Houston Area THP group

That's fine with me

ok guys...a few optoins for Saturday morning.

Cypresswood Tradition ($79)
Cypresswood Cypress ($58)
Wildcat Lakes ($74)
Timber Creek ($49)

let me know so I can book it.

ok guys...a few optoins for Saturday morning.

Cypresswood Tradition ($79)
Cypresswood Cypress ($58)
Wildcat Lakes ($74)
Timber Creek ($49)

let me know so I can book it.

Eagle Pointe is also $60 on Golfnow, but it's a pretty good trek from Missouri City. It's a nice course for future reference.

My vote, in order, is:
Cypress
Timber Creek (never played it, so I have no idea how the course is)
Tradition
Wildcat

But, still, I'm okay with anything.

Eagle Pointe is also $60 on Golfnow, but it's a pretty good trek from Missouri City. It's a nice course for future reference.

My vote, in order, is:
Cypress
Timber Creek (never played it, so I have no idea how the course is)
Tradition
Wildcat

But, still, I'm okay with anything.

Eagle Pointe is on I definitely want to get out to, but maybe a later tee time so Tim isn't up at the crack of dawn to get thee. lol

****Executive Decision****

We are playing Cypresswood (Cypress Course) and I reserved two tee times 8:37 & 8:45. My CC is on file, so you just need to pay at the course. I'll be there around 7:30 to warm up. See you guys Saturday.

See you guys in a bit

Your group is playing as I write this; hope you guys had a great round...Awesome day to be on the course. I live in Spring and have only played Cypresswood-Cypress Couse. If anybody's played Augusta Pines, Gleannloch Pines, Wood Forest, or Oakhurst, can you share your thoughts? Hoping to get out more this year despite being so busy with school/work and family.

I really enjoy all of those courses. I'd say Woodforest and Augusta are head and shoulders the two best on that list with gleanloch and Oakhurst coming in behind them. Woodforest has some of the best greens in the area. Also check out Grand Lake Golf Club. No amenities at the course, but it is a really fun layout and always empty.

I really enjoy all of those courses. I'd say Woodforest and Augusta are head and shoulders the two best on that list with gleanloch and Oakhurst coming in behind them. Woodforest has some of the best greens in the area. Also check out Grand Lake Golf Club. No amenities at the course, but it is a really fun layout and always empty.

I agree with Jacob, Woodforest and Augusta Pines are the two out of that group to play.

Augusta pines is beautiful. Side note I think I hate wildcat. Highlands has so many blind spots it isnt enjoyable. Lakes is better, more character but not sure if it's worth the price or drive for me

Augusta Pines is a great course. They used to have a Champions tour event there. I have a buddy who's a Class A PGA Pro who just played Wood Forest last week and said the greens were rolling around 13 and immaculate. I don't think you can go wrong with either course. I've played Gleannloch and Oakhurst and they're both ok courses, but neither has a great layout or the same course conditions compared to Augusta or Wood Forest.

#clublife is where it's at, I can't deal with 5 hour rounds. Oh and yes wildcat is terrible.

Augusta pines is beautiful. Side note I think I hate wildcat. Highlands has so many blind spots it isnt enjoyable. Lakes is better, more character but not sure if it's worth the price or drive for me

I like the Highlands,but a track where you need the knowledge or buy the yardage book in the pro shop. It's worth it IMO bc of the blind shots.

#clublife is where it's at, I can't deal with 5 hour rounds. Oh and yes wildcat is terrible.

I agree and I'm trying to clear up the finances to make this happen for me. Riverbend CC is at the top of the list when it happens

I agree and I'm trying to clear up the finances to make this happen for me. Riverbend CC is at the top of the list when it happens

If you have a clubcorp property near you and are under 40 they have the Houston Young Executive plan right now for $299 a month with carts included for 1 year. It is all you can golf at any of 9 Houston area properties with carts included in the price. There is some blocked times for the clubs other than your home club (weekends and holidays before 10am), but the deal is well worth it. Most clubs have plenty of amenities for family use too (pools, restaurants, tennis, events/activities, bars, etc.). The clubs are:

April Sound Country Club – Montgomery
Club at Falcon Point – Katy
Clubs of Kingwood – Kingwood (excludes Deerwood Club)
Hearthstone Country Club – Houston
Lake Windcrest Golf Club – Magnolia
Magnolia Creek Golf Club – League City
South Shore Harbour Country Club – League City
The Golf Trails of The Woodlands – The Woodlands
Willow Creek Golf Club – Spring

http://www.clubcorp.com/Membership/Houston-Young-Executive-YEX

The site says the deal expired 12/31/15, but I was told they are still offering it. Full price is $350 after the first year. The initiation fee varies from $500-$1000, but they have been waiving it for some people I know and I didn't pay it either.

If you have a clubcorp property near you and are under 40 they have the Houston Young Executive plan right now for $299 a month with carts included for 1 year. It is all you can golf at any of 9 Houston area properties with carts included in the price. There is some blocked times for the clubs other than your home club (weekends and holidays before 10am), but the deal is well worth it. Most clubs have plenty of amenities for family use too (pools, restaurants, tennis, events/activities, bars, etc.). The clubs are:

April Sound Country Club – Montgomery
Club at Falcon Point – Katy
Clubs of Kingwood – Kingwood (excludes Deerwood Club)
Hearthstone Country Club – Houston
Lake Windcrest Golf Club – Magnolia
Magnolia Creek Golf Club – League City
South Shore Harbour Country Club – League City
The Golf Trails of The Woodlands – The Woodlands
Willow Creek Golf Club – Spring

http://www.clubcorp.com/Membership/Houston-Young-Executive-YEX

The site says the deal expired 12/31/15, but I was told they are still offering it. Full price is $350 after the first year. The initiation fee varies from $500-$1000, but they have been waiving it for some people I know and I didn't pay it either.

I've looked into them. A friend used to be a member at Falcon Point and have me the run down. I turn 42 so I have to find something that makes sense for the family. Right now I need to clear so cash so we can make it work. More than anything I'm looking for a junior program for my girls.

I've looked into them. A friend used to be a member at Falcon Point and have me the run down. I turn 42 so I have to find something that makes sense for the family. Right now I need to clear so cash so we can make it work. More than anything I'm looking for a junior program for my girls.

Have you tried the First Tee? If not, it's well worth it. $30 per year per child and the offer four 6-8 week sessions a year.

Also, several clubs have a Junior Golf team that compete nationally at the higher levels. Kingwood's team went to California last year for nationals. They compete in 2 man best ball match play tournaments.

https://www.facebook.com/Kingwood-Golf-Advantage-School-1507622399493344/

I like the Highlands,but a track where you need the knowledge or buy the yardage book in the pro shop. It's worth it IMO bc of the blind shots.

Mike - Riverbend CC offers a month preview membership, where only thing responsible are for expenses made that month i.e. carts, food, beverages etc. Just let me know when you clear up a month and you can get out some get you set up.

Ok guys, looks like Temps in the upper 70's this weekend....anybody want to try to play somewhere on Saturday?

I figure Sunday is out since it's Valentine's Day

Saturday is most likely out for me. I could do early Sunday, but that's about it.

This weekend is no good and that sucks because the weather is going to be nice. Next weekend I'm in Sat or Sun.

Ok, looks like next weekend is the best, lets try and put something together.

Are we thinking anything will be going down this weekend?

Anyone up for a round in the morning? I know it's last minute, but my schedule opened up. Let me know!

Anyone up for a round in the morning? I know it's last minute, but my schedule opened up. Let me know!

Just might give me a minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back