Would You Count Two Nine-Hole Scores as a Personal Best?

Reframmellator

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So for handicap purposes, GHIN will combine your two most recent unpaired nine-hole scores to include in your handicap. If you had two really good nines and combined they would be your lowest 18 hole score ever, are you counting it as a personal best?

Nope.

No, i think it would need to be representative of the whole 18 at once. If you just played two separate nines that fit your game better it wouldn’t be the whole picture. Would help vanity caps but hurt others by showing a low “potential”

No, I normally play best in my first 9 holes. If I combined 9 holes from different days, my handicap would be too low. o_O

I would not sit.

For me to count it as a PB, it has to be a continuous eighteen-hole round (excepting weather delays) on the same course on the same day. I'd count it if it was from a shotgun start, but those criteria would have to apply. I agree that if one of those low nines qualifies, it's a PB for nine holes.

Nope. Wish GHIN wouldn’t combine them.

in the same way you'd count your longest drive when you teed it up at the local airport's downhill runway

Nope.

Handicap System does combing scores, ESC, all sorts of weird stuff. That doesn’t change your actual score.

I would not count it as my low score. I think you need to play 18 holes at the same time for it to count as a PB.

Not unless I played them back to back on two nines at the same course. Any rounds in between or nines at different courses I’d say no.

I wouldn't but if someone else does, that wouldn't bother me at all.

No, I think it needs to be one continuous round to be an 18 hole PB.

I am a No on this one. Maybe your best nine holes, but not your best round.

Nope, I would not count that. I'd count an individual 9 hole best, if one was achieved, but not the 18 together.

last year i started a round at 7pm. knew i could only get in 9 holes. shot a PB 39. just out of curiosity i wanted to see what my "score" would have been so a few days later i only played the back 9 and shot a 43. i still consider my pb 86 not the 82.

I think it has to be an 18 hole round to be considered a personal best. That should not diminish the fact that you played two great 9 hole rounds though.

I agree with most. 18 continuous holes for me to count it as PB.

Back