Review XCaliber Rapid Taper Iron Shaft Review

With a few people claiming sets I'm all but out of the all matte black 105 S shafts.
Look for the retail shafts to be on the site by Monday.
Do not sleep on the RTi 105 R+ shafts. The 105 S+ shafts are with out a doubt for a player on the stronger side but still work well at a 105 SS if you make a nice full swing. Not sure anyone under that needs them. The R+ has proven to have slightly more pop and not lose consistency or feel loosey goosey. Kind of a freak as with the 105 S+ that I have yet to find someone who says 'I Need' them stiffer.
I'll be making up some 105 R+ clubs in the very near future for some full set Testing.

Spin Wedge shafts are also in stock with the new graphics. Only the 115S shaft is delayed a bit.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Met up with @kiwichris this morning for a round of golf. He had just finished building his new combo with the 105 S+ I believe. Could have easily took his bag to finish my bucket before the round, but didn't think that would be nice:D.

He graciously let me hit his 7I. The flight was a bit higher, but looked like it would be okay if windy. Had no markers to hit to, but man did that shaft feel good! Not positive as to a blind buy as I would like to get numbers, but it's tempting.

Braver man than I am to take both a new head and shaft pairing right to the course. He hit them very well and will be throwing darts once he gets his distances down.

Last edited:
Heading back out to Colorado to get my truck. Long story been in shop for a month. Will get in 3 rounds while gone. Rapid taper shafted 7 iron will see some range and course time. Very pleased with what I’ve seen so far. Set of these maybe in my future.

Heading back out to Colorado to get my truck. Long story been in shop for a month. Will get in 3 rounds while gone. Rapid taper shafted 7 iron will see some range and course time. Very pleased with what I’ve seen so far. Set of these maybe in my future.
Still coming a bit away from Denver?

Still coming a bit away from Denver?
Truck is in dodge dealer shop in Salida. Playing Keystone West Friday afternoon. Four Mile in Canon City Saturday or Sunday and a round in salida on the other more than likely.

Truck is in dodge dealer shop in Salida. Playing Keystone West Friday afternoon. Four Mile in Canon City Saturday or Sunday and a round in salida on the other more than likely.
Well Colorado trip is off. Truck not ready. Still taking Rapid Taper to the course today. Looking forward to some side by side testing. Will have the chance to put the Rapid Taper up against the steel fiber i95 both with same model head.

The new cosmetics are live on the site.
Only shaft not yet available is the 115 wedge shaft.

Met up with @kiwichris this morning for a round of golf. He had just finished building his new combo with the 105 S+ I believe. Could have easily took his bag to finish my bucket before the round, but didn't think that would be nice:D.

He graciously let me hit his 7I. The flight was a bit higher, but looked like it would be okay if windy. Had no markers to hit to, but man did that shaft feel good! Not positive as to a blind buy as I would like to get numbers, but it's tempting.

Braver man than I am to take both a new head and shaft pairing right to the course. He hit them very well and will be throwing darts once he gets his distances down.
That’s not normal? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: J4U
Hmmm 🤔. @bbutler how’s that 7 iron working out?

Hmmm 🤔. @bbutler how’s that 7 iron working out?
Just finished playing 36. Could easily bag a set of them. Playing the 85 gram in the 7 iron. They will get a chance if I decide to change shafts.

Just finished playing 36. Could easily bag a set of them. Playing the 85 gram in the 7 iron. They will get a chance if I decide to change shafts.
Do you like the flight and stopping power? Also, have you hit it in any decent wind & if so, did you notice how well they hold their line ?

Is your demo an S or R flex?

Do you like the flight and stopping power? Also, have you hit it in any decent wind & if so, did you notice how well they hold their line ?
No wind today at all today. Need to spend some more time on range with it. I should have thrown down a few more balls in the fairway at a 7 iron range. Overall a good experience with it. Need to get some time with it on launch monitor. I postponed my fitting Tuesday due to some shoulder and upper arm pain. Didn’t figure hitting 2 or 3 hundred balls for a full bag fitting would be real intelligent

Shipping is kind of a bear up to Canada as usual 🤬. Might be worth it for a full set.
You can ship them to Oklahoma. Come get them this winter

Is the classic RT spin 100 wedge shaft the same as the new RTI-100s? The specs appear identical.

Is the classic RT spin 100 wedge shaft the same as the new RTI-100s? The specs appear identical.
No, they’re different, they both just utilize the rapid taper design.

Yes they are. The name Classic was dropped. This was always confusing. Now it's simply part of the RTi family. The Classic RT Spin was the original Rapid taper. It didn't have a huge following but those who ventured to try it loved them. They had a quiet but very loyal following. The radical shape always gave people pause.
Also they carry the new graphics which are awesome.

Yes they are. The name Classic was dropped. This was always confusing. Now it's simply part of the RTi family. The Classic RT Spin was the original Rapid taper. It didn't have a huge following but those who ventured to try it loved them. They had a quiet but very loyal following. The radical shape always gave people pause.

Hell, I learned something new today!

The RT wedge (classic or not) is a weapon

Back