Stand Bag, Carry Bag, or Cart Bag...Which do you use or prefer

Terrya22

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Your thoughts on what type of golf bag you use. Stand Bag, Carry Bag, or Cart Bag.

I use a cart bag. Works well on the cart, but also when I walk which is most of the time it works great on the ClicGear push cart.

14 way cart bag....I walk 95% of rounds and it's perfect on my push cart. Works great if riding also.

I've used all at some point over time, I like the stand bag so if I am traveling, etc. It's easier to have it nearby and standing. But I do love the storage, dividers and space I get from a larger bag like a cart bag, and it does seem to fit while I'm riding or pushing on my clicgear better than a stand bag. I rarely carry/walk to my guess is it'll be cart similar bags from now on for me.

Cart Bag for me!

Staff Stand Bag - Best of both worlds.

I have both and love the options. The cart bag is good for 90% of my rounds, and is much easier to use while on the cart. The stand bag I use for the range and for rounds that walking is potentially an option.

Stand bag - I carry almost 100% of the time, even though most of the courses I play have a fair amount of hills. I only use a cart if required and sometimes use my push cart on extremely hot and humid days. My current model is the Ping Hoofer from 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the size of cart bags and 14 way tops but really wanted legs for the rangr. Tried a Callaway Chev cart bag and liked iy except no legs.

Picked up a Sin Mountain C130S and haven't looked back. 14 way top, plenty big and legs.

6-7 way Stand bag of one of staff bags. Autographed Bridgestone is in play for Winter

Stand bag every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stand bag with Ogio Silencer tech.

Still works in carts or on push carts, is easy to carry, and gives me the stand legs when I need them.

Have them both but I don't walk that much anymore so they always go on a cart.

Always had a stand bag with the backpack style straps.

Almost always prefer a stand/carry bag, but leaning towards using my cart bag a little more, when I push my ClicGear.

Both. Cart bag for normal rounds in a cart and when pushing. Carry bag is more for travel, range time and the odd carrying round. They don't happen often but they certainly do happen.

Cart bag is also better at holding all of my crap, which is a lazy answer, but a truthful one. Never have to worry about having my rain gear, club cover, extra towels, etc. in my cart bag as it's always in there. If I'm going to carry/travel, I'm planning ahead for weather anyways.

I prefer a cart bag since I walk most of my rounds and it fits my clicgear best. But I bought a little coozy type adaptor and now my Morgan Cup stand bag fits like a dream.

And makes it much easier when I go to the range/short game area.

Staff Bag, wasnt listed in the choices, but it's my preferred. Have been using one for nearly 5 years now, and I love the space/storage I get with it. That, plus I never walk so I never care how much it weighs.

Stand since I have been walking more, and Id love to find a solid 14 way option. Would look at cart option if home course would allow our own push carts

My perpetual search for the perfect bag has culminated in me going with the smallest, lightest, stand bag I can find. I walk 90% of my rounds and I still prefer to carry over using a push cart.

Whenever I ride on a cart with a stand bag, I wish I had a cart bag. Whenever I'm at the range and my cart bag blows over, I wish I had a stand bag.

In the end, I went with what I'm going to use most--and since that means walking, that means lightweight stand bag.

Stand Bag.

I have this fantasy of me walking the course again and bought a SM 2.5+.

I also use it for travel and cart because every pound counts to keep under 50, especially when I stuff 2 bags (my son's junior bag) into one travel bag.

I also have a SM 4.5 for the range and cart.

6-7 way Stand bag of one of staff bags. Autographed Bridgestone is in play for Winter

On the lookout for a used Bridgestone - I think they design the best staff bags, by some distance. Can't justify the $ on a new one.

For now, I rotate between a H2NO staff stand bag (push cart use mostly now as a leg has broken) and a 2016 Ping Hoofer that is perfect for carrying. Still love to walk and carry whenever I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stand bag

I have the bloated Ogio Silencer cart bag and the Sun Mountain Two-Five at the opposite end of the spectrum for when I walk.

Back