Your "It's Good" / Gimmie Length

What I'll give is a foot, what I expect is 3 feet lol.

Usually its anything inside the leather, we have 12 guys in our regular group so it varies slightly depending on who you are playing with. Its always a money match (whole group and individual 4 some matches) so unless its for double or higher or we are really falling behind its pretty strict

2-3 feet typical. If we're playing for money we may make each other putt out the occasional two footer.

Causal round is whatever’s close. Competitive round with something on the line I’ll give a couple inches or so.

0. I putt everything out.

Probably anything inside 3'.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yep my league gimme were an issue and with money on the line every week it's putt it out. I remember the first time I played, and I knew we had to putt out, I missed a putt, and did the ol' hit the ball with the opposite side of the putter from the opposite side of the cup. Ball went in no issue, got back to the cart, playing partner turns to me and says "listen these guys are aholes when it comes to the money game I suggest you take all putts seriously, no more of that crap you just pulled." haha I love old dudes and their skin games.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Normally anything inside of 2' is given at our club in our group. In matches and tournaments there are no gimmies. Everything has to be putted out. Be surprised how many 3 footers get missed when it means something.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Exactly, and it's why I like to putt everything out most of the time. In an outing it's much more relaxed and gimmes are given and taken in much longer distances!

Gotta ask this, cause the curiosity is killing me::banghead:

How does one justify one's hdcp when doing this?:confused2:

Gotta ask this, cause the curiosity is killing me::banghead:

How does one justify one's hdcp when doing this?:confused2:
No handicap involved in a skins game for me.

It’s basically just be aggressive on every shot within reason and flag hunt. On a normal stroke play day such as today I’ll play a bit smarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really depends. Some guys I play with don't want a gimme, even from 6". If it's a casual round, they can take it from 100 ft out for all I care.

If there's money on the line, it's usually good from 2' and in... Unless they're going for a double bogey or higher.

In my league, everything is supposed to be putted out, but usually it's given based on where that hole stands. So usually 2-3' and "what are you going for".

I like to putt out myself.... especially anything a foot or more.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No handicap involved in a skins game for me.

It’s basically just be aggressive on every shot within reason and flag hunt. On a normal stroke play day such as today I’ll play a bit smarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really speaking about establishing and maintaining an official handicap and the validity of those who carry one.

Our normal group plays skins or teams (but we all play our own ball tee to green) and 3 ft is usually the gimmie length max unless it is for birdie then it is putted most times.

1' is automatic. 2' is good..."
The guys I normally play with putt everything out because we have to in tournaments. There's no sense practicing picking it up when every putt is a potential miss.

That said - 2 feet is where I stop giving putts during the offseason when we can't post scores. I've seen WAY too many people miss 3 footers to consider giving them, unless it's for double or more.

As so many have said, it depends on the person and situation. Playing with a guy who is well known to me as a good putter I will concede putts in the 3-4 foot range if it isn't a side hill putt. We used to play with a guy that conceded himself putts and as the round went on they were longer and longer! I play in an outing once a year where there are no gimmies to avoid inconsistency from one group or person to another. I prefer to putt everything out or only be conceded putts within two feet or so.

Very situational. If casual play and someone is struggling, I encourage them to pick it up from too far probably. During the "A money game" we put tape on everyone's putter at 20 inches and you get credit for 1/2 of your official HC. That is my preference.

The game that drives me crazy is with an older group I play with from time to time. They take full HC, play the ball UP regardless of conditions, and then putt out every single putt because they don't trust a few of their friends. Something about giving a guy two strokes on some holes, watching him improve every single lie, and then putting out 11 inch putts just annoys me sometimes LOL.

I'm not talking about anyone specifically here but i've wondered why people get so butt hurt if i'm playing a casual round with them and don't say, "It's good", on a putt. They will make a, "Well I guess I have to putt it out then", remark. Personally, I don't care what you putt and what you don't. I know my gimme range for my own putting but even then I usually want to knock everything in just for the practice. If you want to pick it up, pick it up. I'm not being rude by not telling you it's good, it just doesn't cross my mind because I usually want to putt everything myself. As for speeding up rounds I'm not much of a pre shot routine guy and very rarely mark my putt unless i'm in someone's way. Just step up, look at a line then hit it.

It's been quite some time since I've even played golf with someone else but usually it's "in the leather". Playing alone I never concede myself any putt. I putt everything out from 3 feet to three inches.

It depends on the game we are playing and the people that are playing. One group goes with the length of a putter (about 3ft) and another "inside the leather" which is about 2 ft. Most measure from the inside edge of the hole out. I played once when a player laid the putter down on the ground and measured from the opposite side of the hole. So instead of ~ 2ft, it was ~2ft minus the width of the hole.

2 or 3 feet usually but sometimes depends on the situation.

If it’s a competitive round no more than 3 feet unless it’s for for a double or worse.

This my answer too. Perfectly said

Depends on the person :alien:

Also depends on the situation I am pretty generous most of the time but if it is to close a match out or to push the match etc you are putting it no matter where the ball is

^^^ This

edit: my other comment was gonna be Lexi missed the two footer I bet she wished hers was conceded

2 to 3 feet depending on situation

Back