Your Club Choice?

8 or a very hard 9 if if I’m getting help with the wind.

Smooth 7 iron. after I have psyched myself out that there is zero water and it is just another par 3. Of course I have been thinking about this hole the whole round so I am sure it will be a terrible strike of the ball and ultimately it skips a couple of times on the water.

7 iron aimed toward the right side of the green and hope I catch it properly.

5 hybrid and hope it catches the back bunker

It was a blast with 24 THPers last time we held an event here. Not many landed the green, but the fun and swag were incredible.

If this was playing 161 with not much wind and the pin fairly close to the middle, what club are you hitting from your bag?

View attachment 9018703

Probably 9i but if I sense any advantage at all with wind, it’s a hard PW. Pin in the middle, I’m more concerned with my distance to front. 7i goes 180 with players clubs and about 205 with extreme distance clubs. I don’t know why but I somehow play the players ones, 🤣

As long as I have the club to cover that, I’m good.

165?

6i

8i. Standard swing and hope for the best

A teed up high 5 Hybrid. High moon ball. And hope it lands somewhere dry. But it won’t skip off the back that’s for sure. It’ll leave a crater or a cannonball of a splash. 🤣

Depends on a bunch, but probably a 9i. I'd fear long more than short.

I’d try to skip a 5 iron across the water. Pull it off and you’re a legend, and if it gets wet the 7 iron I would have pulled likely would have been wet anyway.

6i I think with my distances. Will be a bit short but the green seems rather large so with no wind, I’d try to land it short and roll close rather than aiming for the pin

Be nice to know how far to the front of the green but I am probably knocking down a 5i to be sure I cover the water. If it is 150 or less to cover the water I am hitting a 6 iron.

8 iron if its 160 to pin.

If I'm striking the ball good that day, then 7i if not then 6i.

I would be hitting an 8 iron possibly a 7 depending on how swing that day

That’s a smooth 7i and prayers to my maker.

6i

More thank likely a 7 or a soft 6

8i for me .. man that would give me a bunch of anxiety and a hole I bring out the noodle ball for

little cut 7 iron

6i….if I mishit, would still have enough to get to green and if flushed, still a lot of real estate behind the pin to hold the green. 6i would reduce the risk.

It would be between a full 8 iron or perhaps a less than full 7 iron for me.

Back