Your goals in golf for 2021.

my aim for 2021 is just to get back on a course to play

I concur, courses are closed all around us.

1. Medically, I have not swung a club since the ICD implant, so I need to check all is well physically.
2. Need to change club, the new course I joined last year is rubbish, poorly run, badly maintained and boring layout. The counties of Wiltshire, Somerset and Gloucestershire have only one club in England's top 100, Burnham & Berrow, so I will look to join that.
3. Need to shoot more under 80 rounds and no over 90 rounds, relaxed consistency.

Would like to get in more rounds, looks like 37 last year plus probably 15/20 scrambles. Missed Saturday because of a covid scare but going today, should be about 80° at tee time. At the age where I am happy to be able to play and then hope for a decent score.

Going big this year:

Getting handicap to scratch and win the club championship

• Get to a single digit handicap
  • Eliminate tee box penalties
  • Enjoy the Grandaddy (maybe even we win it!)
  • Improve on short game
  • Play with THPers

I only have one goal....Have fun on the course

Stay healthy
Reduce or eliminate my Over the Top move
Get an established HC
See where THP may lead me

Hey we're pretty close by, I'd love to have you come play Wyantenuck this year!

I had a pretty horrible year last year....my golf bud and best friend stabbed me in the back and caused serious strife among our families...it really messed up my summer and I didn't play as much as I'd like. Last year was the first year in many that I never broke 80. I shot a few 80s but couldn't manage to snag a 79 or better. I'm in great shape to do so this year.

Break 80.
Hole in one.
Play Augusta.

Not lofty at all, lol.

My current HC (not real, calculated as real, as I’m not paying for it) is 4.7. My next round drops the round of my life a -6 66 on a 72.0/130 course. It’s going to jump a lot unless I pull another -6 out of my ass.

So if I finish 2021 under a 5 I’ll be happy.

Personally I’d like to play another THP event. I’d like to become even better looking. Id like to be able to dress as sharp as Dave, i mean @Vortex in THP speak.

I’d like to get together a group of THP’ers for a weekend this spring if no one else does.

At any rate I’d like the quantity of golf and the quality of golf to go up. By quality I mean I meet a lot more of y’all.

A hole in one without a toddler as my only witness would be nice too.

Be able to play the rounds I have set up in August in Scotland.

I have a bunch of goals right now. First and foremost I am tired of being inconsistent. I hate being the guy that can shoot under 80 sometimes and then turn around and be lucky to break 100 the next time out. My first goal is to build a solid and consistent swing. I am already working on that with my pro.

Secondly, I am working on some putting changes to better my stroke and also lower my scores of course. That is coming with the help of my pro also. I am working on changing my grip right now from a claw grip to a reverse overlap. I am also working on a very small hinge in my putting stroke versus trying to use more arms to control as I was previously. I wasn’t a horrid putter before by any means but these changes will make me better.

The third objective is to put in a lot of work on my short game. It’s ok but again not quite consistent or where I want it. There are some shot types I don’t have that I need. I find myself at times in a place where I know I can get the ball on the green but I can’t get it close enough for a high percentage putt. That needs to change obviously because I can save quite a few strokes if I can put the ball closer to the hole. Some of it is shot types I just never had anyone teach me and part of it is shot types I know but do not have the confidence and practice put in to pull them off on the course. Again, something my pro and I are planning to work on.

Fourth, course management. I don’t do a terrible job at this. I am not one that just randomly decides to try a high risk shot all the time but there are certainly times I make poor decisions. A lot of it is just trusting my gut feeling when standing over the ball. Sometimes I make a decision and over the ball I realize I should probably do something different but instead of backing off and changing my approach, I let her rip. There are a few different things that come to mind but often it is just I am not comfortable in my grip or maybe when I am over the ball I realize it is above/below my feet more then I realized and should make a club change and don’t. Pretty simple fix there just need to listen to myself.

Finally, I am doing more fitness and stretching to help achieve some of my goals. I am a big man to begin with but I can lose some girth and tone and build some muscle and that alone will help my golf game.

I have not played a round in a month now. I am really more focused right now on getting this solid repeatable swing built with lessons and practice. I have set up my account to keep a handicap for the first time this year to help me track progress. I already tend to track fairways and greens hit, how many putts, and some other data on my scorecard as I play for the last year. My pro thinks he will have me around a 6 handicap by the end of the summer. That is a really lofty goal but I trust him that it is achievable. We would like to see consistent scores in the mid to high 70s with my worst days being no higher then 85 and best days around par.

