The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dion Lewis is a legitimate running back for Belichick's offense and I don't see the Patriots forking over a bunch of money to Forte. If they were able to get him at a discount then I could see it happening but the Patriots always seem to have "no body's" thrive in the RB position.

No kidding, their running backs were dropping like flies this season and they just kept producing another solid option.

Dion Lewis is a legitimate running back for Belichick's offense and I don't see the Patriots forking over a bunch of money to Forte. If they were able to get him at a discount then I could see it happening but the Patriots always seem to have "no body's" thrive in the RB position.

I like Lewis from what I have saw last year, but I think Forte is a better between the tackles runner then Lewis. I could be wrong on that though. If the price is right, I wouldn't mind having both on the team. It would be interesting to see what formations Josh McDaniels could use having both options available to him. The playoffs proved the Pats need O-Line help, so that be more of a priority to them at this point.

At this point he's made the $$ from the Bears...I think a ring will motivate him more, but i guess that needs to shake itself out.

At this stage of his career, I would agree with you that a ring might be more of a motivator for him. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Personally, I think Forte would be an upgrade over Lewis from a health perspective. Dion Lewis was good, but he's always been fragile. Forte would at least be more durable and he's just as good of a pass catcher. It will be interesting to see where he ends up!

Wherever he goes (Foster and Martin too) I hope it isn't for too much. Pitt needs to lock up Bell this off-season and I'm hoping it happens at 5mil or less per year...

Wherever he goes (Foster and Martin too) I hope it isn't for too much. Pitt needs to lock up Bell this off-season and I'm hoping it happens at 5mil or less per year...

$5 mil or less a year for Bell? That seems awfully low regardless of his injuries...

$5 mil or less a year for Bell? That seems awfully low regardless of his injuries...

It is low. I said I was hoping. There's been a shift at RB position and aside from Peterson, Mccoy, Murray having pretty big paydays I don't know what the rest are making.

It is low. I said I was hoping. There's been a shift at RB position and aside from Peterson, Mccoy, Murray having pretty big paydays I don't know what the rest are making.

I hear you. Based on what I just looked up, the franchise tag was around $9.4 mil last year. Is next season the last year of Bell's rookie contract? Mccoy may have other issues after assaulting that off duty cop!

I hear you. Based on what I just looked up, the franchise tag was around $9.4 mil last year. Is next season the last year of Bell's rookie contract? Mccoy may have other issues after assaulting that off duty cop!

Ugh, us Bills fans can't get a break.

Forte should take a serious look (and vise versa) at the Panthers next year. Would be a great (not so great for the rest of the NFC) spot for him and Cam.

Who's gonna QB for the Eagles next year? All their QB's are leaving or want $18M a year to play?

Ugh, us Bills fans can't get a break.
May be a good break if they can get out from under the contract somehow. The bills are still far away and don't need that contract to hinder adding pieces elsewhere. I can't understand for the life of me why you spend huge on a rb when you have so many other holes. I am a huge fan of McCoy but not a huge fan of spending big on rbs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yep. Last year. Time to re-up is now. Wow... Tag for RB was 9.4 then that means there more big contracts out there than the 3 I mentioned.

Forte should take a serious look (and vise versa) at the Panthers next year. Would be a great (not so great for the rest of the NFC) spot for him and Cam.

They would have to really make some moves cap wise.

May be a good break if they can get out from under the contract somehow. The bills are still far away and don't need that contract to hinder adding pieces elsewhere. I can't understand for the life of me why you spend huge on a rb when you have so many other holes. I am a huge fan of McCoy but not a huge fan of spending big on rbs

I think its a blessing in disguise if they can move from that salary.

They would have to really make some moves cap wise.

I think its a blessing in disguise if they can move from that salary.
Agree the guy is a nut job off the field even before this as well. While I am not one for building a team only on character you still have to have a certain amount of self control/responsibility

I did not mind the Bills grabbing him for the money, he averaged over 1,200 yards a season the past 5 years plus the receptions. That kind of player will get that kind of money. Without his injuries (the whole team was injured throughout the year) he would have had another 1,000+ yards easily.

And of course wearing the "I win my way" shirt in the picture...

This season has been an incredible journey and I want to thank PANTHERNAT1ON and all of the fans that iNSP1RED us to great achievements. iAMnøtPERFËCT and I will make mistakes but I will continue to work on improving each day trying toPERFECTallMYimPERFECT1ON. Pursuing greatness is my commitment, and I will continue to be TRÜ to myself, to my FAM1LY and to making all of YOÜ who follow me PROUD! iW1LL W1N... MY WAY... and hope to iNSP1REüALLtoW1N.... ürWAY! -1OVE
#dontBEaPUPPET #stayTRÜtoÜ

This season has been an incredible journey and I want to thank PANTHERNAT1ON and all of the fans that iNSP1RED us to great achievements. iAMnøtPERFËCT and I will make mistakes but I will continue to work on improving each day trying toPERFECTallMYimPERFECT1ON. Pursuing greatness is my commitment, and I will continue to be TRÜ to myself, to my FAM1LY and to making all of YOÜ who follow me PROUD! iW1LL W1N... MY WAY... and hope to iNSP1REüALLtoW1N.... ürWAY! -1OVE

being selfish, doing it your way, pursuing perfection....all the while letting your teammates down because you couldn't pull your head out of your ass long enough to be a leader you were expected to be in the biggest game you've ever played.

He's quickly climbing the arrogant douche list.

And playing the "Black card" before the game was absolutely uncalled for. He doesn't get judged by his race, he just created that opinion to put another chip on his shoulder.

Lot's of "I's" in that statement..........

The grammar hurts my brain

im with you. The QB situation is shaky and gets exposed with a weak WR corp and o line. They need to find the next Polian, levy and marchibroda to turn the team around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back