2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that just getting massive is stupid and those monster guys seem pretty limited but I think hypertrophy in general isnt all that pointless. I mean for us guys that don't have natural size (tall and thin genetics) some size gain along with strength of course isnt bad imo. I'm sure guys wIth bigger builds don't care because they just want to be strong but as a skinny guy being strong kinda sucks if u still look like a bean. 2 pieces of the puzzle
Yeah. It's a goofy spot to be in. All depends on one's goals.

Yeah. It's a goofy spot to be in. All depends on one's goals.
I do totally think that size will most likely come with just getting stronger in general would you agree? I focus mainly on heavy compounds in an attempt to get stronger but I do add in an accessory or two because some size on me is never a bad thing haha

I do totally think that size will most likely come with just getting stronger in general would you agree? I focus mainly on heavy compounds in an attempt to get stronger but I do add in an accessory or two because some size on me is never a bad thing haha
Strength needs to be there before you worry about hypertrophy. I've never seen somebody with a heavy press have small shoulder.

Strength needs to be there before you worry about hypertrophy. I've never seen somebody with a heavy press have small shoulder.
I can dig that. What about that little hercules kid tho? Hahaha saw a special on him recently, he's a stunt man and looks nothing like he did. Kid was a freak

I can dig that. What about that little hercules kid tho? Hahaha saw a special on him recently, he's a stunt man and looks nothing like he did. Kid was a freak
With all due respect. I don't believe you're a genetic freak. ;)

With all due respect. I don't believe you're a genetic freak. ;)
I wouldn't be posting about needing size if I was hahaha

Also carb loading while severely dehydrated.
Preggo belly is because of drug use. Crazy mixtures of drugs that cause all kinds of bloating and other bad things. That much I know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I wonder if the gym I go to uses pured barbells. Helps get the weight moving in the right direction. :alien:

I wonder if the gym I go to uses pured barbells. Helps get the weight moving in the right direction. :alien:

Check the spine and rotation deflection paradox. Even if the bar is 45lbs, if the spine doesn't align, you're squats will be off. Also, Japanese forged barbells are far superior to US market barbells. That's a fact confirmed by the internet.

Check the spine and rotation deflection paradox. Even if the bar is 45lbs, if the spine doesn't align, you're squats will be off. Also, Japanese forged barbells are far superior to US market barbells. That's a fact confirmed by the internet.

That's one thing I don't like about kettlebells- they're cast, so they're just a bit too clicky for me.

That's one thing I don't like about kettlebells- they're cast, so they're just a bit too clicky for me.
You need buttery kettlebells

Finally back in the gym after a little time off. I've gained back a lot of the weight I lost (thank you comfort stations!) and need to get the scale going back in the right direction. Squats, presses, and pull downs today and my brother joined me again. He seems to be more open to continuing to join me, so I think this will be good for both of us long-term. Now if I could avoid eating all of the delicious but horrible for me food that is showing up this time of year, I feel I'll be in a good place by the start of the year.

No gym for the next month, so doing burpees/squats/push-ups in the meantime. :)

No gym for the next month, so doing burpees/squats/push-ups in the meantime. :)

What happened to the gym?

This is the quote of the day.

Bench press. Weighted dips. Cable face pulls.

My body needs a day off but my mind is saying go the gym.

My body needs a day off but my mind is saying go the gym.
shut-up-and-squat-arnold620.jpg

*posts the guy who didn't squat tonight :bulgy-eyes:*

HAHAHA my last day off was last Monday so I figure I'm due. I also think I need to start taking in more calories.

HAHAHA my last day off was last Monday so I figure I'm due. I also think I need to start taking in more calories.
Goals? Height/weight/age?

Goals? Height/weight/age?

goals.
strength
flexibility
quick/more athletic
look good yes it's a little vain but it's true.

6 feet
38 shhh.
172 lbs

goals.
strength
flexibility
quick/more athletic
look good yes it's a little vain but it's true.

6 feet
38 shhh.
172 lbs

To meet the first goal, you need more calories. The flexibility will be taken care of lifting a full range of motion. Also, focus on the primary lifts and mix in assistance lifts. I can't help with the quickness/athleticism. That's genetic. But we can make you stronger.

Looking good with your shirt off, well, best quote for that, "A six pack on a skinny guy is like big t_ts on a fat chick." ;)

Here is my typical day with food.
Morning coffee
9am 2 peperoni sticks
10:30am kiwi
2pm quarter of a pineapple
4pm half a pomegranate
8:30 dinner good size hunk of meat and veg usually cauliflower or green beans.

To meet the first goal, you need more calories. The flexibility will be taken care of lifting a full range of motion. Also, focus on the primary lifts and mix in assistance lifts. I can't help with the quickness/athleticism. That's genetic. But we can make you stronger.

Looking good with your shirt off, well, best quote for that, "A six pack on a skinny guy is like big t_ts on a fat chick." ;)
That's a good one :)
Of course big cans on a fat girl is not all bad :D

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back