Soooooooo this just happened... (OMG)

EaglevsFalcon

Reaction score
Handicap
3.4 GHIN
b3c06db317c4bf8f374202382c074899.jpg

So I get to my last job in Aspen, and while prepping the rug I'm cleaning, I look up and see the Claret Jug and The Havermeyer trophy! My jaw hit the floor and I start looking at all the names engraved it them.

Im pretty much losing mind and now wondering who the homeowner is (the property manager is my contact) who would have both of these gems in his dining room.

Next thing I know, Justin Leonard comes walking in the door. I immediately introduce myself and start going on about how those two beauties are the coolest items I've ever seen in a house I was working in and ask if I could take a picture of them. He counters my proposal with,

"Well, do you want to get the two of us in the picture with them?"

Um, yeah!!!

I wasnt expecting much more than to stand next to them on the shelf. But he ups the ante even more and hands me the Claret Jug!!! I'm holding the freaking Claret Jug!!!

Ive pretty much completely lost my mind at that point but held it together enough to express my total gratitude for his awesome gesture.

Whether he knows it or not, he made a fan out of me.

I can die now.

Last edited:
Very, cool. So I'm assuming it was Justin's house?

That's incredible.

That is effing awesome!

That is awesome!!

Wow that is so freaking cool

That would have been quite the sight. So cool!

That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

But EvF you just jinxed your chances of every winning The Open. ;)

Pretty freaking sweet!

Wow, that is truly incredible.

Very very cool.

Now thats rad, what a cool thing for him to do. My best friend did that same job for years in Estes Park, some of the homes he worked in are incredible.

Holy crap! Yeah, that's awesome.

That's awesome!

Today was your lucky day!

Wow! Now that is cool!

OMG. Thst is so cool. Thanks for posting the pic. Pretty fantastic of Justin to let you hold such a special trophy of his.

Wow that is absolutely incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So excited for you! That obviously something that any golfer would love to experience and I'm glad it happened for you.

Duuuuude! that's awesome!

That is pretty awesome!

That is freaking awesome. Congrats

How awesome is that? That pic should be your avatar/cover photo in every social media outlet!

Back