2016 Snowmageddon

I'd rather have the snow you have in Va than the ice we have here. I can walk on it without sinking. Looks like today will be spent inside.

I'd rather have the snow you have in Va than the ice we have here. I can walk on it without sinking. Looks like today will be spent inside.

I guarantee it. Ice just sucks, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's insane.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Stay safe with all that crazy weather out there everyone!

It's bad here. #NotReally #SavedByGenFLX

4ba39257d130545e4b50075b173c3994.jpg

Same here Deuce, just a little ice on the ground. Was expecting more but thankful we did not get it.

12507181_10205659738509579_8964125183471306406_n.jpg

Everything froze after the rain last night . Been without power for about 9 hours now

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Everything froze after the rain last night . Been without power for about 9 hours now

Ice sucks bad! Be safe brother and Hopefully you'll be restored soon.

The main roads aren't that bad really, drifting in really an issue in some places. Neighborhoods are mostly impassable even with 4x4. And it's still hammering down.

The main roads aren't that bad really, drifting in really an issue in some places. Neighborhoods are mostly impassable even with 4x4. And it's still hammering down.

What is the forecast looking like for next week, will it be melting away or yall going to have this for awhile?

Wow...that's intense. Guess they weren't wrong about it this time
Yeah and it is still coming down... The wind is crazy strong and blowing snow all over the place

Trying to find the number to the hospital, throw my name in the ring if they need help getting Dr's and Nurses in for shifts. It's like pulling teeth to volunteer. Silliness
I used to do that for years. Had 4X4 vehicles. Was only called once in probably 5 yrs. But once out, spent most of the day pulling people out of ditches.

Last year in Massachusetts we had record snow amounts and it sucked. The only good thing about what u guys are getting is you're getting it all at once. Just hunker down, work on the computer from home if u can. Just stay in for a few days....putt, chip into the couch, watch Golf fix reruns...

Last year what sucked was every few days we got another foot of snow ....shovel every day, roof raking every night when I got home.... It was the 8 weeks of hell, at least hours is one blast and that's it.

Good luck, be safe, don't do anything stupid!

Nothing you aren't used to buffalo boy!

In all seriousness. Be safe everyone.

No issues on my end, just sux this area is clueless when it comes to snow removal. They wait for 2-3" of snow to accumulate on the roads before dropping the plow. So we end up snow packed roads, get a couple more inches on top of that so they are constantly playing catchup.

Unless you're a kid...then it's friggin awesome! :)

Yeah, unless your dad doe at fix the snowblower during your age 10 til you leave the house so the snow shoveling duties got in the way of some fun.

Awesome looking bike!

(I don't know how to ride though..maybe I need to make a "What one thing can't you do, but won't admit it anywhere?" thread)

don't feel bad, I have some cousins that can't either.

Be safe, ice is no bueno.

What is the forecast looking like for next week, will it be melting away or yall going to have this for awhile?

Some mid 40s in mid middle of the week and rain/snow mix late. With some sun and the temps we should get a decent melt, if it stains rain that will help too.

The dark blue (almost purple) is 20 to 39 inches of snow, the HUGE area of light blue is 10 to 20! That's HUGE area in the middle East coast! This is as of 7:00 am, so that could change and increase in area as it's still coming down!

Be safe guys!

nsm_depth_2016012305_National.jpg

We're already over 18" and it is snowing hard still. Wind is fierce. Glad when this is all over! Everyone, be safe!

a0ce26bf1790568094eceda3183b57e7.jpg

Nothing more here just south of Durham. One guy in a Nissan Altima left, but that's it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last year in Massachusetts we had record snow amounts and it sucked. The only good thing about what u guys are getting is you're getting it all at once. Just hunker down, work on the computer from home if u can. Just stay in for a few days....putt, chip into the couch, watch Golf fix reruns...

Last year what sucked was every few days we got another foot of snow ....shovel every day, roof raking every night when I got home.... It was the 8 weeks of hell, at least hours is one blast and that's it.

Good luck, be safe, don't do anything stupid!

My in-laws live in Norwell just outside of Boston and ended up having to replace their roof and skylights because of all the water damage. They would send us pictures periodically. It was insane. Couldn't imagine having to deal with that.

Glad I stopped and picked up some milk and bread. It's rough here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453561380.500962.jpg

Power company just updated the outage map with a restoration date of MONDAY at 11pm I sure hope they beat that by about 2 days

Power company just updated the outage map with a restoration date of MONDAY at 11pm I sure hope they beat that by about 2 days

Blame jspangs

Down south here, suburbs of Augusta, GA - Mrs SAM kept watching the Weather Channel last night, hoping for snow (she grew up in NJ). I was doubtful, but early evening they were saying 60% chance of light snow. Later it fell to 40%, and when I went to bed it had fallen to 20%. Mrs SAM stayed up, and said it started about 1 AM - she stayed up til after 5 AM. I got up this morning to maybe 1.5 inches and still snowing. She's excited - I am just glad it's not a work day, but I have a feeling a snow man creation is in my near future - not sure it's enough to slide down the slope in our side yard.

Back