Android Phone Thread

I've been using the Casio G'zone Commando 4GLTE for 2 yrs. now. I should say 3 G'zone Commandos. They have been the biggest hunks of garbage I've ever had. Mind you, this is/was my 1st smart phone. I need ruff and rugged. I spent more time on the phone with Verizon the 1st 6 months I had one than I did the previous 12 years I was with them as my provider. I'm also due for my upgrade with Verizon. Any suggestions. I don't want to get much bigger and also would like something durable, but this hunk of crap has to go.

I would say any phone will do the trick, just look for a quality case. You might look for something that is water proof as well. There are a few options these days. The new Droid Turbo 2 and V10 should be very durable but are both bigger.

I would say any phone will do the trick, just look for a quality case. You might look for something that is water proof as well. There are a few options these days. The new Droid Turbo 2 and V10 should be very durable but are both bigger.

The water proof and shock proof are what drew me to this phone and I must say it held up it's end on that note, but I seemed to always have other issues with it/them. I'm going this week and I'll definitely check into your recommendations. I just don't want to get too big as I keep mine in my front pocket for work and I'm a big guy that works outside so it can be a pita at times. Thank you.

The water proof and shock proof are what drew me to this phone and I must say it held up it's end on that note, but I seemed to always have other issues with it/them. I'm going this week and I'll definitely check into your recommendations. I just don't want to get too big as I keep mine in my front pocket for work and I'm a big guy that works outside so it can be a pita at times. Thank you.

I was hesitant to go big for the same reason, but would never go back to a smaller phone.

Yeah the Casio phones were pretty much terrible phones. Most phones these days when put in a solid case will last just fine, and will be far superior phones. The s5/s6 active are phones that will be very resilient as well and a tiny bit smaller.

I was hesitant to go big for the same reason, but would never go back to a smaller phone.

Yeah the Casio phones were pretty much terrible phones. Most phones these days when put in a solid case will last just fine, and will be far superior phones. The s5/s6 active are phones that will be very resilient as well and a tiny bit smaller.

My wife just got the Turbo 2 which she likes. What is the next one down from that, do you know? Whatever that one is I can get without adding anything to my bill from what they told me.

How long did it work for you? For ten bucks, it's kind of disposable. If I like how this one works, I will most likely spend some more for the next one.
Here's the split:
dc4e17aafda256a0b4c0d1074ea42d0f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Also posted in Deals thread.
Nova Launcher prime is on sale for $. 99 for the holidays.
Crest turned me on to it & I like it a lot better than TouchWiz

Also posted in Deals thread.
Nova Launcher prime is on sale for $. 99 for the holidays.
Crest turned me on to it & I like it a lot better than TouchWiz
Nice glad you like it. That is a great deal

Just finished the 6.0.1 upgrade on the 5x. Nothing really stands out. I'll have to read the change log.

How do you guys like the update to the Google Camera? I really like how they made it so easy to go from a picture to video, so much easier than before.

I would have much rather had a button in the corner than the slide screen thing. It is easier than before though for sure.
How do you guys like the update to the Google Camera? I really like how they made it so easy to go from a picture to video, so much easier than before.

I would have much rather had a button in the corner than the slide screen thing. It is easier than before though for sure.

Yeah the swipe to gallery feature wasn't nearly as useful for me. I much prefer the swipe to video

I think my Apple experiment may be coming to an end. I'm thinking I may sell mine and buy a 6P

I think my Apple experiment may be coming to an end. I'm thinking I may sell mine and buy a 6P
Will be nice to have you back buddy

Just when I thought you couldn't do anything stupider, you go and do something like this....AND totally redeem yourself!

Ordered a case from Google on Black Friday. Took forever for it to get here even though it shipped the following day. Was supposed to arrive the next Thursday, then Friday, and finally did on Monday. Anyway, get home last night and they send me a case for the 5x and not 6p. Dealing with them on the phone this AM was frustrating. I need to ship the item back and reorder. But they can't tell me if I can reorder at the price I originally purchased for. So they need to escalate that and will let me know within 3 days.

Ordered a case from Google on Black Friday. Took forever for it to get here even though it shipped the following day. Was supposed to arrive the next Thursday, then Friday, and finally did on Monday. Anyway, get home last night and they send me a case for the 5x and not 6p. Dealing with them on the phone this AM was frustrating. I need to ship the item back and reorder. But they can't tell me if I can reorder at the price I originally purchased for. So they need to escalate that and will let me know within 3 days.

Thats garbage, they should make it right since its their fault

I approve of this message.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My Zero Lemon (after well over two years) hasn't been holding the charge as much as before (still getting close to two days out of the 7,500 mah battery), so I got an Anker 7,800 mah battery. It is a little heavier, but not by enough to worry about and this one should do me until it's time for a new phone. It was $28 bucks total, compared to $40 for the Zero Lemon.

I was originally only going to use the FrankenBattery from time to time, but I've used it ever since I got it.

I don't like the case, as it is glossy instead of flat black, so it is slick. I'll pick up some super fine grit sandpaper and buff it out.
I'm going to see if I can return this. I love the Anker products, except for this. It doesn't last as long as the 2+ year old Zero Lemon.

Anyone have experience with any of the Android watches? Thinking about asking for one for Christmas. Thanks

I'd heavily recommend a pebble.
Anyone have experience with any of the Android watches? Thinking about asking for one for Christmas. Thanks

No experience, but if I end up back on Android I will likely get the Huawei. It's the only one that appeals to me looks wise.

Back