CBS Didn't Renew Feherty's Contract

Great guy who will find work soon. I had him MC a "non-charity" event here in his hood last year. He is very pricey for an evening of yucks, the pay-off was worth it however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy Feherty......even more than McCord. Fox displayed so much potential this year that I almost hope he ends up there. I wonder about NBC though since there is a relationship between NBC and Golf Channel, but I know nothing about how these things work.

JM

Possible that he wants to spend more time in "the booth" than out on the course. A great talent IMO, it would be a disservice to golf broadcasting if no other network picks him up.
NBC...listening?

Feherty is the best golf commentator IMO. CBS is pretty dumb to let him go assuming he isn't asking for ridiculous amount.

I'm with jrod and jb. feherty is branding himself in a way that none of the other commentators is, and he therefore can command a higher price. to me, he can be feherty regardless of the crew he works with, so he can very likely fit seamlessly anywhere. I wish nothing but the best for him, and I know he'll land somewhere soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I feel like CBS was using him wrong anyways. He's too good to be on the course. He should be in the booth with coverage of every group. Not just the last group off

I hate to see Feherty leave CBS, but if Fox isn't afraid to spend a bunch of money so if NBC doesn't sign him soon I bet we will see him on Fox.

I enjoy his commentary,and they keep McCord awesome move CBS.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Sad. He is my favorite golf announcer. I hope he is back in a starring role with NBC or Fox soon.

I think CBS is making a big mistake with this. Feherty is what golf needs, someone with personality. He is going to be in town this week for a live show, I'm really bummed I won't be around to go. I actually thought about pushing my vacation back a day to go to it.

Odd move, must be something behind scenes going on

Horrible move IMO. I love listening to and watching Feherty!

Im going to be honest here and say I enjoy Feherty and he was so nice to Morgan during her trip to work with him.
However let's not think that golfers literally tune in to a tournament because he is on call.
His price tag is high and this does not surprise me at all.

I dunno, my wife, a pretty much non-golfer, loves it when I watch tournaments with Feherty.

I absolutely love his on-course commentary and his post-round interviews. His commentary is genius and far too many one liners come to mind with him.

I dont understand how McCord is still on air though....

CBS Didn't Renew Feherty's Contract

One thing I found interesting. I was sitting at hole 15 green most of the day Saturday for the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone, and Feherty got louder cheers than any golfer or group out there. Wasn't expecting that. Obviously crowds weren't following him around the course, but when he walked up to 15 green everyone was roaring his name. He kind of just turned to the pavilion and acknowledged the crowd with a modest shrug, like he was a little embarrassed.

Mccord still works there? Total disagreement with this one

McCord has gotten so bad with trying to make a clever or witty one liner in every damn sentence out of his mouth. I just want to turn the volume down. He ruins golf for me on TV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I dunno, my wife, a pretty much non-golfer, loves it when I watch tournaments with Feherty.

Does she tune in to tournaments without you because Feherty is on?
Sadly, ratings dont chnage by announce crews, otherwise Miller wouldnt still be on the air.

Yea, I like Feherty, but I can't think of a single sporting event, golf or otherwise, that my decision whether to tune in or not is determined by a commentator.

I expect the decision was made purely on economics. He wanted more than they were willing to pay for the role they had him playing. I hope NBC picks him up and gives him something more than just an on course commentator.

I'm sure he will land on his feet. Not sure what all the fuss is about

I played golf with gentlemen who handles all NBC sports talent negations. During the round we talked about Feherty and Nbc only had Feherty for cable and CBS had him for network. Nbc wants Feherty for both.

Hopefully NBC picks him up period.

I'm sure he will land on his feet. Not sure what all the fuss is about
I'm sure we all agree he will be fine and we definitely don't need to start a go fund me account for him.

I think most of the displeasure is CBS has the rights for the majority of the golf season and it's just that everyone is accustomed to seeing him on those broadcasts, IMO.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back