Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering this set up & how to convince my wife that I need it.

e506180b9fff64a9ee6cde51eb926937.jpg

Those are sweet headcovers.

Probably overthinking this, but I'm considering swapping the XR 3W for the XR Pro 4W to change the gapping to 12.5-16-19 for my GBB, FW and hybrid.

Probably overthinking this, but I'm considering swapping the XR 3W for the XR Pro 4W to change the gapping to 12.5-16-19 for my GBB, FW and hybrid.
The way manufacturers are throwing around weight and center of gravity I'm paying less and less attention to degrees of loft and more and more to actual launch angle, carry and total distances. So if it were me, I'd take my existing driver, FW and hybrids to try out on a launch monitor with the XR Pro 4W to see what the numbers tell me and whether or not I'm covering the gaps. But then, I'm the guy that wants to see all the data before pulling the trigger.

Pondering graphite shafts in whatever my next iron set is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, at the moment I'm happy with my collection haha. I'm going to have to live through all of you for a while

LOTS of tremendous iron options out there right now.

True statement! Not a bad iron out there! Fitting more important than ever these days.

Going to be hitting quite a few of the new options out there tomorrow. On the short list includes the following ponders:

Callaway 816 DBD
Cobra King LTD
Cobra King F6+
Callaway Apex CF16
Cobra King Forged
Wilson/Staff C200

Disregard the earlier ponder. I'm considering swapping out the 3H for a GBB Heavenwood.

Pondering dropping the 5deep, staying with the Heavenwood, and adding a Divine Nine or 3 hybrid.

Need to get somewhere that I can figure out the yardages and see what the gapping is like.

Going to be hitting quite a few of the new options out there tomorrow. On the short list includes the following ponders:

Callaway 816 DBD
Cobra King LTD
Cobra King F6+
Callaway Apex CF16
Cobra King Forged
Wilson/Staff C200

I boldly predict LTD takes the crown. Just because I can.

Mashie F3 acquired.

F5, you're next

Absolutely. Fitter at Golfsmith recommended I consider graphite in a few lines based on my swing speed and peak height. Headed back to hit done more this week, but the C200 and XR OS were really fun to hit.

I've got the same ponder. I've never had graphite long term, and the tech is definitely there now.

Mashie F3 acquired.

F5, you're next

The mashies are such fun clubs and at those prices has me pondering getting one again.

I've got the same ponder. I've never had graphite long term, and the tech is definitely there now.

Ive only messed with them on the range and I like what I see. I was tempted to do recoils in my apex cf16 but chose similar weight options with pxi to save a few hundred. But I can for see graphite in my near future

Finishes on my custom Lajosi.. It's driving me insane!

Finishes on my custom Lajosi.. It's driving me insane!

I know how you feel. That was one of the hardest decisions to make. He has so many great options. I think the solution is just to eventually order more than one putter from him!

None of these are must haves but they're on the brain right now.

Odyssey blade cover
Bushnell Tour X
Super Stroke Flatso Ultra for the Works 7

Ive only messed with them on the range and I like what I see. I was tempted to do recoils in my apex cf16 but chose similar weight options with pxi to save a few hundred. But I can for see graphite in my near future

I really think that's my only sticking point. I like that 110g weight point, and when you go there in graphite things start to get pricey. But, it would not surprise me that next time if I get fitted and plan on playing a set of irons for a while that I end up w/ graphite in them.

Like those a lot. I do wish someone would start pushing numbers instead of an X or H on hybrid covers though.

Really likin this setup. Never really thought about the things you can mix and match with bags. Might have to start kicking my bag game up a notch!

I really think that's my only sticking point. I like that 110g weight point, and when you go there in graphite things start to get pricey. But, it would not surprise me that next time if I get fitted and plan on playing a set of irons for a while that I end up w/ graphite in them.

Thats the weight range I'm trying to stay in too. Im hoping to plan better next time so that the cost isn't an issue.

Ive been rocking Recoil 110s for a few months and love them. I cant see going back to steel shafts at this point.

Ive been rocking Recoil 110s for a few months and love them. I cant see going back to steel shafts at this point.

Been rocking recoil 110's for almost two year and can't see going away from graphite regardless of the cost difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back