You move. Do your team allegiances change?

Well? Do you switch squads?

• This is the way!

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Of course not!

Votes: 83 89.2%

• Total voters
It will take you some time, but you will eventually switch. When you're in a city with a sports team you just get flooded with them. One the news, players in tv adds for grocery stores, everyone around you talking about them. It's just inevitable. Sports teams have such a large regional influence.
👆This

When I was in WNY during my college years it was easy to get wrapped up in the Sabres. Had their AHL team in town and it was cool to see those guys go up and make some playoff runs.

I will always root for my team. If I move, I will find a place for them as well as long as they aren't division rivals. If they are, then maybe just maybe I shouldn't have moved... :ROFLMAO:

We don't really have pro sports here in Louisville, or even Kentucky for that matter so I'd say probably not. Depending on where I moved, I may have more of a routing interest for the home teams tho.

Add another team to support but remember my beginnings. Unless it’s a rival then no way in hell. “Those guys are terrible and their fans are the worst” no matter who the rival is.

@JB says this is the way. I say it is lunacy.

If I moved to Baltimore I should become a Ravens fan? Insane.
Moved many times in the Air Force and never became a fan of that area team

I think that YouTube, Podcasts, even X have helped people maintain their original ties. I listen to Baton Rouge Sports Radio to get my LSU & Saints fix daily, and I’ve lived in Nashville for almost 20 years now.

No you don't just change allegiances...unless you get a chance to be a Morgan Cup captain apparently.

I still somewhat follow the Rangers, Stars, Cowboys and Mavs from my time living in DFW. I don't have any local teams but will watch the Titans if we get that game.

My college team stays my team no matter what.

I would say pro teams may have a chance to shift, but college would stay.

I could see myself rooting for one of the FL pro football teams if/when I move there- but definitely not going to jump on the FSU/Florida/Miami bandwagon from a college perspective

Nah you keep your team.

Keep the original team, but i'd probably root for the new local team as well, unless it was the rival of the old team.

Reading through this it seems a lot of people keep college but maybe move or maybe don't for pro teams.

Anyone go to college and yet root for another team in their division (or outside of it) for one reason or another?

Hmmm. You think? Most Penn State fans I know didn’t attend the school. I’d say the same about Ohio State. Tons around here.
Sidewalk alum dont count.

Reading through this it seems a lot of people keep college but maybe move or maybe don't for pro teams.

Anyone go to college and yet root for another team in their division (or outside of it) for one reason or another?
I went to school with a good bit of Alabama fans. Choose Auburn due to difference in majors, etc.

I live in Florida and Detroit teams have my allegiance. Do I root for the teams in my new area….sure I do.

Sidewalk alum dont count.
Around here we call them Walmart Wolverines hahahaha

That being said I didn't go to Michigan but have been a fan of the football team my whole life 🤷‍♂️ definitely wouldn't change if/when I ever move

It can also be fun to be a black sheep and root against the crowd in that city. I love being a non Buckeye in Columbus

I could see myself gradually following the pro teams in another city. Not college most likely though

That being said I didn't go to Michigan but have been a fan of the football team my whole life 🤷‍♂️ definitely wouldn't change if/when I ever move
LMAO @ Wal Mart Wolverines, that's gold.

It can also be fun to be a black sheep and root against the crowd in that city. I love being a non Buckeye in Columbus

I could see myself gradually following the pro teams in another city. Not college most likely though
Choosing a pro team, that goes against your home team is a weird move.

What made you a fan of them? Asking seriously, not trying to start anything or prove you wrong or any weird shenanigans.

I went to St Johns and I can't stand them - but that's a personal decision based upon scholarship dollars so you don't need to like where you go or root for them after or not just curious.

What made you a fan of them? Asking seriously, not trying to start anything or prove you wrong or any weird shenanigans.

I went to St Johns and I can't stand them - but that's a personal decision based upon scholarship dollars so you don't need to like where you go or root for them after or not just curious.
Family was big fans, loved the colors and of course the helmets. Being the local team growing up they were always on tv too

Back