The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Just ate dinner at one of my favorite pizza spots. In addition to the great name, they have a fantastic pie called "The Grandaddy." It tastes a lot like victory.

attachment.php

I hope you enjoyed it because that's as close as your coming to victory this time.

Just ate dinner at one of my favorite pizza spots. In addition to the great name, they have a fantastic pie called "The Grandaddy." It tastes a lot like victory.

attachment.php

Hideaway is awesome!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Is that Velardo there delivering the pies in the logo?
He must be delivering that victory...

What am I most excited about?

Its the ****ing Grandaddy of em all thats what I am excited about. Look around the landscape of golf and see if something like this exists. I know THP has in some ways spoiled Albatross Club Members with forum testing, contests, events that are incredible and even meeting people behind the scenes at companies. With all of that, it still doesnt take the luster off of the ****ing Grandaddy.

I get excited about a lot of things on THP. I get excited about seeing my friends in the industry at multiple places. I get excited about seeing THPers and watching them play and talk about equipment. But nothing brings my level of excitement like this event does. Go out to any golf course in the world and ask these 5 questions.

Would you like to play golf for a few days at one of the finest facilities in the world?
Would you like to test all of the latest and greatest at the nicest facility in the world?
Would you like to be given a bag full of that equipment by one of the best companies in the world?
Would you like to fly across the country, be taken to great restaurants and stay in a wonderful hotel for this?
And would you like to do it with no cost at all?

**** YEAH I WOULD!

THink about those 5 things for a second. I love you guys to death, but if Callaway told me I had to go play this with 11 homeless dudes I picked up along the way I would say "Sure thing, be right there...Do you mind if they shower first?". When Harry and I first spoke on the phone about this event a number of years ago it was to "create the impossible". The perfect weekend for golfers. Yes Callaway creates brand ambassadors (they hope) out of this and THP gets to host a once in a lifetime event that goes on year after year. Jason Finley has taken the ball and run with it and taken it to new levels. He deserves a big thank you (I think he likes hugs as much as I do).

With all the ******** going on in the world. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all the doom and gloom reporting on golf. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all of the trolling and passive aggressiveness because there is no quiz to get on the internet. Bring on the Grandaddy.

Its the greatest event ever planned for golfers and I work my tail off each and every day to make sure THP is up to snuff to partner with Callaway to host the damn thing. So if you ask me what am I most excited about...

THE ****ING GRANDADDY OF EM ALL is about to take place.

Its a week of a lifetime that I get to spend with people that love and care about the game as much as I do. Its a time when I dont have to be "on" and can be me around people that "get it". Its a dream come true to golfers and years ago when we came up with the idea for a Tour Van and THP Events, if you asked me to plan the perfect event...THIS WOULD BE IT!

Now Grandaddians do me a favor and copy and paste this post I just made somewhere. Now after the dust settles go back and read it and you tell me if it was anything you could have ever imagined. You tell me if it was perfection wrapped in a bow of special and then tucked under a tree made of ****ing greatness.

Its that god damn good!

Yup I am quoting myself because I wanted to read this again. Getting ready to go to the range with my Callaway Great Big Bertha and take some swings for the first time in a couple of weeks. Ready? Maybe, maybe not, but I will give it my all and know that no matter what happens, 11 other THPers are going to see the impossible be possible in just a few days time.

Get ready to experience something that has never been attempted as once again, the bar has been raised.

I can't believe how close this is.

I got crazy looks last night while I started packing... Too early??

So we are less than a week away...

Guys, are we trying to do any sort of color coordination with pants/shorts? I have plenty of shorts in multiple colors, and I plan on bringing a bunch of it, but we haven't talked about it.. I am perfectly fine with whatever, but didn't know if anyone had any sort of plans.

So we are less than a week away...

Guys, are we trying to do any sort of color coordination with pants/shorts? I have plenty of shorts in multiple colors, and I plan on bringing a bunch of it, but we haven't talked about it.. I am perfectly fine with whatever, but didn't know if anyone had any sort of plans.

I'm bringing one of each and a few pairs of pants to be safe

I believe Finley said he would be updating us with that info early this week

I'm bringing 3 pairs of golf pants. Colors depend on Finley's upcoming post.

I believe Finley said he would be updating us with that info early this week
Precisely.

From there logic would say to bring options. We can then discuss it there if we want to rather than ending up with pages and pages about clothes and coordinating, thats just my opinion though and after Finley posts we will know more anywho.

I'm more focused on that last little bit in JB's last post this morning about the bar being raised and again seeing something never before done...some might have missed that tidbit but it gave me whiplash!

Yup I am quoting myself because I wanted to read this again. Getting ready to go to the range with my Callaway Great Big Bertha and take some swings for the first time in a couple of weeks. Ready? Maybe, maybe not, but I will give it my all and know that no matter what happens, 11 other THPers are going to see the impossible be possible in just a few days time.

Get ready to experience something that has never been attempted as once again, the bar has been raised.
See the last line.

Never.

Before.

Attempted.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat???

I did miss that! Never before attempted sounds absolutely incredible.

Bar. Raised!

I did miss that! Never before attempted sounds absolutely incredible.

Bar. Raised!

Especially for one lucky dude like you getting to experience this all again.

Next week at this time, just think of what will be about to unfold! Hooooooooly crap!

Especially for one lucky dude like you getting to experience this all again.

Next week at this time, just think of what will be about to unfold! Hooooooooly crap!

Dude I pinch myself constantly. I am very fortunate. I just want to represent this community to the best of my ability, as I know there are tons and tons of people who would take my spot in an instant.

See the last line.

Never.

Before.

Attempted.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat???

My brain already hurts, in a good amazing way of course!! But I have no idea where to run with that in my mind!! Which is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude I pinch myself constantly. I am very fortunate. I just want to represent this community to the best of my ability, as I know there are tons and tons of people who would take my spot in an instant.

I'm sure it will be quite different this time around buddy. Never the same, always bigger, always better!

Dont forget guys, dinner Sunday night at the hotel and GG and I will be setting the thing up. We will have a time for everybody, but assume somewhere around 6pm.

Dont forget guys, dinner Sunday night at the hotel and GG and I will be setting the thing up. We will have a time for everybody, but assume somewhere around 6pm.

We are very excited for this. Some nice team bonding before kicking some Zoo Crew butt

Very much looking forward to dinner, but do have a question about next Sunday. I get in around 10:00am, so what does that first day typically look like?

Very much looking forward to dinner, but do have a question about next Sunday. I get in around 10:00am, so what does that first day typically look like?

Head to the hotel and watch your comrades come rolling in!

The first year Tyler and I played golf, and a bunch of other guys hit the range across the street. With us not having our clubs, I imagine people will just be hanging out. I will probably get a quick workout in and then just socialize with everyone

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Last year I was the first one there at about the same time. My room wasn't ready so I hung at the bar and had a Bloody Mary. Then I dropped my stuff in my room and folks started arriving. There was a couple beers and lunch had outside in the perfect weather. Once everyone arrived and got acquainted folks went to their rooms to change and relax for a minute. I went for a swim in the pool and a stretch in the hot tub, it was nice.

Back