The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
Schedule has been released this morning.

Transactions for the season, so far, can be found here.

Coaching changes:
Spoiler

TeamOutgoing head coachIncoming head coachLast coaching position
Denver NuggetsMelvin HuntMichael MaloneSacramento Kings head coach (2013–2014)
Orlando MagicJames BorregoScott SkilesMilwaukee Bucks head coach (2008–2013)
Oklahoma City ThunderScott BrooksBilly DonovanFlorida Gators head coach (1996–2015)
New Orleans PelicansMonty WilliamsAlvin GentryGolden State Warriors associate head coach (2014–15)
Chicago BullsTom ThibodeauFred HoibergIowa State Cyclones head coach (2010–2015)

Opening Night (Tuesday, October 27):
Detroit @ Atlanta
Cleveland @ Chicago (TNT)
New Orleans @ Golden State (TNT)

Christmas:
New Orleans @ Miami (ESPN)
Chicago @ Oklahoma City (ABC)
Cleveland @ Golden State (ABC)
San Antonio @ Houston (ESPN)
LA Clippers @ LA Lakers (ESPN)

MLK Day (January 18):
Philadelphia @ New York
Utah @ Charlotte
Portland @ Washington
New Orleans @ Memphis (ESPN)
Chicago @ Detroit
Orlando @ Atlanta (NBA TV)
Brooklyn @ Toronto
Golden State @ Cleveland (TNT)
Boston @ Dallas
Houston @ LA Clippers (TNT)

JR Smith announced he will be back with the Cavs this year. I like the signing plus it was for less than his player option

Uhh, did the Cavs just sign Allen Iverson? That can't be real right. Someone just said they did

Uhh, did the Cavs just sign Allen Iverson? That can't be real right. Someone just said they did

If that was true it would be all over everything everywhere lol

If that was true it would be all over everything everywhere lol

That's what I figured haha. Someone showed me something that looked like a bleacher report article, but then I couldn't find anything on my own. So I was thinking fake...cause that would have been ALL over ESPN.

Derrick Rose being sued by women whos accusing him and 2 friends of drugging and gang raping her?? Wtf is with all these stories lol either pro athletes just rape everyone or something is wrong here. Does seem like an influx in reports tho

It popped up on fb is why i brought it up. Says it happened in 2013 but now the women (ex girlfriend ) is coming forward and officially filed a report. Said she was scared and embarrassed before. Very interesting

Last edited:
Best part of the Cavs starting their preseason schedule tonight? Early look at Lyle Legend Borver and the Hawks!

I wish Yahoo would stop with all the Clippers are looking for a championship or bust articles. They're still a couple seasons away from being serious contenders, especially after that choke job in the playoffs last year. Regardless, it's fun they're competitive and relevant. It's a long ways from when I was in high school and the Clippers game 5 do or die game (when the first round was only 5 games) against the Rockets wasn't even televised and the local news didn't even mentioned what happened until the last minute, as a throw away, lol. Excited for the season to start back up.

Lamar Odom reportedly was found unconscious in Nevada and is now in a coma.

Lamar Odom reportedly was found unconscious in Nevada and is now in a coma.
Hate to hear this and hope he gets well, but I can't for the life of me figure out why these athletes put themselfs in these situations.

Hate to hear this and hope he gets well, but I can't for the life of me figure out why these athletes put themselfs in these situations.
Well, he married a Kardashian, that could've done it. Sad story though, but its astounding the people that just throw their lives and talents away.

Well, he married a Kardashian, that could've done it. Sad story though, but its astounding the people that just throw their lives and talents away.
When I heard it, that's the first thing I thought. I'm mean Brucelyn is a by-product of all that. :)

I read he at the Bunny Ranch around 3pm when it happened. Doubt it would be anything self-inflicted or on purpose. At least you would think that would be the last place someone would go to purposely OD.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

At what point does the guy have to really look at himself in the mirror:

Sacramento Kings point guard Rajon Rondo acknowledged to Cowbell Kingdom that his relationship with head coach George Karl is off to a rocky start.
In a postgame interview after the Kings’ 107–100 preseason win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, Rondo said he has been enjoying getting to know his new teammates, but that his relationship with Karl hasn't been smooth.
“It’s not been going too well,” Rondo said. “We’ve gotten into some arguments in the last couple days. Hopefully we continue to talk and get better.”

I am DYING for the season to start. My NBA League Pass is all ready so I can watch all my Spurs games. #GoSpursGo

Seeing reports that Lamar Odom has passed away. Nothing confirmed from his family or the hospital yet but this is pretty sad. Everyone has their own demons. It's a shame when the demons win

Man thats crazy

Seeing reports that Lamar Odom has passed away. Nothing confirmed from his family or the hospital yet but this is pretty sad. Everyone has their own demons. It's a shame when the demons win

Reading the timeline he lost two close friends with the last few months. On top of that tumors are he never got over his youngest dying of SiD.

All of that weighed on him and pushed him over the edge

Reading the timeline he lost two close friends with the last few months. On top of that tumors are he never got over his youngest dying of SiD

His entire life has been one loss after another. From his mother to his father to his child and then friends and his marriage.

Prognosis for Lamar Odom is not good. Less than 50/50 at this point, and he is suffering from multiple organ failure. Drug addiction is a horrible, horrible affliction.

Word on the street is the Cavs pulled their 5 year $80M offer to Tristan Thompson once his qualifying offer expired.

I think season starts in 11 days, time to move on

Word on the street is the Cavs pulled their 5 year $80M offer to Tristan Thompson once his qualifying offer expired.

I think season starts in 11 days, time to move on

I'm ready to be done hearing about it. Just sign him for the qualifying offer and move him asap. This team is built to make another title run. The last thing they need is to cater to their 8th man who wants a max contract

Back