2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, a bit of extra motivation is in the cards so I am going to do this right. I know I have 48 points to use per day based on my current weight.

Questions for people on WW, do you divide the points up into any specific manner to help normalize the change? Meaning, do you save more of the points for the evening? Do you balance them between multiple meals? Do you try to use points by a certain time?
I found I spent most of my points on dinner, so breakfast would be about 1/4, lunch would be about there, and dinner would be a little under half. The workout points are also nice because if I messed up and overate for breakfast or lunch I could work out and still enjoy dinner.

I have done it both ways, save it for the night, and blow it all on good lunch. Honestly I cant tell a difference. I get 41 points, and right now after dinner I still have 15 left today. With that I will be having 100 calorie microwave popcorn bag, with white cheddar powder (3 points), a WW ice cream sandwich 4 points and possibly a thing of yogurt (2 points for the kind GG got). So I will not use them all today, but be totally satisfied.

I have to save a few (even if its 2) for later at night, when I know I need something (past 8:15pm), usually its just a yogurt or something small.

Alright, a bit of extra motivation is in the cards so I am going to do this right. I know I have 48 points to use per day based on my current weight.

Questions for people on WW, do you divide the points up into any specific manner to help normalize the change? Meaning, do you save more of the points for the evening? Do you balance them between multiple meals? Do you try to use points by a certain time?

I am making sure to save at least 2 points after dinner for something sweet. I am using that to eat 1 sugar free fudgesicle and 1 sugar free creamsicle.

Because I love fruit and it's 0 points, I have been adding some fruit with breakfast and usually an apple and cheese stick as a snack. That is a total of 2 points (for the cheese stick). We also just picked up some popcorn and flavoring (see picture below), the seasoning is 0 points and the 100 calorie popcorn is only 3 points. They are great snacks.

I have also discovered all white meat turkey dogs, the ballpark brand ones are only 1 point per dog. I add some spicy mustard and sauerkraut to 2 dogs and it's only 2 points! I added a side salad with some light dressing and a few croutons and that total meal is only 5 pts.

Lean cuisine meals have points written right on the box, and all 100 calorie yoplait greek yogurts are 2 points, and they are also a fantastic snack.

I realize now this is not what you asked at all, but felt like sharing.

To answer your question, I spread my points out throughout the day, making sure I have points for a snack or 2 and definitely a popsicle or yogurt for dessert later.

k2-_9309389c-8929-4ae7-b025-174a59072573.v1.jpg

I am making sure to save at least 2 points after dinner for something sweet. I am using that to eat 1 sugar free fudgesicle and 1 sugar free creamsicle.

Because I love fruit and it's 0 points, I have been adding some fruit with breakfast and usually an apple and cheese stick as a snack. That is a total of 2 points (for the cheese stick). We also just picked up some popcorn and flavoring (see picture below), the seasoning is 0 points and the 100 calorie popcorn is only 3 points. They are great snacks.

I have also discovered all white meat turkey dogs, the ballpark brand ones are only 1 point per dog. I add some spicy mustard and sauerkraut to 2 dogs and it's only 2 points! I added a side salad with some light dressing and a few croutons and that total meal is only 5 pts.

Lean cuisine meals have points written right on the box, and all 100 calorie yoplait greek yogurts are 2 points, and they are also a fantastic snack.

I realize now this is not what you asked at all, but felt like sharing.

To answer your question, I spread my points out throughout the day, making sure I have points for a snack or 2 and definitely a popsicle or yogurt for dessert later.

k2-_9309389c-8929-4ae7-b025-174a59072573.v1.jpg

No, share as much as possible. I have been putting this off for far too long so any info to help make this the new normal in my life is appreciated.

One thing I had to teach myself very quickly was what to snack on. In the past it was cookies, ice cream and chips. It can still be those in small doses, but instead the 100 calorie popcorn (which is plenty) with the powdered cheese has been huge (only 3 points to 12 for a small bag of chips). Or the yogurt GG mentions (the APple pie one is really good) instead of cookies (2 points instead of 14 points).

