Xcaliber Shafts/Update

Robin Arthur

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Folks
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've hired new Management and Marketing Teams to take my 'Lil boutique golf shaft business to a whole new level in exposure (and sales of course). It's WAY past time to free me up to do what I do best - imagineer shaft designs and help folks have more FUN! I want to again start helping folks to understand the truth about all things golf/shaft designs and not the innuendos all the bigger shaft companies and even OEMs put out there as the features and benefits of their products. Truthfully, I'm not a good business man nor a marketing expert especially in this day and age of constant and rapid changes...should've done this a long time ago...

So I've just become a sponsor of THP and am really looking forward to helping out here as much as I can.

And FYI we're also working on a complete site upgrade which is (as typical) way overdue to be released. I'm hoping to have a concrete date in a couple days...🤞. (Until then if anyone needs product simply e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll get a manual order going out immediately).

Finally and a few FYIs re what we'll be releasing going forward:
1. A 65 gram A/L combo flex Rapid Taper iron
2. A new line of woods that'll "sit between" the Legacy woods (more of an average golfer line - mid spin/mid launch) and the Phoenix woods (hi-bal pts, lower spin). As a matter of fact the Phoenix 6s are a duplication of my ProLite design from the '90s; the 4s and 5s are simply lighter weight versions.
3. Working on a new Rapid Taper wood for a summer releae
4. Also working on new fairway woods....hoping for a spring release.

If anyone has any questions just let me know! 'Tis good to be back!!!

Robin

Can’t wait to see what’s coming next!

Hey Folks
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've hired new Management and Marketing Teams to take my 'Lil boutique golf shaft business to a whole new level in exposure (and sales of course). It's WAY past time to free me up to do what I do best - imagineer shaft designs and help folks have more FUN! I want to again start helping folks to understand the truth about all things golf/shaft designs and not the innuendos all the bigger shaft companies and even OEMs put out there as the features and benefits of their products. Truthfully, I'm not a good business man nor a marketing expert especially in this day and age of constant and rapid changes...should've done this a long time ago...

So I've just become a sponsor of THP and am really looking forward to helping out here as much as I can.

And FYI we're also working on a complete site upgrade which is (as typical) way overdue to be released. I'm hoping to have a concrete date in a couple days...🤞. (Until then if anyone needs product simply e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll get a manual order going out immediately).

2. A new line of woods that'll "sit between" the Legacy woods (more of an average golfer line - mid spin/mid launch) and the Phoenix woods (hi-bal pts, lower spin). As a matter of fact the Phoenix 6s are a duplication of my ProLite design from the '90s; the 4s and 5s are simply lighter weight versions.

Robin
Nice - sorry, remind me the weights that are available in the Rapid Taper iron line?

Congrats! I hope you get a lot more business from that.

What'cha got for a slow swing in woods? Like say a driver swing speed in the low 80's so I guess a woods speed in the high 70's?

Thanks for becoming a THP sponsor and welcome back! Looking forward to seeing what’s next for you and your company.

Great to hear. I love the Xcaliber shaft I have in my 3 iron. Excited to see what is to come for y'all

Looking forward to the new site. I've had much success with your shafts. My favorites are the RT's with the Avalon 5 coming in a close second. Superb products, and the RT wood release has piqued my interest.

Looking forward to the new site. I've had much success with your shafts. My favorites are the RT's with the Avalon 5 coming in a close second. Superb products, and the RT wood release has piqued my interest.
The Avalon is a very underrated shaft

Hey Folks

Robin
May have to send you an email when I get back home, still need to buy a replacement for my PW RT105 that snapped at the hozel. Miss swinging that set.

Thanks Outlaw! (Great moniker btw!!). Now that I'm freed up I'm working on a new wood series (yet to be namd0 but I've incorporated some hi-end woven fabric on the upper third of the shafts to provide a bit of additional stiffening and to raise the bal pts. Initial testing has been incredibly positive....to the point that it surprised me...initial designs typically aren't this cool outta the box. I've also just placed a PO on a new Rapid Taper iron - a 65 gram, AL combo flex that's already on-order. Also re-upped my focus on a Rapid Taper wood which Popeye was helping to test the initial designs. They tested out pretty good BUT not rapid taper great....so I'm back at the drawing board with a couple new mandrel designs (the tapered, steel tooling the carbon fibers are wrapped around). I'm shooting for an early summer release that'll knock folks socks off. Finally I've been asked to get back to providing separate fairway woods as I've done in the past and am on that as well. And I'm still imagineering some others as well... 'Tis very Kule to be able to solely focus on helping folks out again!! Thanks for your note!