I posted my golf goals previously but will add a swing work goal here: take the left side miss out of my game. Golf is not a game of perfect, but this work is coming along nicely. Can’t wait to swing on course with more left miss trust!

Get my make percentage from 5-6 feet to 50% or higher. That should shave more than a stroke off my index.

Hey we're pretty close by, I'd love to have you come play Wyantenuck this year!

I had a pretty horrible year last year....my golf bud and best friend stabbed me in the back and caused serious strife among our families...it really messed up my summer and I didn't play as much as I'd like. Last year was the first year in many that I never broke 80. I shot a few 80s but couldn't manage to snag a 79 or better. I'm in great shape to do so this year.

Would love to play this year. Thanks for the offer.

My golf goals for 2021 will be to completely relearn my swing after having both knees replaced in the last couple of months. The surgeon said I should be able to play golf around the middle of May. I expect my 5.5 handicap to balloon up for awhile, but with hard work I hope to get it back down fairly quickly.

My golf goals for 2021 will be to completely relearn my swing after having both knees replaced in the last couple of months. The surgeon said I should be able to play golf around the middle of May. I expect my 5.5 handicap to balloon up for awhile, but with hard work I hope to get it back down fairly quickly.

Best of luck to you in your return from double knee replacement.

My golf goals for 2021 is to build on my swing re-build from last year (thanks Planemate!!!) and maintain solid ball striking. This year I want to improve my putting to where it was a few years ago, and gain some ball speed off the driver.
I will continue my rowing, have added some leg exercises (box jumps and explosive type exercises), and started with the speed sticks a few weeks ago. My Current swing speed is around 103-105, with low 150 ball speed. I would like to get it up to 108-110 with 160 ball speed,

Increasingly, the goal is just to play golf (at all).
Buy new fitted irons for the first time in ages..... like brand new, not new to me.

Experiences are now out the window with the travel ban, which sucks since this was the year I was determined to do it (have the time, have the money), just can't get across the border without it being a minimum of 14 days of quarantine with I come back (not including whatever I might have to do on the way down).

- Practice more....a lot more.
- Work on mental game/focus.
- Make more birdies.
- Get scoring average to 78 or below. Currently at 81 avg.
- Not real concerned about HCP, but I'd like to get it <3.

I want to stop shooting 10 shots+ difference between a back and front 9.
The past two rounds, I shot 40 on the front side and 50/51 on the back side of different courses.
It is infuriating

more rounds is a definite. I need to find some people to play with more often as well.

Goals - I've started. I bought the Lag Shot driver/wedge set. The wedge is a little short for me. That driver is the least forgiving club I've ever hit.

1) Work on my tee shots. If I can keep my tee shots out of the woods, I can probably take 5 to 9 shots off my score. This is why I bought the Lag Shot driver. Now so far what have I learned: I learned I can hit the center of the club face fairly consistently, but the ball will still go right. Why is this happening? I learned today that I have not been starting my downswing with the "Hogan Hip Slide-Bump". Hogan really slid through, kept his head behind the ball and then rotated. I have been rotating my hips and getting stuck. So I worked on that today. When I got it right the ball went down the target line. I switched to my Mavrik, and using the same tempo as with the lag shot, make that slide move during transition, the ball also went down the target line. Although I snap hooked the last shot in the bucket, I donated an old Bridgestone e6 for one last shot and put it "in the fairway" with a slight draw.

2) Next month, I'll incorporate approach shots with my irons more. I don't like being out in the cold long the weather will be getting warmer.
3) Beginning in March, I'll start kicking my short game and putting and play my first round.

My goal this year is to break 90. I already shoot 90 so this should be easy. It's a bogey on 18 instead of a DB. It's a par on 17 instead of a bogey.

But if I can take 5 strokes off my usual 92, that's an 87. If I can take 9 off my usual 92 that's an 83. I just have to keep the ball out of the woods. I'll be extremely happy if I can hit 86.

I am buying no new clubs this year. I bought Shot Scope V3 to keep stats and it should be here in March. I saw it got better with the updates. Arccos uses a phone and my pockets aren't big enough for it, and they're always out of the belt clip unit. I suppose I can join GHIN for $25 at one of the golf stores and just enter my scores online.

Back