Your favorite Tom Hanks movie!

tenor.gif

source.gif

Joe-Versus-the-Volcano.jpg

Forrest Gump is #1 definitely! But, there’s a lot of good choices not mentioned yet...DaVinci Code, A League of their Own, Splash, Sully.

1. Forrest Gump
2. The Green Mile
3. Saving Private Ryan

Castaway or Saving private Ryan. Too hard to choose just 1

He is in so many great movies. Saw one recently called The Road to Perdition. My wife and daughter rented Mr. Rogers recently didnt know how this could be made into a movie. I thought it was great. But ive just always loved “The Burbs”

Gah, hard to choose between Saving Private Ryan and The Green Mile.

You've Got Mail

Attachments

• couch smiley.png
    couch smiley.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 5
Catch Me if You Can - I've watched this movie way too many times to count
The Da Vinci Code - Loved the books, thought their execution was strong
League of their Own - Guilty pleasure for sure
Saving Private Ryan - Would be tops without question, if I didn't hate Upham so much - and can't watch the end because of him

This is such a difficult question as I find him such a GREAT actor and love most of his movies. I will say his performance in Captain Phillips, especially after just getting rescued, gets me every time I see it. Such a raw, emotional scene. Not many could pull it off like he did.

Last edited:
Saving Private Ryan
Apollo 13
The Burbs

I am not aware of MoneyPit
1986 co starring Shelly Long and Yakov Smirnoff. It likely would appear in a thread about least liked Tom Hanks movies. It doesn’t come close to the quality of his other films but It’s goofy and I remember liking it as a kid.

Splash... 🧜🏻‍♀️

I am in the minority here and will go with none. I am not a fan of Tom Hanks.

Well thank you for the Friday night movie choice...

1. Forrest Gump
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Big

Saving Private Ryan for me.

Forrest Gump is my favorite individual movie ever so that's it.

My other Hanks favorites are Catch Me If You Can, Big, and Joe Verses The Volcano.

Edit: went to IMDB and forgot about The Burbs and That Thing You Do. I really liked both of those a lot too.

Cast Away for sure.

I will say Bachelor Party, because it’s awesome.

Some of my favorite movies are League ofTheir Own and Saving Private Ryan. And Forest Gump. He’s good.

Bachelor Party takes the #1 spot for me as well, with a wide margin. With being stuck home I might actually go ahead and watch it today!

Back