Would you rather become a scratch handicap over the next 5-10 years or...

?

• Option A

Votes: 78 85.7%
  • Option B

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters
You know being a scratch isn't all smiles and rainbows guys. Everyone wants a piece of you, having to go to all of the exclusive parties, fending off advances from women...it's not an easy life

ill take scratch. being a good golfer would be more fun than 1 good round

I’ll take A every day of the week

You know being a scratch isn't all smiles and rainbows guys. Everyone wants a piece of you, having to go to all of the exclusive parties, fending off advances from women...it's not an easy life
You must live a tough life sir.

If you could sign a glove and send it my way, I would be forever grateful

What if B included free drinks at the bar next to your plaque? :LOL:

At my age, option A without a doubt. My current hadicap trajectory is not something I would want to build upon...

I am 70 years old. So I become a scratch golfer at age 75-80, probably playing the forward tees. Or, I record a 71 in the next year (low round is 72), which likely would not be before I turn 71. I won't even be able to say I shot my age. What is Option C??? ;)

Scratch because I suck 😭

Scratch.
And then I'll go get that record

Scratch please. I got to a 1.8 for a few short months and it is hard to maintain, so playing scratch would be a blast knowing you could play well anywhere.

Give me the course record; that would mean shooting a round in the low 60's which is 20 strokes better than my current avg 🔥

Option A for me. Telling the same story over and over about that one low round you had would get old.

A for me. I'll take the guaranteed scratch since it's going to take longer than 10 years to get there at my current rate.

You must live a tough life sir.

If you could sign a glove and send it my way, I would be forever grateful

See this is exactly what I'm talking about! :):):):)

604210B1-4872-4BDD-85C7-7D0518ECE513.jpeg

Scratch and it isn’t even close.

Would you rather:

A. become a scratch handicap over the next 5-10 years

or

B. maintain your current handicap trajectory, but shoot the record low round at your home course out of nowhere sometime in the next year.

I'd rather A: This means I'm alive 5-10 years and playing better golf than I have been.

Would be a fun journey getting to scratch vs one miracle round, although being on a plaque for awhile would be nice!!

A.
Scratch.
Final Answer.

A… hands down

I think the journey to scratch would be really rewarding, and that is what I would go for.

The record score at my local course? Nah, I'm good.
Was with my golf partner when he shot the record 9 hole score at our local course. Its either 7 under or 8 under over 9 holes. It was neat to see..... but to my knowledge he hasn't come close to matching it since.

I would rather put up consistent improving scores over time.

also, to be a scratch golfer, just 40% of your scores have to the around a 0 differential.

so what if 60% of your scores are still at what you are shooting now? :unsure:

Back