Would you take a 30% raise to go clean shaven?

Would You Shave For A 30% Raise?

• Take The Money!

Votes: 103 92.0%
  • Keep the beard, no one likes a baby face.

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
once they see what's under my beard they would retract the offer sooooooo pass on that one for me.

I will shave my whole body for a 30% raise.

Same. Cash is king right now going through a divorce. I’ve opted for the mid-hobo look since my accident. Usually shave once a week. Would grow a beard but too damn many white whiskers. I’m not THAT damn old. Am I?

Yup. 100%

Oh man...this would be tough because I absolutely despise shaving and my face hates it too. Constantly my skin breaks out when I shave a lot.

I guess if the money was life changing I'd have to consider it.

I'd shave my ass, learn how to walk on my hands and teach myself ventriloquism for a 30% bump.

My face hasn't been cleanly shaved since summer 2018. If I got that offer, I would ditch the beard as fast as I could.

If I had a beard I would shave for the raise. Since I don't currently I would also grow a beard for the same amount.

No. This is why I own my own business. I don’t understand how a beard would make you look less “professional.” I do understand why you might take the job though. It’s just not my way of thinking. 30% is A LOT. Good luck to you, go for that money!

I would take the dough and make it rain!

Also if they have a strict rule on appearance I can only imagine what other illogical rules or compliance's they have?

Still its seriously a 30% increase, take it.

Man I really like having a beard and not having to shave daily or hell, even 3x a week, but thats a big chunk of money.

Think I'll just have to get over having the chubby cheeks showing

For 30%?? Hell yes I'd shave it. I'd manscape it all off for 30%. And like a few others in here, my chin hasn't seen the light of day in probably 20 years give or take.

Ball players do it every off season to get a chance to play on the Yankees. Pay raises and every year having a chance to win the World Series makes it worth it.

Eyebrows and all..absolutely

I guess it depends on how much that 30% pay raise means to you. For 30% I'd shave that beard, Bic my head and throw in the eyebrows too, wouldn't even think twice about it.

I have a mustache and (sometimes) a goatee, and they randomly come and go at whim without me even getting paid for it. I've had a mustache since I was 16 years old and it felt like a huge thing the first time I shaved it off a year or so ago, like the whole world was going to notice and laugh hysterically at me. I didn't get a comment from one single person.

I can't do beards - number one, I can't get past that itchy, scratchy stage a couple weeks in. Number two, they seem hipster to me, and I'm too old to be playing hipster.

For 30%? Heck yes!!

Absolutely and I would put it towards retirement. Beard is a nice to have. A 30% increase is huge.

Here is my one counter to all that say take the money. The current money hasn’t been suggested. So, I think most are thinking about how much they are making or guessing an amount and increasing by 30%.

However, what if the job was just a part time gig making 20k. Is 6k more worth the beard? What about if it was only 3k extra?

Here is my one counter to all that say take the money. The current money hasn’t been suggested. So, I think most are thinking about how much they are making or guessing an amount and increasing by 30%.

However, what if the job was just a part time gig making 20k. Is 6k more worth the beard? What about if it was only 3k extra?
That's 500 extra bucks per month. I guess OP would have to weigh out if having a beard is worth $500 a month. I know what my answer would be.

But the OP asked, "would YOU take a 30% raise to shave?"

So, no offense to you or the OP, I don't care what he makes or if it's only part time (), at my scale (former scale, retired now), I'd take the 30%. But I wasn't allowed to have a beard at my job anyway. So it's a moot point.

If your counter was meant as an offered hypothetical, then if part time and making 20k, my decision would be based more off, "do I need this extra job?" If I needed the extra income, then of course 30% more of it would work towards satisfying my financial needs. So yeah, I'd strongly consider shaving it.

If I were just filling time and earning a few bucks along the way? Nope.

Back