Your Masters Dinner

I'll offer up what I get for dinner pretty much every single time I eat dinner at my club...

Filet Mignon (cooked to preference - I get medium rare)
Parmesan crusted asparagus
Garlic red skin mashed potatoes
an ice cold Stella to drink
....for dessert, chocolate/raspberry cake w/raspberry sauce

Each year the reigning champion hosts the Masters Dinner for Champions that have worn the green jacket. The tradition is unlike any other which fits the event.

So if you were to don the green jacket and return the next year as champion, what would be on your menu?

hah, that's a great question. I don't know that there is a meal that really defines me at this point. Maybe just a nice steak and potatoes with some veggies.

Louisiana food!
Grilled oysters from Drago's
Crawfish Fettuccini
Red Beans and Rice
Jambalaya
Crawfish etouffee
Hot water corn bread
Purple hull peas with hot sauce
Boiled Crawfish
Blackened Snapper
Softshell crab from Mr B's
Corn Macque Choux
Bread pudding
Bananas Foster
and
Pecan Pie from Mr B's

Caesar Salad without anchovies
Stone Crab
Bone in Ribeye
Asparagus
Mashed Potatoes w garlic AND Hash Browns
Chocolate Mousse with hand whipped cream.

I'll offer up what I get for dinner pretty much every single time I eat dinner at my club...

Filet Mignon (cooked to preference - I get medium rare)
Parmesan crusted asparagus
Garlic red skin mashed potatoes
an ice cold Stella to drink
....for dessert, chocolate/raspberry cake w/raspberry sauce
Near identical to mine, I will have dinner with you any day

I'm starving now

Stone Crab
Bone in Ribeye
Asparagus

good call on the mousse with the whipped cream. but hash browns with steak?

How are you teaching the guy from Maryland about crab? Should be the other way!

I used to live in the area! I know all about MD crabs!!! Many a Saturday spent with bushels of steamed crabs cover in OleBay and wooden hammer

It would be a full blown crawfish boil, with new potatoes, corn, red beans/rice, and beer!

or a full blown Low Country Boil. I think I like the Shrimp more, but a good mudbug boil is hard to beat.

Bruschetta bread with fresh mozzarella and caesar salad to start
Dry aged Ribeye with blue cheese crumbles
Smoked mac n cheese and bacon wrapped asparagus as sides
make your own sundae for dessert or variety of cheesecake
To drink I would have a variety of all types of alcohol with the specialty being all the styles of beer Southern Tier makes.

There is a local steakhouse that I would basically mirror what we get there:

Bacon wrapped shrimp and steak torpedoes as apps

Loaded wedge salad

Filet Oscar or a porterhouse, with loaded mashed potatoes and bacon scallion corn bread

Bread pudding or cheesecake for dessert

Stone Crab
Bone in Ribeye
Asparagus

Never realized that Ceasar Salads came with achovies ?!

Once you have it no other crab soup will stand up

Yeah, I really love crab soup so that she-crab soup sounds like it's up my alley. I might even try to make it and see how it goes...

I used to live in the area! I know all about MD crabs!!! Many a Saturday spent with bushels of steamed crabs cover in OleBay and wooden hammer

ROTFL... my old neighbor owns a carry out crab shop and a restaurant, so we got crabs often. I would just supply the beer :D

Never realized that Ceasar Salads came with achovies ?!
In nice restaurants they cut it open and rub it along the wood bowl they use to make it, most Ceasar Salads use anchovie paste

Three way and a couple of coneys.
44c600429aa7c5ab21da9f38e237ac08.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iceberg wedge salad with blue cheese dressing
Stuffed lobster
Asparagus
Homemade biscuits
Carrot cake

Here is how Master's dinner would go down (consider it a you call it/buffet style):

Starters: Baked French Onion Soup, Split Pea Soup or Cesar Side Salad
Appetizers: Fried Mac and Cheese Bites, Mozzarella Sticks, Cheese Curds
Entree Option #1: Chicken and Steak Fajitas, Rice, Beans with Sour Cream, and choice or Flour/Corn Tortillas or a Torta
Entree Option #2: Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza (Cheese, Sausage, Pepperoni, or Veggie)
Entree Option #3: Portillo's Catering (Beef, Baked Mostaccioli, Sausage and Peppers)
Dessert: Portillo's Chocolate Cake, Portillo's Chocolate Cake Shakes or Dairy Queen Blizzard's

Not a conventional dinner but man you get a little freedom to choose what you want!

My masters dinner would be some of the best barbecue I've had, my uncles. He's part of a competition BBQ team. I would have Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, Macaroni and cheese and top it off with some grilled asparagus. For dessert hot fudge brownie sundaes.

Back