Your Most Loathed: PGA Tour

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Simple question, who’s your least liked player on Tour? Why?

Patrick Reed??

Sergio. I really dislike when people cannot control their emotions and take it out on fairways and by acting like a 2 year old. Grow up. You hit a bad shot, own it, and move on.

Patrick Reed has been cast as a villain and is pretty unapologetic about it.

JB Holmes/BDC gets on a lot peoples nerves for slow play.

Patrick Reed has been cast as a villain and is pretty unapologetic about it.

JB Holmes/BDC gets on a lot peoples nerves for slow play.

I have been doing some reading on BDC lately and I went from not liking him, to appreciating him. I like that he he is different and I do believe he is not putting on a show with all the science and data behind his game.

Reed for sure but I feel sorry for anyone who is not totally appreciative when they the have ability to make it to the tour. The chance to make money doing something you love the and relationships it provides are life altering.

I have been doing some reading on BDC lately and I went from not liking him, to appreciating him. I like that he he is different and I do believe he is not putting on a show with all the science and data behind his game.

I just dont know how much is this identity that he wants to have vs who he actually is. Needless to say I can see how it gets on a lot of people's nerves.

Sergio and his temper tantrums.

Patrick Cantlay doesnt get a bad rap for his slow play but I remember him being pretty slow as well.

Keegan Bradley is super spastic when addressing the ball.

I really feel like outside of Patrick Reed there really isnt a lot of villains. Maybe Sergio with his emotions but a lot of people love it (except when its destructive). Most of the other players on the disliked train are usually for slow play which honestly isnt the worse thing in the world for how much these guys are playing for.

I have never liked Bradley since his caddy was so rude to Miguel in the match play.

Jon Rahm because he's a crybaby and I hate 'em.

Patrick Reed is an easy taget for sure. I am amazed he can still contend when he puts all that negative stuff on himself tho.
Kuchar can be abrasive at times. But I think this is 2 person race Reed vs Sergio

Rahm (whining) and Sabbatini (hat) are my least favorites.

Patrick Reed is at the top of my list for his ethics while playing in competition. I don't care what he does when not in competiton but I know I wouldn't play him for money. (Not that I'd ever either play for money OR play Patrick Reed)

Sabbaweenie is always a good pick.

Jon Rahm because he's a crybaby and I hate 'em.
Aren't most of the Spanish tour players like this?
I feel this is just "normal" to them, but for the rest of us it's "crybaby".
I will admit easily that it can be a bit much, often.

When I heard NYC'ers talk to each other, I swear that they are going to fight. But they don't. It's just how they are (sound).
I hope this makes sense

Definitely Phil. People tend to overlook all the bad that has surfaced about the guy over the years. Yes, there are a lot of suspect characters on the PGA Tour, but none more so than Phil for me.

Sabbaweenie is always a good pick.
He acts all cocky and like he's the big (snit), but yet has nothing on his record to back it up.

Reed 100%. How someone can be such a total knob is beyond me.

Just on total "I dislike how he is all anyone wants to talk about" at times...... Tiger.

Probably Sabbatini, but Bubba frustrates me by blaming everyone but himself for his poor play.

Interesting question. I can't say I loathe any player and/or have a least favorite.

Cameron Smith I guess.

I don't like Brooks Koepka. I can't stand his aloof jock vibe he gives off. It just reminds of an immature high school athlete.

Sergio sealed it for me when he spit in the cup and then said it was no big deal afterward. That would go over well right now, lol.

Since then he has proven over and over again what an uncontrolled poor sportsman he is. To me he has the most punchable face on tour.;)

I don't like Brooks Koepka. I can't stand his aloof jock vibe he gives off. It just reminds of an immature high school athlete.

Agree on Koepka. Have not liked him since before it was cool to not like him. At the 2015 Wyndham I watched his group play a hole. He 3 putted for bogey, threw his putter at his bag, and stomped off to the next tee while the rest of his group was still putting out. It was childish and immature, just as you said.

Back