2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

I played the older version today, 9 holes with the RX and then 9 with the RXS. I am really wanting to try the new version to compare. RX was longer for me, but not as much spin. I am not a high spin player but actually backed up an RXS today. :clapp: Will be very interesting to try this years version.

Thats good stuff Snickerdog. I think if you liked the previous version, you are going to fall in love with the current version.

Perhaps I missed it but has anyone have any comments on the new RX vs. the new RXS?

Perhaps I missed it but has anyone have any comments on the new RX vs. the new RXS?
Sorry, didn't mean to blow up the thread with the old version.

The RXS spins more around the green, but I honestly think most amateurs that do not put a lot of spin on the ball, will not see that spin difference there.
I really like both balls.

Sorry, didn't mean to blow up the thread with the old version.

Don't worry dude, those are some solid thoughts, looking forward to your comparison thoughts with the 2016 version.

I gamed the RXS in the sim today and it didn't show any wear on the cover which is awesome. Also showing some pretty good distance numbers as well. Looking forward to getting these outside in a couple weeks.

It's on like donkey kong

56d2a6db9783d59c4b09b65927c3a939.jpg

Played the new RX again yesterday and while I cannot comment on performance off the tee (since I stunk it up off the tee), they did really well for me on and around the greens. On those delicate shots just off the green, the spin was noticeably better. I commented last week that I left a few short because I was playing for a little more roll out. This week saw an improvement because i was a little more aggressive in that department.

Hybrids and irons into the green held very well too. The shining for me on yesterday's outing was the performance with the putter. I really can't put my finger on it, but it just came off so consistently. It sort of felt soft which allowed me to make a more aggressive stroke. I had my Bridgestone TD-03 out for the second time as well, and the insert on that putter is just so nice, so maybe the difference in feel can be attributed to that.

The durability provided by SlipRes cover is real too. I had two shots catch some path and while there were some scuffs, they were pretty minor. That ball went back into the bag after the round and next time out when I reach in and pull it out, there will be no hesitation to use it with the minor marks.

JM

Played the new RX today, Driver was flat but hit the 1st 6 of 7 greens in regulation and came away with 5 boogies and 2 pars so the Putter was flat also. Go figure golf is a cruel game, irons are spot on and the other 2 aspects are bad to terrible. Wind was blowing 15-25 all though the round but that was not the problem, I was the problem.
Spin off the irons was great, drop and stop with the distance spot on for the club pulled. Chipping was good and the feel off the putter was nice but real slow greens added up to a lot (most) putts were short. 1st impression was solid, hope for better conditions and better Driving and Putting next time out to give them a better test.

I'm looking forward to trying the new RX but haven't seen them online anywhere, not even on Bridgestone's website.

If there is a Dick's Sporting Goods near you they may have them. That's where I got them on Friday.

Played the RX on the front 9 today and absolutely murdered the ball off the tee. I just love the way this ball feels and there is plenty of spin around the green for me. Crazy part is after getting some interesting bounces, the ball looks brand new after 9 holes.

Made the turn and switched to the RXS and I think I will go back to the RX. Off the tee they are similar for me, but around the green and on approach shots I think I am getting too much spin. THe ball literally feels like you are ripping the cover off (but the durability is impressive).

Put a 2016 B330-S into play along with the 2015 version on Sunday and liked it a lot. The cover seems more responsive and a bit softer. This is noticeable especially off the putter. Much lower note with the 2016 version. I really liked it. Can't wait to get out more with them.

I played the new B330-RX today and I am a believer. I'm almost considering not even trying the new Chrome Soft. That's how much I liked it. It felt great off every club and was fantastic on the greens despite my inconsistency. Bridgestone absolutely nailed it with this one!

Last edited:
I went to a live fitting today. They put me in the B330-RXS and gave me a 2ball sleeve. I'm hoping to get out this weekend for at least 9 holes. Definitely bringing them to the #KickoffClassic next weekend.

3932eb48a539ea6e5c6b11ce7738555d.jpg

Struck out looking for these today. Sad.

Played the RX today again and continue to be impressed. The durability is just disgusting good and I'm generating a ton of green side spin.

Damn I can't find these anywhere. Went to two golf stores today. One more to check out tomorrow.

Played the RX today again and continue to be impressed. The durability is just disgusting good and I'm generating a ton of green side spin.

To see you this excited about a golf ball is music to my ears and a testament to what Bridgestone put out this year.

Can't wait to get these on the course.

Damn I can't find these anywhere. Went to two golf stores today. One more to check out tomorrow.
Let me know if you need me to pick you up a Dz. I'll bring them down next week bro!

JM

Have you compared it next to the RXS?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really, really excited to get the B330 in hand for some swings. Absolutely cannot wait based on the feedback that has been coming in, but availability and weather have me stuck in the waiting area.

At all the THP Events this year, everyone is going to have to ask ... "How do you mark your Bridgestone? "
The popularity of this ball is growing by the day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everything that's being said about the RX is absolutely true. I just sold the new Chrome Softs I had because I plan on exclusively playing the B330-RX unless of course I get into an event where it would be wise to play a different ball :wink:. For my game, the 2016 B330 RX is the best ball. It's that good!!!

Back