Would you play a course with artificial turf tee boxes?

I would and I have! There's a course in Florida that has a few tee boxes out on piers over the mangroves.... So you tee up on mats! It's actually really cool.

Sure, I'd play it. Probably not the worst course I ever played. :LOL:

Sure. I think tee boxes are fine and I would honestly be fine with artificial greens

I used to regularly at this time of the year in the UK. Preferred not too, but didn’t stop me playing the course.

Yes, especially in the winter.

I saw a video on the instagram and they were poured concrete and looked super well done.
I guess I have played off of a couple of those. It doesn't change how I feel about it, at least around here. I don't hit off the mats that are on poured concrete at the ranges for the same reason, unless I have to. That is not good for the body.

How about a green? 😂

A synthetic green? Do it every time I take the wife anywhere. She can spot a putt putt from miles away. :LOL:

This seems to be a regular thing in the UK for par 3s. I would be ok with it. For Munis it is probably not a bad idea.

Yes and I can see some level of uniformity being a advantage and the footing shouldn’t get sodden also if wet .
And it’s usually a high traffic area in course and where the most violent of swings occur lol …

I would imagine most would tee up but some may prefer to use raised turf / dirt for tee which may pose issue .

Sure I would. I would hope the quality of the artificial turf would be quite high. Not like those rubber mats on concrete we sometimes see. .

I have this belief in the back of my brain, that in the future, golf courses will be built (tee boxes, fairways, and greens) using synthetic turf materials.

Yeah, as long as the tees hold better than the range.

Closest I'll be getting to golf for 5 months is a simulator so absolutely.

I would, and sadly I do quite often. With the weather here, very frequently over winter the tee boxed are all artificial to protect the teeing grounds through the frost and wet. Generally on par 3s, but not uncommon to have all 18 set up like that.

Sure.

Like most everyone else, yes. It's obviously not preferred, but not something that would stop me from playing.

No I don’t like hitting from mats, it bothers my forearms.

If prepared properly yes. No Divots.

Have never played off artificial turf but if I arrived on first tee and it was artificial I wouldn’t turn around and go home though. I do not like mats on range though so probably be a one-time round at that course.

Don't think I'd play that type of tee box on purpose but if I found out once I got to the first tee, I wouldn't leave just because of that

Only if it’s in myrtle beach with @ddec

I’d be fine with it. Dont love it but it would t keep me away.

Back