Callaway Preowned - Amazing

CPO is fantastic. Both clubs I've purchased from them have been far better than described.

I bought some new clubs for my wife, and thought I was upgrading to some quality grips... Apparently not. Sent a note to Callaway, so hope they stop selling these substandard grips. This is only after two range sessions.
1e50032d5efd2309b39fe82bf5508a0b.jpg
7b8886b1fc51b596ea8b28ad0f5a058f.jpg

Winn grips are notoriously bad in my experience

Lesson learned...

When the Winn Dri Tac's first came out I went to the range and after about 40 balls the metal cord was showing. Contacted Winn and they provided me 4 free grips but I never did use them. Switched to other brands after that.

I usually buy like new and it's usually wrapped and at worse showroom wear.

The 2 "woods" I have bought from CPO were both described as "Like New" and came with heads and grips wrapped in cellophane. I also bought a set of Apex irons that were described as being in "Very Good" condition and I was a little concerned as to how they would look. When I received them I could tell that a few of the irons had been hit and the 6I came with a small bag ding on the back of it but other than that they were in terrific shape, better than I both feared and expected. I would never hesitate to buy Callaway clubs from CPO though I have heard other brands (which they do sell as well - trade ins?) may not always exceed their description.

I bought a hybrid from them on Saturday, in like new condition. I'll let everyone know if it is like new or new......

I bought some new clubs for my wife, and thought I was upgrading to some quality grips... Apparently not. Sent a note to Callaway, so hope they stop selling these substandard grips. This is only after two range sessions.
1e50032d5efd2309b39fe82bf5508a0b.jpg
7b8886b1fc51b596ea8b28ad0f5a058f.jpg

Update... Sent these pics to CPO and they offered two choices 1) send replacement golf pride grips, or 2) refund costs incurred if already regripped. Since I am in Japan, they suggested going with option 2), so now just waiting for a credit card refund. Love their customer service.

I bought a hybrid and a 3 wood both like new. I hope to be impressed when they come in.

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

normally pretty true to statement, HOWEVER, i have had an instance where like new was only "good" to be honest.

I just got my "like new" 3 wood. It came with zero marks and the new stickers on it and the brand new matching head cover sealed in a bag. I would be surprised if this club had even been hit. The grip after a couple swings to do the old brand new club mist practice swing had that whiteish look you get with a brand new grip. I am very impressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Calloway, just going based on everything I've read on this site since I first joined, has some of the best customer service I've heard of, in any field.

It's great to hear/read that there are some large companies that still operate this way.

I just got my "like new" 3 wood. It came with zero marks and the new stickers on it and the brand new matching head cover sealed in a bag. I would be surprised if this club had even been hit. The grip after a couple swings to do the old brand new club mist practice swing had that whiteish look you get with a brand new grip. I am very impressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
This is exactly how my 4W just showed up. No plastic on the head, which I've seen, but still brand new.

here is what a "good" condition AW looks like from CPO:

4c0722ae918115888760856b81ed27f7.jpg

Bought my Apex irons "like new" - they were brand new in plastic wrap. Hybrids in "average", look liked they were hit a handful of times at most. Very happy with their service.

I have bought clubs that were rated "like new" twice and both came sealed in plasitc

Wow, this is all good stuff... I'm about to head over to the site as well, so its reassuring to hear the stuff routinely is 'better than advertised"

Wow, this is all good stuff... I'm about to head over to the site as well, so its reassuring to hear the stuff routinely is 'better than advertised"

It really is. I've bought stuff rated "average" from CPO and anywhere else would have rated it "very good". And like the others said, "like new" often IS new. Sure you may get some clubs that you feel may not live up to the rating, but those'll be few and far between.

It really is. I've bought stuff rated "average" from CPO and anywhere else would have rated it "very good". And like the others said, "like new" often IS new. Sure you may get some clubs that you feel may not live up to the rating, but those'll be few and far between.

I agree. My history with them is long and I have never been disappointed by any purchase from them.

Great stuff. Might be dangerous now I know the quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my XR 4 hybrid a couple of weeks ago from CPO in "like new condition", and it was new I would say. Not a mark on it and the headcover was still in the bag new. This week I bought a XR 5 hybrid in "very good" condition and it had a little sole wear, but was as near to new as one could get without being brand new and the headcover was in a bag new.

I am eying a set of irons on there, but they are in "average" condition. I am picky, but the price is uber good! I have only bought stuff in very good condition, so I have a feeling these irons are gonna be beat up..

Next time they do a sell on irons I am seriously considering the Big Bertha Irons. They are just so expensive right now that I can't even remotely consider getting them. They are great irons though.

Back