Your Favorite Golf Shoes to Walk In

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright, so I'm looking to walk more rounds in 2021, and want some feedback from those who have course tested shoes. Let me know which golf shoes you find that are most comfortable, but still perform in all conditions. Bonus point for pictures!

I had a pair of Nike something or others that were comfy but they failed when the sole came off so I tossed them.

I wore a pair of Adizeros and they were pretty comfy... I was riding in a cart though not walking. Also the spikes seemed to really pick up leaves. Never had that happen before.

Ecco Biom are some of the most comfortable golf shoes I have owned. Sketchers Go Golf Elite are a pretty close second.

Adidas CodeChaos Sport. I have all three colorways at this point. Haven't tried the regular CC versions yet, but these get the job done and are a little lighter on the wallet to boot.

CodeChaos_Sport_Golf_Shoes_Grey_EE9112_01_standard.jpg

Favorite are MyJoys Icons. The XX Wide fits my flippers perfectly.

Also pretty happy with the Adidas Tour 360 XT in Wide.

Adidas CodeChaos Sport. I have all three colorways at this point. Haven't tried the regular CC versions yet, but these get the job done and are a little lighter on the wallet to boot.

CodeChaos_Sport_Golf_Shoes_Grey_EE9112_01_standard.jpg

I just got a pair of these. Haven’t played in them yet, but they are super comfortable to just walk around in.

I just got a pair of these. Haven’t played in them yet, but they are super comfortable to just walk around in.

I've definitely worn mine as regular shoes when I have somewhere to go after golf.

Prior to last season I would've said Ecco Biom's. Now it's TRUE Linkswear and it's not even close. They're one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn - golf or not and I walk 99% of my rounds.

Almost anything in the Puma golf shoe line will be very comfortable for walking and not break the bank. Also, can vouch for True Linkswear, as @Sooner21 mentioned above if you're looking for spikeless. Not sure they make a spiked shoe.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far everyone. Been looking at each as they come through. Some intriguing options thus far!

I walk pretty much exclusively and I do get some foot fatigue (as well as my Achilles being absolutely shot), so the one thing I won’t mess around with are shoes. By far the best shoes for me have been the Adidas Code Chaos. The boost technology soles are legit, instead of the usual marketing bs you usually see. They also look good. I had Ecco bioms previously. The adidas are an improvement in comfort to me, plus they don’t look like dad shoes. I don’t play in muddy conditions. Over watered fairways or heavy dew are the worst I have to deal with, but have never had traction issues.

I have found my Puma shoes to be the most comfortable for walking

I have found my Puma shoes to be the most comfortable for walking

Have not taken them on course, but walking around the simulator has been enjoyable hahahahaha

Following along on these, going to be in the market and really wanting to do a lot more walking. Hope some of the top choices have wide options

I have really enjoyed my Pumas and I plan on taking them to Bandon with me next month. I will be bringing the TrueLinks TL-01 as well though. Very comfortable to walk in, nice for those with wider feet, look great on and off the course.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for suggestions as well. After enjoying the CodeChaos last season, I've come to the conclusion that my feet just don't quite fit them - all 4 of my pairs have worn out in the heel at the same location.

I'm strongly considering the Asics Course Ace.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for suggestions as well. After enjoying the CodeChaos last season, I've come to the conclusion that my feet just don't quite fit them - all 4 of my pairs have worn out in the heel at the same location.

I'm strongly considering the Asics Course Ace.
I've had good luck with Asics running shoes, so I was considering their new golf shoes. Was hoping someone would chime in with real experience.

I've had good luck with Asics running shoes, so I was considering their new golf shoes. Was hoping someone would chime in with real experience.
That's my theory as well - I used to wear Asics all the time.

I know there are a fair number of THP'ers who wear the Asics golf offerings. @JB was the one who turned my eye to them.

In my opinion, the best thing is to get quality insoles for your golf shoes. Walking 3-5 miles each round will wear out any shoe you buy.
I buy the orthopedic 40-45 dollar ones on Amazon and can use my FSA account for them.

Back