What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
44/56 today. Started out really well on the front, and I was trying to stay very positive and drawing off past successes to keep my spirits up. It worked for awhile and then some bad shots kind of knocked me down and I couldn't right the ship on the back. It didn't help that the wind picked up, but I don't think that had much to do with my poor performance. The good news is I was at least missing one way instead of the 2 way miss I've been fighting, so if I can keep it at a 1 way miss then I'm happy about that. I proved to myself that my swing is in there somewhere, I just need to get back to trusting it on the course. I do want to give a shout out to Ricky for sending some positive words my way after my last round, the encouragement really helps, and I was channeling it on my front 9. Work in progress, but it will come around.

You played a lot better than that score suggests! Looking forward to teeing it up again tomorrow!

The past few days playing with Icey, Neb, and Rambler I shot a 78 at Ashland (40/37). I think this morning I shot an 84 (44/40). I was going on about 4 and a half hours of sleep this today. Today felt like I only hit 3 or 4 actual golf shots, lol. But I had a ton of fun playing with those 3 guys and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's round.

Highlight for me was yesterday's round, hit a 410 yard drive on a 493 yard Par 5 (one of my longest ever). Flipped a lob wedge to about 8 feet and dropped the eagle putt to tie Rambler's birdie net eagle (we played a team game switching every 6 holes, was really fun).

54 in a 4 man scramble. I played pleasantly well.

A garbage 90. But not playing for three weeks sure did show. Still battling the hooks when I don't play consistently

What a bummer today. Went 39-43 but I was at 35 on the back nine going in to the last hole! Thought j was gonna go the whole round without a blowup hole and apparently I saved it for the last hole with an 8!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 front 36 back. Very happy with round. Two penalty strokes.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Season best 88 for me. 43 on the front/45 on the back. Got my first birdie in a while and had 4 pars. Also had a couple legit shots at eagle for the first time I can ever remember. 1 triple at the end of the round but that was it.
2nd 9 I got a little wayward off the tee otherwise it would have been a lot better. 33 putts today with 7 1 putts (wedge game was solid). I was most happy with the fact that I didnt wilt on the back 9 like I did on Thursday after shooting a good front. First 4 holes on the back I was not playing well again and thought it was gonna happen, but I stuck a wedge shot within a couple inches of the hole to end up saving par on a hole. Then I finished with 2 more pars in the last 3 holes.

Played in a 2 person 6-6-6 tournament. First 6 holes best ball, second 6 holes alternate shot, final 6 holes scramble. We shot 67 which was good for a tie with 2 other teams at the top. Unfortunately, the scorecard playoff did not fall our way and we ended up 3rd as our only bogey on the day was the first random draw hole on the playoff. Had a great time and we won our entry fee back.

Scored a 9 on #18 to card a 41/44 85.
Played incredibly 'meh' today despite awesome iron play.

Shot a 110 today. Not terribly upset, because I made some dumb decisions that cost me some strokes. Putting was not great, but the real work needs to be with the wedges to keep from having to putt 20 footers constantly.

Heat/humidity was pretty tough and I wasn't so tough.:messed: Today the course won, 86 (43, 43)

Played a practice 9 last night in prep for a tournament this weekend and shot a 37. Chipping has been getting better and better and actually saved me today in the first round of the tournament today.

Shot 39/40-79 today. I was wild with everything but the chipping again today. I only hit 6 GIR but I had a couple of kick in birdies and a bunch of kick in pars to keep me from blowing up. Gotta find the swing again. Seems to have taken a vacation for a couple of weeks

42/41-83. Had a career best 26 putts (11 1-putts)! Even my misses were burning edges. Just one of those days where I felt so comfortable on the greens. Hit 9/14 fairways. Unfortunately my iron play and chipping was as bad as it's been all year. Had some OB's with irons in my hands and a few flubbed chips as well.

42/41-83. Had a career best 26 putts (11 1-putts)! Even my misses were burning edges. Just one of those days where I felt so comfortable on the greens. Hit 9/14 fairways. Unfortunately my iron play and chipping was as bad as it's been all year. Had some OB's with irons in my hands and a few flubbed chips as well.

26 putts is awesome! Nice round

86 at the wolf at Paiute. Wind was crazy. One hole I hit my 6 iron 225 next hole it goes 135 both well struck. Liked it way better than wolf creek. I was pleasantly surprised.

82. The story of the round is defined by the first 15...and the last 3. A tidy +6 through 15 was quickly washed away by +4 through the final 3. My ball striking was really solid today. Woulda been nice to roll in a few putts but the greens were a bit beat up around the cup this afternoon and the ball was moving kinda funny.

92 for me. I hope that I didn't use all of good shots up today because we have 36 lined up fur tomorrow.

Played at the Quarry this afternoon, and my brother in laws decided we play the tips at 7086 yards. Nonsense I say!!! That course is tough enough. Ended up play overly well where every thing seemed to click. Went 9/14 on fairways. I'll take it on those narrow landing zones. Putted okay, as I was working on a new stroke this week. Had 32 putts. Went 44/38 on the day.

114 last Saturday after a few weeks off (apparenlty I forgot how to swing).

45 on 9 holes yesterday after a week or more of range time to get back on track.

Played at the Quarry this afternoon, and my brother in laws decided we play the tips at 7086 yards. Nonsense I say!!! That course is tough enough. Ended up play overly well where every thing seemed to click. Went 9/14 on fairways. I'll take it on those narrow landing zones. Putted okay, as I was working on a new stroke this week. Had 32 putts. Went 44/38 on the day.

I'm playing the Quarry tomorrow! How was the condition?

I'm playing the Quarry tomorrow! How was the condition?

A little wet, greens need to be cut a tad, and deep rough. Very uncommon for the greens to be slow.

43/39 for 82. Final golf league match of the season and I won 9 holes to 4 while we tied 5 holes. Iron game was not good, but made up for it with terrific short game. 7 scrambles for par and two of those were sand saves. Loving the PM Grind Wedge!

9 FWY, 4 GIR, 29 putts (no 3-putts), 1 penalty
11 pars, 4 bogeys, 3 doubles

Finally put together a good round 39/38 with a birdie, the CURE RXi is growing on me. No 3 putts all morning, misses were either on the lip or burning edges.

46/41 87
far 7
Gir 4
putts 30
two birds

38 - 39 - 77. 2 birdies and nothing above bogey. Driver and putter were a little off today. Two 3 putts and several missed fairways.

Progress! Played in a 4 man team event at Icey's course with Rambler and Mulligan filling out the group. Had a few struggles, but I had a number of shots I was really happy with, and I didn't feel like there was a black cloud hanging over my tee game. I feel I got some swagger back. Of course, I hit some of my best drives in awhile only to be 60 yards behind Tony, but man it feels like I'm coming out of a fog the way I feel about golf. No idea what my overall score was, but I hit enough good shots that I'm really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back