Xcaliber Rapid Taper 105 Iron Shaft Review

Ripped out the three RT shafts this morning. Cleaned hosels and the Dart shafts were delivered. Now just to wait on the shims or send it with a lot of epoxy in the .370 hosels?

Ripped out the three RT shafts this morning. Cleaned hosels and the Dart shafts were delivered. Now just to wait on the shims or send it with a lot of epoxy in the .370 hosels?
Shims. You cannot fill that gap with epoxy, it WILL fail.

Shims. You cannot fill that gap with epoxy, it WILL fail.
Yeah, I know. Will do the smart thing and wait.

Yeah, I know. Will do the smart thing and wait.
Even the Maltby heads with the universal hosels really need a shim.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Called an audible and put the fresh Dart shafts in the ZX5s. Couldn’t pass up a free night alone without the fam, to get some work done without interruptions. Some fresh BB&F ferrules, and NDMC grips, and they are sweet.

still bummed I can’t get the RT set complete, but it is what it is. Will be looking for a set of recoil pulls for the Maltbys.

Called an audible and put the fresh Dart shafts in the ZX5s. Couldn’t pass up a free night alone without the fam, to get some work done without interruptions. Some fresh BB&F ferrules, and NDMC grips, and they are sweet.

still bummed I can’t get the RT set complete, but it is what it is. Will be looking for a set of recoil pulls for the Maltbys.
What weight are you doing in the recoil darts? They are on my short list of graphites I want to try when i swap out my steel.

What

What are you missing for your RT set?

What

What are you missing for your RT set?
Need 5 more RTI95 shafts to make my set work. Regular flex. So definitely WTB those if anyone can hook me up.

Last edited:
What weight are you doing in the recoil darts? They are on my short list of graphites I want to try when i swap out my steel.
I went with the 90s. I liked the RT95s, so wanted similar weight.

Pictures please.

Pictures please.
IMG_0663.jpgIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0665.jpg

5 iron still waiting on one shaft. Like a dummy I forgot to order that length with the others. Have a shaft for a 4-iron, but not the 5-iron length.

Those look awesome.
Thanks. They look awesome, but I’m sure they are more than capable of shanking 5-6 balls into the next fairway with my game.

Well, PayPal resolved the issue with a full refund.
Can't say that I'm happy to have it result to this.
If he shows up, I'll try to buy up the RT inventory the heck with the driver lines. The RT iron shafts need to live on.

Well, PayPal resolved the issue with a full refund.
Can't say that I'm happy to have it result to this.
If he shows up, I'll try to buy up the RT inventory the heck with the driver lines. The RT iron shafts need to live on.

RT shafts are so good.

I've sent an email to the factory to check on a production run.
Even if for my own inventory. I asked for matte black with the gold rings. Only weight and flex printed.
I always had to pay for my own inventory. I've done my own production runs before. I'm technically 10% owner. 10% of nothing was always nothing. So it shouldn't be an issue.
The flex and weight I use and have almost always built from is 105 S+, 105 R+, 95 S and 75A. The other weights have been very few and far between but quite a few of those stated weights. I may consider the 95 R.

Hope you can figure out a way to keep these available. Wish you could get controlling interest of company.

Robin has resurfaced. He says he has hired some sort of management/media firm. Hopefully, this will add some stability.
I believe shipping will now get back to normal.

Robin has resurfaced. He says he has hired some sort of management/media firm. Hopefully, this will add some stability.
I believe shipping will now get back to normal.

Yeah, they had an announcement on social the other day that shipping had restarted.

When I first got involved full time with Robin, it was just after the Golfworks departure. Things were quiet and in a precarious spot. He sent me a sample 75g S Rapid taper.
Built it up and went to the range. The first swing was a wow.. The second swing was just as sublime. I dropped the club and immediately called him. I asked if he realized what he had. That was almost 5 years ago. I've actually lost track of the time.
The journey to get the shafts to where they are was a fun, unforgettable journey. I truly believe that they are one of the top iron shafts available. Extremely versatile and have a feel unmatched by anything. Performance wise as well IMHO.
The work was purely a 'passion for the game' venture. And it was a lot of tireless work. I want nothing more than these shafts to continue converting players to their uniquely wonderful properties.
Hopefully, things will settle down, that these remain available, and viable options.
I'm going to buy up 50 of the 105g shafts split between the S+ and R+. Just to have on hand

