Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Exactly, I normally play +.50 and have been for years. But I wanted to listen to the fitter for once and go with his advice, it just did not work. Just a pain in the butt to wait for a week or so, but at least the Bridgestones have not sold yet so I can still play this weekend.

The one really shining thing here was the Orlando PGA SS, they were fantastic about the return and promised to try get the new ones back ASAP. I really liked the Fitter and believe he knows his Business, I am a weird person to fit off a mat and he did his best. I was really interested in the 110 stiff shaft and take the blame for that decision. With the return the new 4-AW & additional 58* MD3 cost me $64.00 extra

Just recieved a shipping update mine will be here tomorrow.

My new Apex irons just arrived in time for my rounds this weekend. I had them early on, but wanted to back to graphite, so ordered them up. Added the AW this time around, which is something I have not done in the past and I am pretty darn excited for to get them into play again.

My new Apex irons just arrived in time for my rounds this weekend. I had them early on, but wanted to back to graphite, so ordered them up. Added the AW this time around, which is something I have not done in the past and I am pretty darn excited for to get them into play again.

I think based on our conversations about the wedge game, you're going to like that move a lot.

Also, I know a LOT of guys locally who play the original Apex and the AW that comes along with it. Hoping to see a similarly positive experience with the new and improved.

I think based on our conversations about the wedge game, you're going to like that move a lot.

Also, I know a LOT of guys locally who play the original Apex and the AW that comes along with it. Hoping to see a similarly positive experience with the new and improved.

Yeah I dont swing full with my wedges if I can help it, but recently had been doing so with the 50* so decided to make the move. This will free me up to use a 55* for some utility and a PM grind of some loft for when its needed either in the sand or deep rough.

Just recieved mine today. 5-AW. They were waiting when I got home from golf. So last 9 holes with the XR PROS 34. They must really want to stay in the bag. Can't wait to swing the new toys.

Yeah I dont swing full with my wedges if I can help it, but recently had been doing so with the 50* so decided to make the move. This will free me up to use a 55* for some utility and a PM grind of some loft for when its needed either in the sand or deep rough.

I think you are going to really like that move. The option you mentioned sounds awesome, exactly why I have my wedges setup as they are. The OG AW is a great club for full swings, I can only imagine the new one will continue that trend. Can't wait to hear your review, especially after you played the Apex so much.

Did exact he same thing. First go round with Apex went 4-PW. Then added the AW a month or so later. This time 5 -AW. Did the same with XR Pro's. Love that AW on full shots from 115/120.

anyone else think these sound/feel "clickier" than the previous generation? although i didn't initially like the looks for the online pics, i was really impressed in person. truly a case of pictures not doing them justice, but the feel was a bit of a turn off for me as i really enjoyed the feel of the previous apex's.

anyone else think these sound/feel "clickier" than the previous generation? although i didn't initially like the looks for the online pics, i was really impressed in person. truly a case of pictures not doing them justice, but the feel was a bit of a turn off for me as i really enjoyed the feel of the previous apex's.
I went from Apex to XR Pros, td hey were clickier but I liked the distance and dispersion. Only having hit these indoors but to me it's more like a return to the softer feel. Time will tell. Just putting them in the bag tonight.

That wedge set up is exactly how i envision my own bag for the grandaddy. the AW being 50 opens the door to be creative

They probably will feel a little clickier. Thats the Cup Face

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Preview

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Preview

I have the AW in my current Apex set and love it. I am definitely wanting the CF version back in the bag this December.

My set showed up today. They look like they are going to send the ball FAAAAAAAAAR

My set showed up today. They look like they are going to send the ball FAAAAAAAAAR
Really like the looks of these. If the perform1/2 as good as they look I'll be happy but I expect they be superb. Going to try and hit some balls tomorrow with mine. First time on grass.

They are much clicker than originals...but still soft enough to know which of the face you are striking it...but the balls feel like they are exploding off of the face with these irons.

Yes. I hit a demo 6 at Golfsmith. Love the look, just can't get by the "feel." And yes, I know that is due to the cup face.

Check out the Cobra KING Forged TEC. They have the feel you're looking for with the CF16 distance gain.

I finally saw these in person at my local golf course/shop/huge outdoor range (Haggin Oaks - Sacramento, CA) and they looked noticeably smaller than my Apex 13's, especially the AW/PW/9, which I found interesting.

I didn't have time to test them out but will be back to do so soon. They had several sets, including one with Recoil 760 F3 that looked gorgeous.

The Apex Pro 16's are gorgeous too so I'll probably have to try those as well (but not ponder).

I'll be interested to hear the yardage or dispersion gains people experience as they get more reps with their new irons.

I'll be interested to hear the yardage or dispersion gains people experience as they get more reps with their new irons.
Only got to hit the 9 iron today. Very similar to the XRPRO in distance, maybe a half club longer, which I expected as they also have the CF. Ball flight a good bit higher which I wanted with the XP shaft. The feel is much softer than the XRPRO. Really want to see what the longer irons do in flight and distance. That's where these are supposed to shine.

Only got to hit the 9 iron today. Very similar to the XRPRO in distance, maybe a half club longer, which I expected as they also have the CF. Ball flight a good bit higher which I wanted with the XP shaft. The feel is much softer than the XRPRO. Really want to see what the longer irons do in flight and distance. That's where these are supposed to shine.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the longer irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding the 8, 9, pw, aw does not have the cup face in the apex 16 irons.... however the xrpro irons do..... I find that crazy, if the apex are half club longer without cup face... O.O

My understanding the 8, 9, pw, aw does not have the cup face in the apex 16 irons.... however the xrpro irons do..... I find that crazy, if the apex are half club longer without cup face... O.O
Yes you are correct. CF stops at 7I. I think the extra distance for me is the XP shaft. Launching higher and carrying that little bit longer. Played first round with them and I am impressed. Format of our tournament didn't let me get a lot of reps with them but the few long irons I hit where impressive. Launched a bit higher and dispersion was better the XRP. Will get to course this week and play around by myself and get them really dialed in. May have to order that 4I after all.

Back