How old where you when you had the best year of your career?

How old where you when you had the best year of your career?

• Total voters

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
I am pushing 40 and but still think I have some of my best scoring years ahead of me. Maybe I am slow but I feel I am finally starting to understand the nuance of scoring vs. just smacking the ball around the course. With that said I can't play everyday like I did back in college so I will likely never get back to the 7 handi I once had. Have you peaked or is there still time? How old were you when you played your best golf?

I need a "TBD" option, because I think I'm still getting better too.

I need a "TBD" option, because I think I'm still getting better too.

What was you age during your best year so far? Other than glass half full optimism are that signs that point to things improving?

Im 37 and index wise this is as low as its been since I started keeping track

17... It's been awhile

Definitely still getting better and have my best scoring years ahead of me, but for now I think either this year or last year has been my best average scoring year. I scored really well at the end of the season a couple of years ago, but the beginning of the year wasn't great and still had a few scores in the 90's and a decent amount high 80's to start. I don't believe I've shot into the 90's in well over a year now and my highest score this year I think has been around an 86. Still improving with my game, but so far it's one of those two years. So - 28/29.

This year, was my best year ever.

I'm 36 and this is probably my best year ever. My best single round to date came when I was 34. I'm with you in thinking that I can still get better though.

37/38, which was last year. Lowest cap I've carried for any extended period of time. I'm working my way back down, but probably won't get there until winter or early next year.

3-4 years ago I was playing my best....but hoping the best is still ahead of me. Definitely smarter getting myself around the course these days...more a matter of execution.

I just turned 54 and I'm playing the best consistent golf of my life. Mid single hdcp. I shot my PB's in my 30's, but I am way more consistent now and I'm not nearly as long as I was. I think your comment about knowing how to score now is key. Sound course management is an important part of scoring, especially on your off days. Ego is another obstacle to overcome. I'm not embarrassed to take 2 extra clubs when my stuff isn't on.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

So far this year I shooting the lowest scores and playing best golf. While I wish I have my old distance I’m not complaining.

32... and that is this year.

I'm 57 and my lowest index was probably 10 years ago although my lowest rounds, a 65 and 66, were over the past year. So who knows.

I'm 30 now and this year had been my best year as far as shooting a PB and the lowest my cap has been.

29 and this year has been my best so far....

I'm 47 now and last year was probably my best since I started up again at 40 after 20 year hiatus. I've played much less this year and essentially zero practice and it shows. Short game is a little scruffy but my driving has improved. Putting still dreadful.

My game hit a place in my late 20s where I was playing my best, but it only lasted a couple weeks before I got too busy with work.

My cap is close to the lowest it has been, and I feel like I am really close to hitting that level again. My full swing isn't as good as I close in on 40, but my short game is the best it has ever been. Some refinements and I will start scaring singledigits.

I was 31. I'm 33 now. I had a decent year but a little too inconsistent for my liking. I've been playing the best golf of my life the last 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

26-35 for me so far. But I turn 36 next week and feel like my best golf is ahead of me still. Will hit my lowest handicap ever in 2 days.

When I was 24/25/26 I was scoring my best.

Looking at how this year is finishing and changes and work that I have done this past year I'm confident next year will be my best year.

I'm 38 and this year has been my best scoring year yet. I didn't play a ton when I was younger, just enough to say "I golf." Now that I'm playing and practicing on a weekly basis, my scores and cap have been consistently, albeit slowly, dropping.

I think the last 2 years I have been playing some good golf, but I think the best is coming soon

My best stretch was 28-29,I carried a plus handicap and played some very inspired golf.

best golf was when I was 30 or so, so about 20 years ago. Had some nice Mizuno silver cup clubs and had a good 5 or 6 year stretch of golfing a lot an was around 80 consistently. Then kids came, worked more played golf 2-5 times a year for 20 years and game went into the dumpster. This year back at it and I am determined that my best years are still to come.

Back