When I first got involved full time with Robin, it was just after the Golfworks departure. Things were quiet and in a precarious spot. He sent me a sample 75g S Rapid taper.
Built it up and went to the range. The first swing was a wow.. The second swing was just as sublime. I dropped the club and immediately called him. I asked if he realized what he had. That was almost 5 years ago. I've actually lost track of the time.
The journey to get the shafts to where they are was a fun, unforgettable journey. I truly believe that they are one of the top iron shafts available. Extremely versatile and have a feel unmatched by anything. Performance wise as well IMHO.
The work was purely a 'passion for the game' venture. And it was a lot of tireless work. I want nothing more than these shafts to continue converting players to their uniquely wonderful properties.
Hopefully, things will settle down, that these remain available, and viable options.
I'm going to buy up 50 of the 105g shafts split between the S+ and R+. Just to have on hand

I can’t imagine there are many fitters that have these (correct me if I am wrong). Would the best way to go about trying these out is to just get one and have it installed in a 6 or 7 iron to test out and see how it goes? I dont build my own clubs so that process not as quick and easy for me but I would consider.

I can’t imagine there are many fitters that have these (correct me if I am wrong). Would the best way to go about trying these out is to just get one and have it installed in a 6 or 7 iron to test out and see how it goes? I dont build my own clubs so that process not as quick and easy for me but I would consider.
The fitters that have these is relatively small. You would have to email Xcaliber to see if you had anyone active, local.
I have some demos with Maltby heads circulating around through another group. 105 shafts 3 different flexs. I can ad you to the list. It's in the 105g class.

The fitters that have these is relatively small. You would have to email Xcaliber to see if you had anyone active, local.
I have some demos with Maltby heads circulating around through another group. 105 shafts 3 different flexs. I can ad you to the list. It's in the 105g class.

Sweet. Yes if I could get on this list would be more than happy to have some demos to get a few swings in with. 105 is right in the wheelhouse.

Sweet. Yes if I could get on this list would be more than happy to have some demos to get a few swings in with. 105 is right in the wheelhouse.
Just send me a pm.

I'm bumping this thread up for a little love after seeing Jman's reviews popping up for Xcaliber lately. I've been rocking these for close to a year now in my Mizuno Hot Metal Pros and still really have few complaints. They feel great and they give me a bit of a whippy feel that I personally like since I use one of those sticks with the round balls on it all the time. It just kind of feels like I can mimic that tempo with them. I moved from Modus 3 Nippons' to these for hand pain and I haven't looked back.

The price point on these is about as competitive as it gets. I honestly got these for about $37 a pop vs. $49, but still for a heavy graphite offering $49 is about as cheap as it gets with most other competitors in the $60-$75 range. I highly recommend them if your looking to try something in the graphite market and have to pay all the reshaft costs anyway.

I hope they can get a deal with one of the big OEM brands at some point so they are offered as an OEM graphite option alongside the MMT's, Steelfiber's etc.

I'm bumping this thread up for a little love after seeing Jman's reviews popping up for Xcaliber lately. I've been rocking these for close to a year now in my Mizuno Hot Metal Pros and still really have few complaints. They feel great and they give me a bit of a whippy feel that I personally like since I use one of those sticks with the round balls on it all the time. It just kind of feels like I can mimic that tempo with them. I moved from Modus 3 Nippons' to these for hand pain and I haven't looked back.

The price point on these is about as competitive as it gets. I honestly got these for about $37 a pop vs. $49, but still for a heavy graphite offering $49 is about as cheap as it gets with most other competitors in the $60-$75 range. I highly recommend them if your looking to try something in the graphite market and have to pay all the reshaft costs anyway.

I hope they can get a deal with one of the big OEM brands at some point so they are offered as an OEM graphite option alongside the MMT's, Steelfiber's etc.
Very good value in the shaft work for sure. I play the 95s and have a set of the 100s wedge shafts ready to go in next set of wedges. RT will be my go to shaft in the future.

Back