I have not been hungry and 4 days in dont have a single craving that I am missing something. This involved eating out at BJs brewhouse with a buddy for lunch, etc

Fup,
One more thing. The app I told you about, works really well. Yes there are many apps that work well, but this one is for this system and its really really fast. The one thing I noticed for me was it is weird scanning things at a grocery store, but it was amazing how bad a few things I liked were, and how totally fine another item was.

No, share as much as possible. I have been putting this off for far too long so any info to help make this the new normal in my life is appreciated.

Oatmeal with almond milk is also a good breakfast option and is only like 5 points, and if you take a super ripe banana and mash it in there it naturally sweetens it and adds no points. You can also add some cinnamon to that if you like and even unsweetened cocoa powder.

The Jimmy Dean Delights breakfast sandwiches are 6 pts and they are very good. Add an apple or some other piece of fruit and you are set for breakfast.

JB and I made tuna melts last night and they were only 7 pts. That is 1 full 5oz can of tuna, 1 TBLS light mayo, some celery salt, some onion and pepper. Put between 2 slices of the pepperidge farm light wheat bread (warning these slices are smaller than normal bread, JB made 2 sandwiches, I just made one) and 1 piece of full fat american cheese. I added a salad to that and my entire dinner was 10 points.

Progresso light soups have the WW points right on the cans which is also helpful.

I also mentioned this website before, but she tells you all the points per portion and I have had great success with her recipes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/recipe-index.html.

Have more questions, ask away. I can say after 4 days I have lost 1lb, which is a huge accomplishment for me because losing weight is super hard for me. And I haven't been hungry at all, nor have I felt deprived of anything.

Also, if you need a quick meal don't count out Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones. The points are right on the box and the no preservative options aren't bad tasting at all.

I'm down 70 pounds since last January from 280 to 209.

Remember, breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food. You can have a steak and a sweet potato. If you want to drop weight fast and learn how to eat better check this site out http://whole30.com. My wife and I have lost 150 pounds between the two of us. It will change your life. The best part about this plan is you can eat until your full and no counting calories.

Alright, starting weight is 241.1. Goal is to be 200 by January 15.

You really should check out the site I posted. Counting points is fine if you want to do that the rest of your life. You need to learn to eat healthy in a realistic maintainable fashion. That's why most dieters gain the weight back. The whole 30 isn't a diet. It teaches you how to have a healthy relationship with food. If you're snacking often, it usually means you're not eating enough healthy, nutrient dense foods.

Excited for you brother.

You really should check out the site I posted. Counting points is fine if you want to do that the rest of your life. You need to learn to eat healthy in a realistic maintainable fashion. That's why most dieters gain the weight back. The whole 30 isn't a diet. It teaches you how to have a healthy relationship with food. If you're snacking often, it usually means you're not eating enough healthy, nutrient dense foods.

Not everybody wants to go with a choice similar to Paleo, which also has a very high failure rate. I believe the Whole 30 eliminates all sugar, not just refined like Paleo. Although I think its great you have had awesome success.

Last edited:
A couple days off our detox and I've gained a few pounds back. At this point I have to think its water weight because the only thing that has changed was added salt. We've stayed away from most meat and dairy this week. Pretty sure I've kicked soda and fast food for good. At least the "desire" to go constantly. I'll still be hitting up the good food joints on trips and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excited for you brother.

Not everybody wants to go with a choice similar to Paleo, which also has a very high failure rate. I believe the Whole 30 eliminates all sugar, not just refined like Paleo. Although I think its great you have had awesome success.
It eliminates ADDED sugar for 30 days to normalize your insulin levels. It also makes you realize how much added sugar is in stuff you never dreamed had sugar by forcing you to read labels. You don't eat like that forever. That's not sustainable. The 30 days is to help you find out what foods that make you feel bad, as you slowly introduce them after. Whole 30 is not paleo. Check out the site before you shoot it down.

