What would you do?

What would you do?

• Declare it unplayable and take appropriate penalty stroke.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
You just hit a 277 yard drive, placed it perfectly in the fairway, legitimately one of your best shots of the day. You're left with ~105 yards to the hole and you find this (see pic).

What would you do?
99dead4446771458f28d89baa5d644a7.jpg

Ask you about the pic lol.

First off, I'd be running around with my hands in the air, screaming "did you see that drive! Did you see that!? HOLY CRAP!"

An actual pic would help.

First off, I'd be running around with my hands in the air, screaming "did you see that drive! Did you see that!? HOLY CRAP!"

No kidding. The first thing I would do is question the legitimacy of my shot tracker/GPS/range finder.

BTW, pretty clever getting 10 replies asking for the picture you never intended to post. :D

An actual pic would help.

No kidding. The first thing I would do is question the legitimacy of my shot tracker/GPS/range finder.

BTW, pretty clever getting 10 replies asking for the picture you never intended to post. :D

Wow, tough crowd here. Pic was on the phone, but I couldn't figure out how to post a poll from Tapatalk so I posted it on the computer first and went to Tapatalk to add the pic.

The pic is there now.

The struggle is real, I know. We each have our challenges. For me, distance isn't exactly the problem, I'm not crazy long, but I can put a decent poke out there. For me, hitting the fairway like that one did (nearly dead center) has been the issue of late.

Paging @canadan

I’d swear pretty heavily under my breath, then take one or two club and commit to hitting down on it hard and to not stab at it. It’s such a stupid rule.

Grab the PW and put it on the green. :golf3:

You already hit a 277 yard drive, you can hit a freaking sand wedge out of that.

Bad luck to end up there, but I'd hit it right out of that divot.

Lift-Clean-Place from the fairway for yours truly.

#Cheater

no problem. back in the stance just a little more, steep aoa, hope for the best. it's just golf. i'm not setting the world on fire, just out there to have fun.

I'd play that from where it lies, stick a wedge inside a couple feet and take the gimme and the bird :alien:

What would you do?

Wow, tough crowd here. Pic was on the phone, but I couldn't figure out how to post a poll from Tapatalk so I posted it on the computer first and went to Tapatalk to add the pic.

The pic is there now.

Oooooh that’s the suck hahaha

I’d still be walking on air and just grab my 7i and aim for the general direction of the green.

And still probably be saying “holy cars I crap believe it!” as I’m walking thirty yards to my topped ball down the fairway!

Sh$t Happens.

Gotta' deal with it.

But great drive!

You can do it!

Sh$t Happens.

Gotta' deal with it.

But great drive!

You can do it!

That was #10 on Sunday. Hit it to 6' and still missed the birdie.

If you had hit it 280 you wouldn’t be in that predicament

Surprised you didn’t take the birdie gimme

If you had hit it 280 you wouldn’t be in that predicament

Surprised you didn’t take the birdie gimme

I doubt I'd have had that problem if I'd hit it 276 either, but that's the fun of the game.

That one doesn't look that bad. Should be able to make a decent shot into the green from 105.

Back of stance, firm descending blow with 58° wedge hooded some by ball position and forward press.

I hit it where it is. My last few courses have local rules to move in own fairway up to a foot using club head. I refuse unless in a tournament just based on spirit of the rules.

Up until now I would definitely have moved it. After reading some of the posts on this forum in different threads I think from now on I will play it where it lies. This has happened to me twice this year but both times we were playing a game where everybody agreed that you could roll the ball in the Fairway.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Back of stance, gripped down PW. Hope to get around green.

Back