Bridgestone BarriCold Winter Gloves Preview

Need to snag a pair of this for the winter range sessions

I didn't get to wear mine long enough to purely measure warmth against other offerings. What I can definitely say is that these are more versatile to be worn while playing. Not that much thicker than a standard golf glove. I think in combination with hand warmers they will be ideal.

I with Cookie on the thickness, or lack of with these. It's almost as if I'm wearing two normal gloves from a club grip standpoint--which I really like.

I can't yet comment on the warmth of these, as the weather here simply hasn't been that bad yet. In my two rounds wearing them, the temperatures were in the mid-high 50s and the gloves were almost too warm. I'm very curious how they would perform in high-30s or low-40s for me, because with that thinness, I am skeptical.

I could be wrong because I only tried them on quickly but they almost had a neoprene like feel to the material.

Today would have been a good test, Sunny and calm but mid-30s.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My barricols are warmer than my wintersof and it's the material on the back of the hand it offers more protection against the wind than the wintersof to me.

Really like these gloves, the wintersof palms might be a little better but not enough to beat the warmth and the grip isn't better where I would stick with them over the barricold

Love Bridgestone's gloves, will have to give these a try here soon!

Ordered a pair today while I was on course with the temp at 37. Excited to get them in.

After using my FJ rain gloves the other day I think some of these need to find there way into my stocking, would be very helpful this time of year!

After using my FJ rain gloves the other day I think some of these need to find there way into my stocking, would be very helpful this time of year!

This just reminded me of my last round with Cookie. We were trying out the Barricold gloves for the first time. On the range, I had planned on testing these against another brand of winter gloves that I had, but I accidentally grabbed my FJ rain gloves. I still tried both pair for comparison. I actually played most of the day with the Barricold on the left hand and the FJ on the right. I had no issues with feel with either glove
Someone said the Bridgestone glove reminded them of neoprene, and I have to agree, That was my first thought. I did like the feel of the Barricold glove, but the sizing is an issue. They were probably a 1/2" to short, but they'll work. I actually thought the feel was good and I never had an issue of the club slipping or any loss of feel of the grip.

This just reminded me of my last round with Cookie. We were trying out the Barricold gloves for the first time. On the range, I had planned on testing these against another brand of winter gloves that I had, but I accidentally grabbed my FJ rain gloves. I still tried both pair for comparison. I actually played most of the day with the Barricold on the left hand and the FJ on the right. I had no issues with feel with either glove
Someone said the Bridgestone glove reminded them of neoprene, and I have to agree, That was my first thought. I did like the feel of the Barricold glove, but the sizing is an issue. They were probably a 1/2" to short, but they'll work. I actually thought the feel was good and I never had an issue of the club slipping or any loss of feel of the grip.

Which did you feel was warmer?

Which did you feel was warmer?
Had to be the Bridgestone. But it wasn't that cold to get a good comparison. Low 40 something and windy. I'll definitely be giving them some time when it gets a little colder. My only complaint with the glove was the sizing.

Today's weather (49 degree with wind chill being in the high 30's) was a great test for these with me. Ended wearing both gloves today and never had issues with my hands feeling cold during the round. My hands usually give me problems in this type of weather, but they were warm the entire round. These are proving to be very useful this time of year for me.

Crap i meant to put these on the family gift exchange list and totally forgot about them

I need to order some of these now.

Love these gloves. They will get me through some cold days of practice this winter. They have put the FJ to the side

What size did you guys go with? I am going to pick up a pair, but I wear a cadet M/L in Footboy/Callaway and can't figure out what size in these.

Thanks in advance.

What size did you guys go with? I am going to pick up a pair, but I wear a cadet M/L in Footboy/Callaway and can't figure out what size in these.

Thanks in advance.
Roger, I normally wear XL gloves and I am wearing the L/XL size in these if that helps.

Roger, I normally wear XL gloves and I am wearing the L/XL size in these if that helps.

That helps, probably will try a medium in these.

Thanks!

I bought small which is a size smaller than I wear in the Bridgestone tour premium glove

That helps, probably will try a medium in these.

Thanks!
I wear a cadet medium-large in most brands. I ordered the Medium/Large from BSG, but the gloves I was sent simply say Medium--and they fit true. A little snug (compared to my normal medium-large), but nothing I notice on the course.

If anybody checks this out and had been thinking of getting a pair of medium then PM me. I will send them to you. I only wore once (not on golf course) and they are a touch small in the fingers (normal cadet m/l sizing for me). If you want to throw in a few bucks for shipping that's fine but these are too small for me.

Got a chance to wear these this past Weds in 40* temps. They performed nice! However, I took the glove off my right hand during swings. They slide on easy so it's quick to do. I have never been able to hit a ball with 2 gloves on. I can't explain why I can't but I can't.

Back