Your Most Loathed: PGA Tour

I’ll say it... Jason Day has screwed me over so many times in fantasy golf.

Tiger Woods. The man is a marvelous golfer, but the golfer is not a marvelous man.

I just dont know how much is this identity that he wants to have vs who he actually is. Needless to say I can see how it gets on a lot of people's nerves.

Sergio and his temper tantrums.

Patrick Cantlay doesnt get a bad rap for his slow play but I remember him being pretty slow as well.

Keegan Bradley is super spastic when addressing the ball.

I really feel like outside of Patrick Reed there really isnt a lot of villains. Maybe Sergio with his emotions but a lot of people love it (except when its destructive). Most of the other players on the disliked train are usually for slow play which honestly isnt the worse thing in the world for how much these guys are playing for.

Regarding BDC, yeah I get that. Makes sense. I have just tried to look at him in a positive light and how he brings something unique to the table where a lot of other golfers are boring. I think he is good overall for the game.

Definitely Phil. People tend to overlook all the bad that has surfaced about the guy over the years. Yes, there are a lot of suspect characters on the PGA Tour, but none more so than Phil for me.
That’s because he’s Mr Perfect when he knows there’s a camera on him. Heard he’s a complete douche bag away from cameras and to the guys on tour. I’m sure he didn’t get the FIGJAM nickname for no reason.

I can't say I loathe anyone who I haven't met, but I will admit I just can't stand JB Holmes. The man is a disgrace to the game and every logo he wears.

Patrick Reed??

I have a feeling this is going to be a popular vote. haha

I would vote JB Holmes. He seems like a good enough guy. But his slow play is maybe the worst offense if golf.

Sergio sealed it for me when he spit in the cup and then said it was no big deal afterward. That would go over well right now, lol.

Since then he has proven over and over again what an uncontrolled poor sportsman he is. To me he has the most punchable face on tour.;)

#NotTakingTheRonaSeriously

agreed though, Garcia has had too many chances to prove that he's not a dirtbag out there.

Rahm seems to be sneaking under the "Reedar" right now. I get such a weird vibe out of him, in a negative way.

Is it different than the vibe Sergio puts off? I feel like they’re on the same emotional rollercoaster.

probably bubba.. i dont like his swing and i dont like his demeanor.

Sergio sealed it for me when he spit in the cup and then said it was no big deal afterward. That would go over well right now, lol.

Since then he has proven over and over again what an uncontrolled poor sportsman he is. To me he has the most punchable face on tour.;)

What a d-bag. I personally like the "fire-y" guys on tour, but you're 100% right on Sergio. Time and time again he feels the need to prove what we already think of him. The stuff that got him DQ'ed in Saudi, the rumors that he lost that bet to Knox in the Masters and didn't shake his hand afterwards, throwing his shoe into the crowd because he went OB, saying that stuff about the Fried Chicken when talking about Tiger... I mean, take your pick of stories. Total Richard.

Patrick Reed all day long. Not that I needed additional reasons, but here's what my friend recently told me:
1) He listened to Kostis on this podcast: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/02/peter-kostis-patrick-reed-cheating, and 2) his sister worked at a country club where it was reportedly "well known" that Reed would pilfer from other members' lockers all the time.

I really hope he gets caught in a blatant act of cheating and gets drummed out of the game. Great talent but a complete stain on the game of golf IMO.

I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a Tyrrell Hatton here yet. I like watching him try to beat himself in addition to the rest of the field, but I know that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

What a d-bag. I personally like the "fire-y" guys on tour, but you're 100% right on Sergio. Time and time again he feels the need to prove what we already think of him. The stuff that got him DQ'ed in Saudi, the rumors that he lost that bet to Knox in the Masters and didn't shake his hand afterwards, throwing his shoe into the crowd because he went OB, saying that stuff about the Fried Chicken when talking about Tiger... I mean, take your pick of stories. Total Richard.

Did Sergio say something about Tiger and fried Chicken? I know that Fuzzy Zoeller did before Tiger's first Master's dinner.

Patrick Reed. Glad Sergio got over his regripping thing. That was incredibly annoying to watch. He still needs to work on his temper.

Is it different than the vibe Sergio puts off? I feel like they’re on the same emotional rollercoaster.
I'd say it's different in that Sergio has done a number of things that are beyond reality. The spitting, the green episode, the bunker spazz...

Rahm just has a nasty way about him. Not happy, ready to implode, crabby. Sergio is just an ass.

Sabaweenie for sure. I don't like his attitude.

I don't like Brooks Koepka. I can't stand his aloof jock vibe he gives off. It just reminds of an immature high school athlete.

definitely in my top 1, that Bruce Koepka guy.

I can't decide between Sergio or Patrick Reed. Both have let me down after rooting for them. I was really happy for Sergio when he won The Masters and thought maybe he would use that to become a better person, but NOPE. I think he became worse after that.

I loved Reed at the Ryder Cup battling with Rory who is my favorite PGA player but holy crap what a D Bag.

I used to hate Sergio a lot because he thought he was the best and an amazing golfer. Lately it seems he has lost his temper a lot as others have stated. However, it seems he has been humbled and he has been nonexistent.

The worst moment was watching Sergio win the Masters.

I don't get the reed hatred someone fill me in other than the recent "cheating".

I used to hate Sergio a lot because he thought he was the best and an amazing golfer. Lately it seems he has lost his temper a lot as others have stated. However, it seems he has been humbled and he has been nonexistent.

The worst moment was watching Sergio win the Masters.

I don't get the reed hatred someone fill me in other than the recent "cheating".

Just search Google for some of the Reed stories from University.

Reed is the obvious answer for me. However Brooks isn't far behind though for other reasons.

They pretty much all look like bland whitebreads to me.
Top players don't usually come from urban cultural centers and thus all tend to fall into type.
That's why I don't follow pro golf anymore. There aren't any players with whom I can relate.

They are awfully good, though. I'll give them that.

Back