Do you ever wear a t-shirt to the range?

I will definitely wear a t shirt and gym shorts if I'm just going to the range.

The ranges I go to are very casual so I've done it now and then. I wear polo's more often than not as it is so it's not often I don't have one on anyways when I am heading to the range.

I have worn shorts and a tee shirt to the range, however I prefer a proper "engineered" golf shirt as the new fabrics can handle heat and sweat much better than a typical cotton tee shirt. I do not mind people wearing tee shirts as long as they fit appropriately and don't have anything potentially offensive displayed on them.

Yes. Tee shirt and jeans in the summer.

At my old club (plain) T-Shirts and jeans were permitted on the range and in clubhouse - but not on the golf course. Next year I'm joining a different club so I'll have to see what's permitted or not.

I'm OK with jeans and T-Shirts at the range.

Part of it is generational. I'll turn 70 in 2016. When I was a young man, if I went to a restaurant at night, I wore a jacket and tie--period.
Store clerks called you "sir" or "m'am," where now a sixteen year old will read your first name on your credit card and call you by it.
If you were on the boardwalk at the beach, you couldn't walk around in just a swim suit. You had to cover yourself.
If you were fortunate enough to go on a sea cruise, dinner was black tie.
Noibody used the "F word" in mixed company, in front of children, or anywhere but the most casual circumstances amidst very familiar acquaintances.

Remember when you read this that we're talking about people who came of age in the sixties, smoked pot, and were considered radical and avant garde both socially and politically. It didn't carry over into one's demeanor unless one was a complete hippie. Things just weren't that informal yet.

I was perfectly cool with all of that because that's how first-wave boomers grew up. In truth, I had a harder time than most adapting to today's standards.

Bottom line--if you wear a tee shirt and jeans to the range, I'm perfectly accustomed to seeing that and I wouldn't give it a second thought. But I'd never be comfortable doing it myself.

I don't see a problem with wearing a T-shirt to the range. I generally like to practice in a golf shirt similar to what I would wear while playing, but I usually wear my normal cargo shorts to the range.

In almost 50 years of playing golf, I have never worn a t-shirt to the range. Since I tend to play, or practice, on an impromptu basis quite often...I always have a golf shirt or two in my vehicle along with extra pair (or 2) of shorts/pants/socks/shoes.

T-shirt and shorts okay by me at public ranges. I do try to wear collared shirt on public ranges.

NO. I were a t shirt to the gym to workout. I wear golf shirts to practice golf.

Sure do.

I must not be a serious golfer. :alien:

yup frequently.

Part of it is generational. I'll turn 70 in 2016. When I was a young man, if I went to a restaurant at night, I wore a jacket and tie--period.
Store clerks called you "sir" or "m'am," where now a sixteen year old will read your first name on your credit card and call you by it.
If you were on the boardwalk at the beach, you couldn't walk around in just a swim suit. You had to cover yourself.
If you were fortunate enough to go on a sea cruise, dinner was black tie.
Noibody used the "F word" in mixed company, in front of children, or anywhere but the most casual circumstances amidst very familiar acquaintances.

Remember when you read this that we're talking about people who came of age in the sixties, smoked pot, and were considered radical and avant garde both socially and politically. It didn't carry over into one's demeanor unless one was a complete hippie. Things just weren't that informal yet.

I was perfectly cool with all of that because that's how first-wave boomers grew up. In truth, I had a harder time than most adapting to today's standards.

Bottom line--if you wear a tee shirt and jeans to the range, I'm perfectly accustomed to seeing that and I wouldn't give it a second thought. But I'd never be comfortable doing it myself.
I am 68 and I pretty well agree with this. I never leave my house in a Tee shirt, I will when I am on vacation or a buddy trip and the others wear Tee's to go out. There are only courses close to my house (I have no idea where the closest driving range is) so I always wear a polo to hit balls.

Not any more since I'm a member at a club with a dress code. Never did it often anyway.

Wife beater and sometimes a flowered bathing suit. I could care less what I look like.

It depends on the range I'm going to. The one nearest me is at a decent course, so I dress like I'm playing. There are a couple of others I occasionally attend that are standalone ranges. I'll wear whatever I happen to already be wearing to them.

The stand alone range I tend to use close to the house I wear tee shirt and shorts or jeans depending on the weather unless I am headed to the course after. Then it would be proper golf attire.

Sometimes I can sneak out of work early but find myself with out a golf shirt. I usually have a bag with extra clothes as I always have my clubs with me. See I have a problem going without the proper attire even to practice at my home course. I see a lot of this around but what do you do?

To a range on a golf course? 100% never.

To a standard range? I've worn a pair of jeans and a t-shirt or two, although I usually don't.

If I am heading to a range on a golf course, I won't wear a t-shirt.

If it is to a range, I have worn a t-shirt a couple of times. Most of the time though I am still wearing a collared shirt.

Yes. Both ranges I use are city owned public, so in the summer when it's 105, I'm definitely in a t shirt on the range. I NEVER play in a t-shirt, only on the range.

When I hit my courses range after work, I tend to take off my dress shirt, leave it in my car and hit the range in my undershirt/dress pants.

My course requires polls and doesn't allow jeans. The range is also in the middle of the course.

Haven't had an issue yet...it's just convenient for me. Either way, even when I hit other ranges, I will wear t shirts there.

Sometimes. Going to the local learning center range I wouldn't have a problem doing it at all. Even more so if I am taking my wife with me.

Yup. When it's cold I usually have a long-sleeve.

Maybe a couple of times since college. But its a hay pasture, all self-serve driving range. I'm not kidding, 1/3 of the range balls are actually worn down to almost smooth, as in no dimples.

But otherwise, no. Like most things, if you want to practice, you might as well practice in what you would normally wear on the golf course.

~Rock

All the time...

Back