Would you play Chambers Bay?

No it's just not my style of course. I like to see trees.

I would if I were already out there and could get on for less than $100.

otherwise, no.

As I was watching the US Open yesterday with some friends, I said "There is no way I could handle that course right now." So presently, no I would not play it.

I'd play it...not sure I'd like to pay the $300 to play it, but I would at half that price or less.

I'd love to play the course as I think it'd be an unbelievable challenge....but I'm big on having nice greens. I'd have to think twice about shelling out that type of money and watching my ball hop, skip and jump towards the hole.

I would like to play it for sure, but for me and the money there are a few others I put over it.

If I were in the area and it was under $100.00 I would probably play it, but I wouldn't pay $250.00 to play it. I think this is the 1st U.S. Open course that I was not moved to want to play it one day.

I wouldn't pay much to play it. I'd have to ride and play the forward tees and it would still kick my butt. There are many other courses that I would rather play.

If I had the cash to spend and it did not affect things for the family then yest I would love to give it a go. Who cares if I shoot 130, at least I would be getting my moneys worth.

I wouldn't pay much to play it. I'd have to ride and play the forward tees and it would still kick my butt. There are many other courses that I would rather play.

Perhaps someone that has played it can confirm, but it is my understanding that there are no carts, one walks with a caddie, However, I do understand that there is one hole where the walk to the next tee is rather lengthy and rides are provided.

Not sure if I would. Crying can come across as un-manly.

Would I play it? Absolutely.

I would if given the opportunity. Can't say I would shell out $250+ but dang the course was looking tempting watching the US Open last night. Would be fun to say I at lease Tee'd it up there.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I'd play it in a second. And wouldn't hesitate at all at the price either.

Resident prices are $169 after July 1st. This said, I'd need a pack mule on top of it (for water, food, clubs). No carts allowed. I don't think it's even push cart friendly. I can't carry my clubs for that distance and during the summer I need to consume about a half gallon of water on a course like that. I don't know how much a caddy costs, but that has to be added on top of it. July - September it's less than May - June. I'll tell you guys this. There is no shade and 80 degrees in that cove gets very hot mid-day.

No. I don't think I'll play that course unless someone gave me a gift certificate for green fees.

I would play it, but not for $250+.

I would then jump in a car and head to Bandon Dunes, as mentioned earlier. Pronghorn also, if time permits. It would be a fun trip to knock out a bunch of PNW courses!

Who is with me?

I would definitely play it if the opportunity presented itself.

Huge caveat is I would be playing in normal conditioning and not US Open moonscape baked out plinko adventure.

Sure. Not many courses I wouldn't play. Would I spend $300 of my own money to play it? Nope.

I played it 3 or 4 years ago from the Sand colored tees (6500 yards), and shot 86.
I think it was only $140 or so back then as a Washington resident.
The greens were much different than they are now, but the fescue rough has grown a lot heavier as well.
I would love to play it again, but they are out of their minds if they think I am going to pay $200-$250 to play it again !

Would you play Chambers Bay?

I have wanted to play Chambers for a while, unfortunetly no one I know wants to play there. I can go alone but sharing that experience with a friend would be much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'd love to play, and intend to someday.

But, I would have to have a caddie with me that knows the course, otherwise it would be a waste of money.
Too many areas that look like the right place to hit to, but are going to be punished severely.

I'd be thrilled to break 100.

Back