The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it's a common thing for people who updated to Windows 10. I wish I knew a way to fix it.

Usually the way you fix issues like this is with a wipe and fresh OS install on the clean system. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you open the door to my office and walk in WHILE you're knocking. SMH What's the point in knocking?
To let you know they are coming in silly

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just dropped $375 on a new drive shaft for my car. Repair shop quoted me at $1,430 to replace the drive shaft. Somehow I don't think my time is worth $1,000 but I'm surely not going to pay them that money. That's just insane. They said it would only take a couple of hours. Their pay is like $95 an hour. I know they have to mark things up to make money but dang. Here's hoping the 16 year old bolts come out fairly easily.
Brake cleaner on all bolts an hour before. You will be good

WELP, that was a bet I won't make again

I was looking to send MWard a PM. Couldn't find him until I noticed this new user name Fritters.

I was looking to send MWard a PM. Couldn't find him until I noticed this new user name Fritters.
The only thing I think of when I see his name is "Conch".

Brake cleaner on all bolts an hour before. You will be good

Thanks. I got some spray that's supposed to help with rusted bolts. I'll probably attack the bolts tomorrow when I get home and let them sit for a few hours or over night and then try and take them out.

Airline delays. I guess it's really windy in London and storms are coming into Ireland. We are going to be about 45 minutes late taking off and our connection in Dublin is going to now be under 2 hours. And we do customs in dublin.should hopefully be OK but I was a lot more comfortable with 2.5 hours. But then who knows when we will actually take off from Dublin. We do have about a 2 hour layover in chicago so that could help.

Airline delays. I guess it's really windy in London and storms are coming into Ireland. We are going to be about 45 minutes late taking off and our connection in Dublin is going to now be under 2 hours. And we do customs in dublin.should hopefully be OK but I was a lot more comfortable with 2.5 hours. But then who knows when we will actually take off from Dublin. We do have about a 2 hour layover in chicago so that could help.

Safe travels and I hope you have enough time between flights. Traveling myself today and hoping to get home on time.

...and go figure delayed already on my connection to Cleveland 5 hours from now.

Know you are probably already in the air but my son and I went through customs in Dublin in Dec. Took about 5 minutes. Hopefully your experience is similar.

Know you are probably already in the air but my son and I went through customs in Dublin in Dec. Took about 5 minutes. Hopefully your experience is similar.
It was quick as soon as we were allowed to go through. We had to wait about 15 minutes add they held up everyone from London and Paris. At the gate now and the plane leaves supposedly on time at 1250 which is 52 minutes away.

Completely fed up with my employer. I'm now putting in 12+ hour days because we fired someone before finding her replacement, was stiffed my 3rd quarter bonus and strung along the entire 4th quarter with them saying that they will look into giving it to me retroactively. Fourth quarter closes and they say they'll take into account the 3rd quarter as well, but then say they will only be giving me the quarterly target and will now be going to an annual bonus instead of quarterly. Finally, it was supposed to be in this mornings paycheck...
Really tired of playing games

Completely fed up with my employer. I'm now putting in 12+ hour days because we fired someone before finding her replacement, was stiffed my 3rd quarter bonus and strung along the entire 4th quarter with them saying that they will look into giving it to me retroactively. Fourth quarter closes and they say they'll take into account the 3rd quarter as well, but then say they will only be giving me the quarterly target and will now be going to an annual bonus instead of quarterly. Finally, it was supposed to be in this mornings paycheck...

Man this place has been nothing but a PITA for you. Hoping you hear soon on that other opportunity we were talking about.

My rant - having to take my son to the wake for his friend this morning. Not so much that I'm doing it, the counselors said if the kids want to go, we should take them. It's the simple fact that my 10 yo is going to see one of his friends that he was just sparring with at karate a week ago in a casket. This whole week has just been terrible with losses and funerals. I need it to be done.

Man this place has been nothing but a PITA for you. Hoping you hear soon on that other opportunity we were talking about.

My rant - having to take my son to the wake for his friend this morning. Not so much that I'm doing it, the counselors said if the kids want to go, we should take them. It's the simple fact that my 10 yo is going to see one of his friends that he was just sparring with at karate a week ago in a casket. This whole week has just been terrible with losses and funerals. I need it to be done.

Thanks bud.

Sorry to hear about your sons friend, that's an incredibly sad thing to have to experience for both you and your son.

Time to bounce dude, Im certain there is someplace out there that will treat you as you deserve to be treated

Time to bounce dude, Im certain there is someplace out there that will treat you as you deserve to be treated

Thanks, I'm very actively looking.

My rant, drive shaft went out in my car. I knew it was coming but hoped it would make it to and from work today. Not happening. Luckily I had just dropped my son off and was leaving the daycare.

My title says boss, therefore I have the final say and Fritters is not staying. It can run through the weekend, then you are mward again. Remind me was the M capital?

It was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back