Would you play a course with artificial turf tee boxes?

Absolutely yes, especially if it meant flat ground. Nothing irks me more than an uneven tee box.

I have. it's not the greatest, but at least a semi-flat surface. Beats not playing.

Absolutely yes, especially if it meant flat ground. Nothing irks me more than an uneven tee box.
I found your tee box. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
1671590892145.png

I've done it.

Yup. I played a par 3 course that had mats and had no issues with it. I have no problems with it.

Nope. If I wanted to hit off mats I’d go to the range

Yes and have.

Nope. If I wanted to hit off mats I’d go to the range
Yeah but then you have to your next shot off the mat as well. Less mat hitting is a win.

Just tee boxes? Yes

Yes, especially if they are level.

Yes and I have.
There is a course that was lets just say Inexpensive to play and they had 1 or 2 tee boxes with artificial turf.
When I was younger and just wanted to play I didn't really care.
Now I would if they were better than some courses I have seen.

I would have no problem with that. Especially on par 3

Sure, why not. Never had but wouldn't stop me from playing a course that had it.

I have. I don't love it. And I haven't found these miraculously flat mats everyone is in imagining. It you lay a mat on uneven ground, it is not flat.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I prefer the horrible tee box over the fake turf. If the ground is soft enough they're worried about it, it's soft enough that is not going to hurt me. Fake turf absolutely does.

Sure I would. There’s actually course in an over 55 community back in my hometown with turf greens 😱

We have a little par three course in my area where the tee boxes are nothing but hard pan. They would benefit immensely from decent mats…would definitely play those.

Not what I would prefer but I would

I have. I don't love it. And I haven't found these miraculously flat mats everyone is in imagining. It you lay a mat on uneven ground, it is not flat.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I prefer the horrible tee box over the fake turf. If the ground is soft enough they're worried about it, it's soft enough that is not going to hurt me. Fake turf absolutely does.

I saw a video on the instagram and they were poured concrete and looked super well done.

Back