May have to send you an email when I get back home, still need to buy a replacement for my PW RT105 that snapped at the hozel. Miss swinging that set.
Just let me know at [email protected] as our site's down but I can get a manual order done and whatever you need shipped out immediately.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Nice - sorry, remind me the weights that are available in the Rapid Taper iron line?
Hey Hawk -
We have weights and flexes of: 105 S+ and R+ <plays more like TS and Ss>, 95 -S and R, 85 -S and R, 75-S,R and A and I just put an initial order in for a RTI65-AL combo flex. With all that's going on including a new website (FINALLY!!!) if you need anything just let me know via [email protected] and I'll get a manual order placed for you (or anyone).

Hey Robin, been a while! We used to talk here and there many years ago elsewhere on the golf web. Was a big user of your AX wood shafts.

If you have anything mid launch and mid-spin for woods i'd love to buy a couple of them when available

Congrats! I hope you get a lot more business from that.

What'cha got for a slow swing in woods? Like say a driver swing speed in the low 80's so I guess a woods speed in the high 70's?
Hey Scorp!
Thanks for reaching out! I'd definitely recommend my "reasonably" new Legacy shafts in an A flex. I designed these Kats for a med to high launch and more spin to help folks in your category to gain distance.. The main problem with a lot of golfers with your swing profile is that they're not launching there orb high enough with enough spin the keep the dang thing in the air and max your distance. Hopefully the Legacy 4-A will help you with that (and if not we'll keep working on it until we get you a shaft/head combo that does work! My site will be up next week so think about filling out the Free Fitting form as well and I/we will give you our personal attention - and NOT some stupid ass chart tom pick from....(Geez this industry drives me absolutely nuts sometimes with all the mktg innuendos and BS...)

Congrats! Looking forward to what's next this year (y)

Hey Robin, been a while! We used to talk here and there many years ago elsewhere on the golf web. Was a big user of your AX wood shafts.

If you have anything mid launch and mid-spin for woods i'd love to buy a couple of them when available
Hey You Outlaw You!!!
I definitely remember our chats - really enjoyed them!

My "reasonably" new Legacy woods are mid-hi launch and spins so tipping them 1/2-1" will definitely bring both down to the mid-level. They're available now even though the site won't be up until Monday. If you want to try one out just let me know and I can haver a manual order put into the system (and I'll set an "Ole Pal" up to start getting wholesale pricing/255 off all of my designs...;)...).

Thanks for reaching out!

No doubt. Very smooth and stable.
Hey JB n Dunk!
Well if you liked the Avalons, you just might love my Phoenix designs. The Avalons were designed to have the same attributes as my '90s ProLites. My "reasonably" new Phoenix shafts? The Phoenix 6 IS the original ProLite! And the 55 and 45 gm shafts are simply lighter weight versions. As a matter of fact with the Phoenix 4 shafts I've release a TS flex version - that I think is the only TS/X flex 45 gram shaft out there.... Anyway that shaft tested incredibly with swings up to 118 mph...BUT they're for Kats with smooth transitions and tempos and not for aggressive swings as at that weight they just cannot handle that initial load over and over again.

Hey You Outlaw You!!!
I definitely remember our chats - really enjoyed them!

My "reasonably" new Legacy woods are mid-hi launch and spins so tipping them 1/2-1" will definitely bring both down to the mid-level. They're available now even though the site won't be up until Monday. If you want to try one out just let me know and I can haver a manual order put into the system (and I'll set an "Ole Pal" up to start getting wholesale pricing/255 off all of my designs...;)...).

Thanks for reaching out!

Hey Robin---thanks for the feedback i may do that, quick question regarding adapters (how times have changed, used to be so easy lol) ...do you have any OEM adapter tips or do i take care of that on my end?

I do know some club builders, and i also have some old fashioned woods that are still glued. So either way can make it work but just curious

Hey Scorp!
Thanks for reaching out! I'd definitely recommend my "reasonably" new Legacy shafts in an A flex. I designed these Kats for a med to high launch and more spin to help folks in your category to gain distance.. The main problem with a lot of golfers with your swing profile is that they're not launching there orb high enough with enough spin the keep the dang thing in the air and max your distance. Hopefully the Legacy 4-A will help you with that (and if not we'll keep working on it until we get you a shaft/head combo that does work! My site will be up next week so think about filling out the Free Fitting form as well and I/we will give you our personal attention - and NOT some stupid ass chart tom pick from....(Geez this industry drives me absolutely nuts sometimes with all the mktg innuendos and BS...)

thanks for the response. I'll check your site out when it's up next week!

Hurry Up GIF

Back