It eliminates the sugar for 30 days to normalize your insulin levels. It also makes you realize how much added sugar is in stuff you never dreamed had sugar by forcing you to read labels. You don't eat like that forever. That's not sustainable. The 30 days is to help you find out what foods sleep you feel bad, as you slowly introduce them after. Whole 30 is not paleo. Check out the site before you shoot it down.

I have not only checked out the site, but watched quite a few videos, read many reviews, etc. I never said it was Paleo. I said it was similar, and so many articles and reviews label it as such. I also did not say that you eliminated all sugar forever. If you read over this section, you will see that I just completed the Fed Up Challenge and am open to all kinds of ways to better my life personally. However its important to remember that what is good for one, is not a solution for all.

Some are sharing positive experiences using a different method, there is no reason to shoot them down because its not the same. Fupresti decided to start one, along with a few of us and set a goal for himself. We are going to root for him regardless of what method he wants to choose. I think its great that you found a solution that is working for you.

I have not only checked out the site, but watched quite a few videos, read many reviews, etc. I never said it was Paleo. I said it was similar, and so many articles and reviews label it as such. I also did not say that you eliminated all sugar forever. If you read over this section, you will see that I just completed the Fed Up Challenge and am open to all kinds of ways to better my life personally. However its important to remember that what is good for one, is not a solution for all.

Some are sharing positive experiences using a different method, there is no reason to shoot them down because its not the same. Fupresti decided to start one, along with a few of us and set a goal for himself. We are going to root for him regardless of what method he wants to choose. I think its great that you found a solution that is working for you.
I'm not challenging you. I'm just offering a solution that provides education along with eating better. I hope he succeeds regardless the method.

Must give up beer. Must stick to diet. Must turn lead into gold.

I like it Fupy! Let's do this dude. I'm starting at 242 according to the scale this morning. 200 is a stretch goal I'm looking for 210. January 1

I like it Fupy! Let's do this dude. I'm starting at 242 according to the scale this morning. 200 is a stretch goal I'm looking for 210. January 1

You can dooooooooooooo it!

I have faith.

206.9 this morning for me, that's a hair over 5 lbs. But, I got a late start tot he day so I know that played a role with the scales.

1800 calories is a good spot for me, I never feel hungry and I'm making much better choices. Still crave some things, but that will happen. Working out 5 days a week as well, its either jogging or carrying on the course, love it because I got in a nasty habit of grabbing a cart every single round for a while because they weren't charging me for it, needed to stop that ****.

Thats awesome dude.

You can dooooooooooooo it!

I have faith.

206.9 this morning for me, that's a hair over 5 lbs. But, I got a late start tot he day so I know that played a role with the scales.

1800 calories is a good spot for me, I never feel hungry and I'm making much better choices. Still crave some things, but that will happen. Working out 5 days a week as well, its either jogging or carrying on the course, love it because I got in a nasty habit of grabbing a cart every single round for a while because they weren't charging me for it, needed to stop that ****.
Thanks buddy, I spoke with a trainer this morning. I need an outside source to kick my ass. I told him the line of work I was in. He said that's nice, but that doesn't count for exercise. He said your body is used to physical exertion, so I shouldn't mind getting crushed by his training plan. Hahaha oh crap what did I do!

Thanks buddy, I spoke with a trainer this morning. I need an outside source to kick my ass. I told him the line of work I was in. He said that's nice, but that doesn't count for exercise. He said your body is used to physical exertion, so I shouldn't mind getting crushed by his training plan. Hahaha oh crap what did I do!

Hmmm. I think there are a whole lot of athletes that would disagree with that thought, right?
Why are runners so thin? Wouldnt their body get used to the exertion?

Hmmm. I think there are a whole lot of athletes that would disagree with that thought, right?
Why are runners so thin? Wouldnt their body get used to the exertion?
Genetics play a huge role, but you know as well as many, just being around professional athletes, that their diets are on point. Right down to the very last calorie, for many.

I think the idea that our body gets used to exertion pertains to the idea that to lose weight or get healthier, activity levels and diets have to be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back