DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get us $75 deals out there at OA. $42 isn't bad at all!

$42.00- Every group needs a Lefty....Count me in....

Anyone played Tour 18 this year? Wondering if it was in good shape?

Anyone played Tour 18 this year? Wondering if it was in good shape?
I played it early this year as it was in good condition but we had a lot of rain so no surprise. I would never pay full price or anywhere near it for that course.

I played it early this year as it was in good condition but we had a lot of rain so no surprise. I would never pay full price or anywhere near it for that course.

I have NEVER paid full price to play golf and not going to start now.... I may have to leave work early and get out there one afternoon....

Darin and I are playing Runaway Bay in the morning. I have never played there.

Used to play it regularly. A buddy and I would drive up about 1/month. A few years ago, the bent was always in great shape. But, I haven't been there in probably 3 years. Fun course. Hope the conditions are decent. Pro is a super nice guy.

Used to play it regularly. A buddy and I would drive up about 1/month. A few years ago, the bent was always in great shape. But, I haven't been there in probably 3 years. Fun course. Hope the conditions are decent. Pro is a super nice guy.

I drove past it last Friday and from the HWY it looked like it was in good enough shape to venture out there.

I drove past it last Friday and from the HWY it looked like it was in good enough shape to venture out there.

1. Driver probably not the play. Right miss is better
2. Driver. Blind 2nd shot. But an open green. Club to the front or middle of the green. Don't go after the back pin
3. Long par 3
4. Tee shot down left side. May not need driver. If you hit D,you'll need to cut some corner or play a strong fade.
5. Long par 4. Has some elevation drop Driver down left side. Goofy green.
6. Driver,
7. Another long par 3. Always had trouble dialing in club selection.
8. Par 5. Driver can go through fw. Can reach in 2 with a good tee shot. Pond front right of green.
9. Good par 4. Right center of the tee.
10. Driver. left center.
11. Par 5. Might be able to reach in 2. But, narrow around green. Probably want to layup to a wedge number
12. Goofy par 4. Best play is to stay short of first bunker and hit a wedge in.
13. Little par 3
14. Nice views if there is water in the lake. Tee shot to right side.
15. Nothing special that I can remember
16. Tee shot to left side gives you more options on 2nd.
17. Par 5. Left side again. Narrow around green. Pond on front right. Layup needs to get past corner and stay short of pond. Hit layup to left side for more room.
18. Slightly narrower tee shot. Just pipe it down the middle. I think more club than normal is needed on approach. Left side off of tee and on approach is the better miss.

Hit 'em well!

Last minute but if anyone wants to join us in the morning at Runaway Bay, call the course and tell them to add yourself to our 8:06 tee time. We have room for one more now.

Runaway Bay 800.381.0734

Thanks for the notes Doug, they were spot on. Now if I just could have put the ball where you told me it might have worked out for me. The course was in decent shape. A couple of the greens were bad with crab grass all over them. Most of the greens had a few spots on then. It was raining this morning so they did not mow the fairways and they were a little tall. I did drive the green on 14. Missed the eagle but made the birdie. Also played the same ball all day. I don't remember the last time I did that.

Last edited:
I'm looking to play somewhere on Sat AM if anyone is interested. Need to be done by 2pm. Let me know!

I'm looking to play somewhere on Sat AM if anyone is interested. Need to be done by 2pm. Let me know!
I would be up for that.

I would be interested if it is not all the way to Prosper this time ;)

I would be interested if it is not all the way to Prosper this time ;)
Oh you were well past Prosper last time. The Bridges is almost Oklahoma.

You guys have fun this weekend. You might look at the Bridlewood up in Flower mound. I hear it's in fantastic shape right now.

Oh you were well past Prosper last time. The Bridges is almost Oklahoma.

Very true, but the company was well worth the trip!!

How did everyone do at the Pecan Valley event on Sunday?

Just played Bridlewood on Sunday and its in great shape even with the rain we got here Saturday. We played in a Wounded Warriors scramble and can't wait to go back and hit the course again.

How did everyone do at the Pecan Valley event on Sunday?

Eddie and I shot a 68, 4 strokes out of the money. I had a good front 9 and a terrible back. Eddie had some great pars on the back to keep us in it.

I had 2 birdies that stood up and won some skin money also.

How far are you from Wild Horse at Roboson Ranch?
Would you be able to get back in time from out there? They do not have anything on GolfNow for the morning, we would need to call and get a time. Only options I saw on GolfNow were Bridlewood or Coyote Ridge for about $75, and Westridge for about $64. I can try and get us on Eldorado, just kind of crapshoot getting an early Saturday time with all the men's regular groups that have standing times.

Eddie and I shot a 68, 4 strokes out of the money. I had a good front 9 and a terrible back. Eddie had some great pars on the back to keep us in it.

I had 2 birdies that stood up and won some skin money also.
I played like crap on the front and Cookie carried me for all 9 of those holes. I played much better for most of the back. But holes 15 and 16 are planted squarely in my head. I always screw those holes up severely.

Would you be able to get back in time from out there? They do not have anything on GolfNow for the morning, we would need to call and get a time. Only options I saw on GolfNow were Bridlewood or Coyote Ridge for about $75, and Westridge for about $64. I can try and get us on Eldorado, just kind of crapshoot getting an early Saturday time with all the men's regular groups that have standing times.

I saw 8:22am for $56 at Wildhorse. I'm for playing closer but was seeing how far away Kap was.

I saw 8:22am for $56 at Wildhorse. I'm for playing closer but was seeing how far away Kap was.

Becareful #9 is still playing as a par 3 as they are doing work on the water feature and wall. Kind of takes away from the experience right now. Also they are playing back 9 first so #9 is currently the finishing hole (18).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back