Would you play Chambers Bay?

Sure I would, who wouldn't ? If i played golf like I did today I'm sure I would shoot a million there

Yep. I'd play it. If it was in the current condition - I would then demand my money back. But in more normal times I imagine that it is an interesting and fun place to play.

If you hear pros complaining this much about the conditions of a course then no I personally would not play it - I will take Bethpage Black over Chambers Bay any day of the week...

I have played there, and would again on a good weather day, definitely not in the rain again though.

I would, but under it's normal conditions and only if I could play it for under $100.

Regardless of good or bad, I love playing courses with history. This would fit the bill and would love to play it some day

Regardless of good or bad, I love playing courses with history. This would fit the bill and would love to play it some day

This is actually what bothers me about the US Open selection for Chambers Bay.

There's instant notoriety for a new course. All of the sudden, a course that the local government spent $20Million to develop will become a cash cow. It just doesn't sit well with me how this course obtained the U.S. Open nod.

Once to say I did it and never again if the greens are going to be like they were for the U.S. Open. Some of those greens are just inhumane. Punish a guy for hitting a foot past the hole or a foot short is ridiculous, but c'est la golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My parents are 10 minutes from Chambers Bay. I want to plan a trip to play their country club and Chambers Bay!

This is actually what bothers me about the US Open selection for Chambers Bay.

There's instant notoriety for a new course. All of the sudden, a course that the local government spent $20Million to develop will become a cash cow. It just doesn't sit well with me how this course obtained the U.S. Open nod.

And I also love "links" golf

And I also love "links" golf

Wasn't trying to isolate your post. Just happened to make the "it's a US Open course" in it.

The layout does look very interesting. And it looks like a fun course.

I would not play it even if they paid me to play it.

Wasn't trying to isolate your post. Just happened to make the "it's a US Open course" in it.

The layout does look very interesting. And it looks like a fun course.

I will also say that Pacific Dunes greens sucked when I played it. Still would go back in a heartbeat

I'd sure like to play it, but not for anything over 150 bucks. That's not Chambers Bay-related, I'm just not paying that kind of money to play golf. Anywhere.

I reckon the greens will be more friendly when the general public plays over there, and even though I think the design is flawed at several places, it's still a beautiful track at an even more beautiful spot.

I would play it, but not for $250+.

I would then jump in a car and head to Bandon Dunes, as mentioned earlier. Pronghorn also, if time permits. It would be a fun trip to knock out a bunch of PNW courses!

Who is with me?

I have wanted to play Chambers for a while, unfortunetly no one I know wants to play there. I can go alone but sharing that experience with a friend would be much better

Let's do it sometime boys! I'd play this course in the winter again in a heartbeat.

I also want to play at Bandon something FIERCE, but damn that is a long trip. It killed me that I was passing through last year and didn't have the time to play.

With the right group of people I'll play anywhere.

Let's do it sometime boys! I'd play this course in the winter again in a heartbeat.

I also want to play at Bandon something FIERCE, but damn that is a long trip. It killed me that I was passing through last year and didn't have the time to play.

Weekend roap trip! Chambers Saturday and Bandon Sunday oh my that would be epic. I am down

Weekend roap trip! Chambers Saturday and Bandon Sunday oh my that would be epic. I am down

I'm not sure if you realize how far away Bandon is exactly...almost a 7 hour drive from Chambers to Bandon, and Chambers is already 2.5 hours from Bellingham. We'd need at least 3 days, but ideally 4 or 5 to pull that off.

But hey, it's possible!

I will also say that Pacific Dunes greens sucked when I played it. Still would go back in a heartbeat

Played Pacific Dunes.

I thought I read somewhere that it was "no carts". If that's the case, not a chance.
If it's tricked out to US Open conditions / length, not unless I'm winning a bet.
And finally, I'd have real issues justifying $250 for it. Same deal with Cabot Links.

I like a challenge, punishment not so much.

I don't have any desire to play that course after watching it on tv. I'm sure it would play much different under normal conditions, but it still doesn't interest me. Pebble beach or pinhearst would interest me but not chambers bay.

I'm not sure if you realize how far away Bandon is exactly...almost a 7 hour drive from Chambers to Bandon, and Chambers is already 2.5 hours from Bellingham. We'd need at least 3 days, but ideally 4 or 5 to pull that off.

But hey, it's possible!
Thought it was only a handfull of hours, doh! I can always make extra time for nice courses

Back