Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

Well my decision to go Black or Silver is much easier.. after doing some research the W Grind in LH only comes in silver, so silver it is!

Still working out some issues on full shots, but that's with all of my wedges. Around the greens, the MD3 is money! The W grind was the perfect choice for my game.

54W is silly fun Jon, glad you're enjoying it.

It's the reason I am silly torn on going with the 60 PM next week or going MD3 60W instead.

Still super comfortable with the PM 60 for close in work when I need the loft. Outside 30-40 yards though, I'm hoping the 54W can take over, which would be a-ok with me. It was one of the highlights of my round. Couple of times I hit the PM 60 and immediately wished I had hit the 54W. Results from that range have always been a little dicey for me.

Well my decision to go Black or Silver is much easier.. after doing some research the W Grind in LH only comes in silver, so silver it is!

It's a great finish, dude. Go with the grind first!

Alright Callaway, you have my attention.

I need a 58* in this.

CQfzYgLUcAAPGqO.jpg

and a 54* with the THP logo and THP green fill.

Holy wow that would own so hard.

Ugh. I had completely forgotten about this until I started skimming the thread.

I still want this in a 58. Badly. Although probably not the Grizz Dog part hahaha

50 and 54 MD3 S-Grind should be here next week :)
Cant wait to get them out on the course

As some of the guys know, I had a lot of trepidation after making my wedge choices at #TheGrandaddy as though I was used to the 54W (and loved it already) I also went 60W instead of my usual PM grind. Best decision ever, well, that and going +1/2" and 2* with these as well.

Still silly versatile and affirmed forever that bounce is my friend. I hit some stellar wedge shots this week. Seriously incredibly pleased.

Also glad I went platinum in the end too.

As some of the guys know, I had a lot of trepidation after making my wedge choices at #TheGrandaddy as though I was used to the 54W (and loved it already) I also went 60W instead of my usual PM grind. Best decision ever, well, that and going +1/2" and 2* with these as well.

Still silly versatile and affirmed forever that bounce is my friend. I hit some stellar wedge shots this week. Seriously incredibly pleased.

Also glad I went platinum in the end too.
James, were you gaming a 60 degree PM before?

James, were you gaming a 60 degree PM before?

I was indeed. Talked to RFC about that spot in my bag and he liked the W-grind for my angle into wedge shots, bounce is definitely my friend there.

I was indeed. Talked to RFC about that spot in my bag and he liked the W-grind for my angle into wedge shots, bounce is definitely my friend there.
Just incredible. He's such a friendly guy. I'm liking my pm grind, but would love to try that w too.

I just can't wait until I get to have these in two weeks. Been sitting in my closet for way to long waiting on Xmas.

Still can't believe you guys got that kind of quality time with him. That's interesting that he said that. You're a digger with your wedges right? I'm half tempted to get another MD3 just for those grips!

This week was the first I had hit the MD3 wedges. First impressions (after of course asking myself if I was really in a bunker with Roger Cleveland) were that this was a really easy club to hit. The 60W really is like cheating out of the bunker after some pointers from Roger. I also went with the 56s and hit some really good stop and drop shots with it. It feels good off the club, and paired with the ChromeSoft was really holding the green. I can't wait to get these out on home courses and getting some more feedback with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the MD3's a significant improvement over the MD2's?

Are the MD3's a significant improvement over the MD2's?

IMO, substantially, and I loved reviewing the MD2's for the homepage, even gamed them a long while.

Just a better weighting and profile for me. Plus, these grinds on the MD3 are lethal.

IMO, substantially, and I loved reviewing the MD2's for the homepage, even gamed them a long while.

Just a better weighting and profile for me. Plus, these grinds on the MD3 are lethal.

Completely agree. Those grooves, those grinds, and a decent technique? You can hit balls that land like a bean bag.

Good to know. The CPO site has some pretty lucrative pricing on MD2's so it had me intrigued. Guess I need to find somewhere to test these out.

Completely agree. Those grooves, those grinds, and a decent technique? You can hit balls that land like a bean bag.

I was hitting some pitched with Mr. Cleveland watching (RFC!!!) and pulling them back on the practice green, that felt pretty freaking amazing.

THE MD3s are better than the 2s in every way IMO. Love the weight, the feel, the grinds. I pulled off some solid shots with them this weekend

I was hitting some pitched with Mr. Cleveland watching (RFC!!!) and pulling them back on the practice green, that felt pretty freaking amazing.

That sounds familiar haha. I clipped a couple at the Gauntlet out of the bunker that took one hop and spun back a foot. That was pretty ego boosting

These are still hands down the best wedges ive ever gamed. And i loved my Vokeys

lol, seems like a unanimous decision. MD3 it is.

These are still hands down the best wedges ive ever gamed. And i loved my Vokeys

Phil, how did you decide what grind to use with which wedge?

Phil, how did you decide what grind to use with which wedge?

For me it was all about what type of shot i would hit most of the time with that particular wedge. For my 56* I use it for all sorts of shots all around the green and from inside 100 yards. So I went with the S grind which is the most versatile. With my 60* I mainly use that out of the sand or if I need to hit a flop shot around the green. In that case the wide sole is perfect for that so I went with the W grind there

Back