Your goals in golf for 2021.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What are your goals in golf for 2021. More rounds, specific courses, game improvement.

For me I’ve set a goal to reduce my handicap to single digit from 15. Lofty goal maybe. If I can eliminate the blowup hole per 9 will help. Sim time is helping with swing flaws. My biggest issue is I get lazy in my back swing and don’t make a full turn. If and when I get lazy it results in a right push due to club face being open.

To make sure I stay committed to this goal
I’m not buying new clubs until it’s attained.
Wish me luck. What are your goals.

I'd like to get to a single digit. Shot Scope just implemented strokes gained on the app and looking at my stats, if I work on off the tee, I think I can get close

Play with more THP'ers that are around. Try and consistently shoot in the 70's. Always try and play more rounds.

While it is not getting my HC to a specific number, it is to reduce big misses - chunked chips, mad drives.....

More rounds than 2019 (2020 was a bust due to an injury - but things are feeling good and I expect to be ready by spring)
Play at least one course on my "bucket list" - Blackwolf Run and Arcadia Bluffs seem to be the front runners at the moment
Play at least one round with a THPer (would be my first!)

I would like to focus more on my Putting. I'm relatively happy how I drive the ball, I like my chipping, I can improve on approach shots, but overall I'm content, although lately I've been wonky with my hybrids.

Anyway. Lessons in the Summer. Putting consistently and not leave myself long 2nd putts, I want more stress free tap ins.

Team Hackers winning the Morgan Cup.

• Bring home the Grandaddy belt
  • Play more rounds than I did this year (>32)
  • Full swing practice at least twice per week
  • Make an eagle
  • Make 3 or more birdies in a round
  • Break 80 (4 low rounds of 82 this year, low nine +1 37)
  • Single digit cap (13.2 now)

Play twice as much golf as I did last year.

Play with more THP'ers again!

Hopefully get to another THP event.

Team Hackers winning the Morgan Cup.
I’ll go along with that. Crossing fingers that I can get to a THP event. Morgan cup would be a bucket list trip

Get my handicap down below a 2.5 index.
Shoot 3 rounds under par.
Track more stats such as fairways, gir, putts, etc.

Get back out and visit some of the Colorado crew that's gone dormant. Meet some new members in the area.

Play in some THP events, miss those.

Maintain my shot goal and maybe improve on it, depends on the knee and swing. Based on touch wedge shots I think my swing will be more stable and a little more power. Staying positive!

Goals for 2021 -
- 18 handicap (reached 27 in first year)
- Get better at putting (possible metrics to judge will be 3 putts and number of birdies or 1 putts)
- Get better at driving (possible metrics to judge will be penalties and FIRs)
- Learn some new competitive/betting games (currently only really play snake)
- Get my girlfriend and Dad into golf (both received clubs for Christmas)

Drive over 350 yards on a long drive grid, get my handicap to ~10 and actively track strokes gained.

What are your goals in golf for 2021. More rounds, specific courses, game improvement.

For me I’ve set a goal to reduce my handicap to single digit from 15.

I'm in a similar boat. Like my weight, my handicap is far higher than it should be thanks in large part to COVID. I just have to figure out how to get back to playing more than once every 4-6 weeks which is the hardest part.

Hit 55% of my fairways (47% in 2020)
Hit 45% of my greens (39% in 2020)
Average under 80 (80.7 in 2020)
Break par 1 time

Break par more than once this year.
Play with more THPers
Stay a single digit HC
Have more fun.

Play more golf and enjoy more time spent with good friends on the course! :drinks:

Stay healthy
Reduce or eliminate my Over the Top move
Get an established HC
See where THP may lead me

Get some lessons and have a consistent enough swing to be fit for custom irons.

Back