XXIO Prime Driver

Where do you usually hit balls at ?
Sounds good. Thanks for the offer.

R or SR I could see working for me but not the Senior flex. This is coming from a guy who played L flex graphite irons 5 yrs ago.
Usually fox den in the spring since its close but the simulator sessions have been all over NE ohio.

Usually fox den in the spring since its close but the simulator sessions have been all over NE ohio.

Wait till people have the option to hit 2 different XXIO Primes at the THP Event too.
Both with FlightScope, both outside on the range (and course)

No better way to test than that of course.

Wait till people have the option to hit 2 different XXIO Primes at the THP Event too.

I cant wait to get some time with that 11.5 and see what kind of difference I see at that loft and different stiffness

I tried putting a 43gm Mayasaki SR in my 816 DBD and it was a complete fail, just felt awful and impossible to control. The XXIO Prime package is the real deal and I guess the only way to roll for the lighter, faster way of doing Business. Switched back to the Speeder 661 and got things back under control right away, same old short stuff but at least it is reliable.

I tried putting a 43gm Mayasaki SR in my 816 DBD and it was a complete fail, just felt awful and impossible to control. The XXIO Prime package is the real deal and I guess the only way to roll for the lighter, faster way of doing Business. Switched back to the Speeder 661 and got things back under control right away, same old short stuff but at least it is reliable.

Sounds like you need to make this one happen Jim

2 Primes? That means the 9 is not needed:alien:

To be honest if not for this up coming wedding I would have already. But this money pit that my wife is planning has put a damper on my club buying. Another month and a half then maybe just maybe.....

Played this on the back 9 today and hit every fairway with it in its stock setup. Used it on all 7 holes and saw the same thing on each hole. High ball flight with little deviation in path, soft landing and the sound is up there with the most intoxicating I have found in a driver to date. Metallic without being too loud is the best way I can describe it.

Played this on the back 9 today and hit every fairway with it in its stock setup. Used it on all 7 holes and saw the same thing on each hole. High ball flight with little deviation in path, soft landing and the sound is up there with the most intoxicating I have found in a driver to date. Metallic without being too loud is the best way I can describe it.

Any big differences between the 10.5 I have and your run with this 11.5? I know some are very interested in your thoughts in the shaft differences too

Any big differences between the 10.5 I have and your run with this 11.5? I know some are very interested in your thoughts in the shaft differences too

Didnt notice a ton of differences, but was not on FlightScope. The shaft is definitely softer in R than SR, but after a few swings, you get comfortable. For me, I would want SR as a permanent.

My Prime will be hitting the course Tuesday for another round and I am just in love with this driver head.

If you love high launch and crazy forgiving, this thing fits that bill perfectly.

My Prime will be hitting the course Tuesday for another round and I am just in love with this driver head.

If you love high launch and crazy forgiving, this thing fits that bill perfectly.

Hoping to ready some of your thoughts here after the round.

I have a feeling that someday I will own one of these.

I've only seen this head once and have to say I absolutely could fall in love with it. At first glance I was taken a back and the I took that first swing. So good, even minus that grip.

I'm looking to hit this one and see what it can do.

So I found the only only XXIO retailer in OH. 15 min from my office. Go figure.

Downside is they only have two demo's:
Prime in 11.5 Senior flex and the XXIO 9 in 10.5 R flex.
Both felt like softer ladies flexes on the waggle test.

I'll give the 9 a try but the Prime is the one I really wanted to hit.

I would still give it a try. I hit mikedean441's prime today and he had the SR flex in his. My swing speed is 115 and had no issues with what I saw at all. And honestly if given more time I could get along with the Prime just fine. At first I thought it may be too whippy but it ended up giving me this recoiling feeling that I loved. The sound was definitely louder than my 816 Double Black Diamond but it wasn't a bad sound. I actually kind of liked it. Now I have no need or want to change drivers and I won't, but if I was going to look for a new driver the Prime is definitely the leading candidate.

Pounded it dude. Yiur thoughts on thinking it would be too whippy fall in line with just about everyone that has tried this.
I think Grins liked what he saw too when he tried it

Pounded it dude. Yiur thoughts on thinking it would be too whippy fall in line with just about everyone that has tried this.

Every time I pick up the Prime or 9 in the shop they tell me "those are for old people looking to gain swing speed and high launch, you don't want that driver". Kid you not, 3 times they have told me this.

The Prime in A flex is very similar in feel to my orange whip. Whip may cpm firmer actually. If they had an R or SR I'd demo it in a heartbeat. I'll probably ask to hit the XXIO 9 10.5 in R.

Every time I pick up the Prime or 9 in the shop they tell me "those are for old people looking to gain swing speed and high launch, you don't want that driver". Kid you not, 3 times they have told me this.

The Prime in A flex is very similar in feel to my orange whip. Whip may cpm firmer actually. If they had an R or SR I'd demo it in a heartbeat. I'll probably ask to hit the XXIO 9 10.5 in R.
Time to find a new shop!
Ive seen 85 mph swings up to 115+ pound this thing and come away impressed.

And in 2 months it will get put up against a ton of other drivers at club clash and i bet it holds its own

I would still give it a try. I hit mikedean441's prime today and he had the SR flex in his. My swing speed is 115 and had no issues with what I saw at all. And honestly if given more time I could get along with the Prime just fine. At first I thought it may be too whippy but it ended up giving me this recoiling feeling that I loved. The sound was definitely louder than my 816 Double Black Diamond but it wasn't a bad sound. I actually kind of liked it. Now I have no need or want to change drivers and I won't, but if I was going to look for a new driver the Prime is definitely the leading candidate.

Wait till you hit mine. I kid you not, you are going to freak out.

Wait till you hit mine. I kid you not, you are going to freak out.

I can see why you added a second driver to your bag. You crush the GBB and it's great for you but the xxio is just a fun club to hit

It felt whippy while I was waggling it at address but during the swing it felt like a recoil. It was great

Had the same thoughts Phil. Once you put a swing on it though that disappeared quickly.

Sounds great, I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to try it out.

Back