What would you pay for a swing aid that trained you to hit it straight?

You're saying if you learned to be consistent, golf might not be fun? Interesting
Not really what I'm trying to say.

If anyone could spend say $1000 and never mishit another ball Scratch golf would be the new Bogey golf wouldn't it?
I'm just wondering out loud if that would take some of the lustre or accomplishment out of shooting even par or better.

I know that's not really what you were asking here, apologies.

Give it to me straight, have you developed (or are in process of developing) this device and just doing market research?

I want one. I'm all in. I think price and time would be an inverse relationship, so the higher the price, the less time I'd expect to have to spend with it to groove it... or the lower the price, the more time I'd expect to have to invest to get results.

Gut says up to the $250-500 range, but if it really worked I'd be hard pressed to resist a higher price.

Nothing...straight is boring. I would consider sub iron set figures.

I would pay thousands and hope my kids enjoy attending community college.

My man Freddie, that is a TOUGH question!

I've worked extremely hard on my game for years. To have the idea that I could resolve what I have been grinding for years is almost shattering to me. The allure of golf to me is about trying to find that "it" moment every time I head out there. To know that it's readily available almost ruins the entire concept of the game for me.

Total buy in, I don't know that I'd pay much. I might even take up bowling if something like that comes to be!

I pay much much more right now for something that would get me consistent contact. I honestly hit it pretty darn straight right now but struggle with chunks and thins the most. Id dish out a fair amount haha

You're saying if you learned to be consistent, golf might not be fun? Interesting
I know. I started a thread about being content with your golf game and the vast majority said they'd never be content, that they'd always be looking toward the next thing.

To the original question, I would be willing to pay at least as much as I've spent on a lesson series.

Have to agree with Canadan on this one. Golf (as we all know) is that ONE sport that truly levels the field in my opinion. To have a device that would (could) take anyone to the single digits would then take the challenge out of it. If the device worked on short your short game, too...it would make it hard to want to play. Could you imagine everyone as a single digit player? It would come down to putting/line reading on the green, best green reader wins!
With that said, to answer your question? It SHOULD be worth thousands, but $499 would be the sweet spot in my mind.

I give up, Freddie. What do you charge for lessons?:alien:

My man Freddie, that is a TOUGH question!

I've worked extremely hard on my game for years. To have the idea that I could resolve what I have been grinding for years is almost shattering to me. The allure of golf to me is about trying to find that "it" moment every time I head out there. To know that it's readily available almost ruins the entire concept of the game for me.

Total buy in, I don't know that I'd pay much. I might even take up bowling if something like that comes to be!
You're 2 shots aside from playing on the tour, youre 3 aside from being one of the best. I would expect this answer from you. You've grooved your game, as have I. And a device as this might undo that magic.

Trust me I see where you're coming from. But look through the swing tip forum. How many could use something like this? from where I sit, a great many.

Have to agree with Canadan on this one. Golf (as we all know) is that ONE sport that truly levels the field in my opinion. To have a device that would (could) take anyone to the single digits would then take the challenge out of it. If the device worked on short your short game, too...it would make it hard to want to play. Could you imagine everyone as a single digit player? It would come down to putting/line reading on the green, best green reader wins!
With that said, to answer your question? It SHOULD be worth thousands, but $499 would be the sweet spot in my mind.
I could teach you to not miss from the foul line, that doesn't make you a pro. Learning to hit it straight, draw or fade on command is part of the equation. It doesn't create single digit caps. That take practice, both mental and physical.

I could teach you to not miss from the foul line, that doesn't make you a pro. Learning to hit it straight, draw or fade on command is part of the equation. It doesn't create single digit caps. That take practice, both mental and physical.
I agree! I'm just saying, if the product made everyone who used and practice it so good they could hit it straight, draw or fade on command, where would that leave us?
I'm not trying to say that wouldn't be a good thing, but if you took the challenge out of the game, what's left?

Sign me up, do you take pre-orders? lol

I agree! I'm just saying, if the product made everyone who used and practice it so good they could hit it straight, draw or fade on command, where would that leave us?
I'm not trying to say that wouldn't be a good thing, but if you took the challenge out of the game, what's left?
The pros don't hit but 4 maybe 5 perfect balls a riund. They still seem to be having fun. I promise most would still enjoy the game

Faster rounds, more money for equipment (less spent on lessons), fewer lost golf balls, more time with the family and less time at the range...

The pros don't hit but 4 maybe 5 perfect balls a riund. They still seem to be having fun. I promise most would still enjoy the game
Maybe I'm taking your post to literal? I was thinking the product would basically make it so anyone who uses it would be able to hit just about every fairway or green they see. Since they would hit it straight, draw or fade on command. As long as they practice well enough. It would make most golfers almost Tour level good, say minus short game.

Faster rounds, more money for equipment (less spent on lessons), fewer lost golf balls, more time with the family and less time at the range...
Those are all positives, I agree...but...everyone would be basically the same level, and there would be no parity anymore, no major challenge anymore. Is there fun playing a game you've mastered? I don't play old video games (remember Contra? lol) I've beat.

It would be an interesting device for sure, I spent an hour with David Wheeler yesterday and he got me back into better positions and told me almost word for word what you told me in Savannah.

Today was a mess trying to get into those positions without his guidance, some very good shots but more not so great. So for me personally I would rather pay a person to talk with me and help my brain play better golf than buy a tool that could not fix the biggest issues of age and that gap between the ears.

Those are all positives, I agree...but...everyone would be basically the same level, and there would be no parity anymore, no major challenge anymore. Is there fun playing a game you've mastered? I don't play old video games (remember Contra? lol) I've beat.
People would still hit it different distances, have varying course management skills (let's face it, most don't course manage at all) and have to pitch, chip and putt. I think we'd see a tighter dispersion of scores - maybe the average men's handicap drops 5 points or something - but skill and work ethic would still win out.

I paid zero buddy. I know for sure there is nothing out there to help me hit it straight even 50% of the time.

Maybe I'm taking your post to literal? I was thinking the product would basically make it so anyone who uses it would be able to hit just about every fairway or green they see. Since they would hit it straight, draw or fade on command. As long as they practice well enough. It would make most golfers almost Tour level good, say minus short game.
There is more to hitting greens than straight. I'm not sure why your taking such an extreme stance. I was asked simple question. Not what would you pay to be scratch. Even if people learned through a device to hit straight, it doesn't guarantee they learn to score, judge distance. Also for everyone to be equal with such a device everyone would have to expend the same amount of practice energy. That will never happen.

There is more to hitting greens than straight. I'm not sure why your taking such an extreme stance. I was asked simple question. Not what would you pay to be scratch. Even if people learned through a device to hit straight, it doesn't guarantee they learn to score, judge distance. Also for everyone to be equal with such a device everyone would have to expend the same amount of practice energy. That will never happen.

We're nit picking.

I'm just saying, although it would be good for the average golfer, I feel the challenge of the game would be made less and that's part of what I love about this game.
To have a device that would make the game SO much easier that's it's maybe TO easy.

Just re quoting to get back on track
Lets pretend for a minute that such a device exist. Let pretend that this device could build muscle memory with any swing and the end result would be a straight ball. What if this device could train you to hit a draw or fade on command. Is this a devise you would be interested in? How much would you pay for a ball that remains in play and knocks strokes off your handicap? If such a device existed, would it be worth the time and money to really improve your game?

What is a much improved golf game worth these days?

Back