Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

I would like to hit the 9.5 head. My usual driver loft is 9*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but it was only launching at 13.5*? I'm still very intrigued by the driver. though your results are very interesting.

but it was only launching at 13.5*? I'm still very intrigued by the driver. though your results are very interesting.

C.A. - you mention to me the 40 yard max height on my drive. What is that telling you?

C.A. - you mention to me the 40 yard max height on my drive. What is that telling you?

it just seems really high. which is not a bad thing when launch seems to be a goal of this driver. just might not be ideal for you although I'm by no means qualified to make that determination.

in 2013 the average PGA tour drive height was 97'. Jason Day had the highest at 132'. at 40 yards, that's 120' which is over 20' higher than the average tour pro.

it just seems really high. which is not a bad thing when launch seems to be a goal of this driver. just might not be ideal for you although I'm by no means qualified to make that determination.

in 2013 the average PGA tour drive height was 97'. Jason Day had the highest at 132'. at 40 yards, that's 120' which is over 20' higher than the average tour pro.

Well your notes are important to me and I'm glad you said something. I only looked at distance which is important to me but I certainly didn't get any roll out. 7 yards is not much. I'm going back tomorrow to get fit and I would not have looked at height and roll out as closely, but now I will. So, Thank You!

I do know that the driver is available at no up charge with a Fubuki ZT shaft, which is a mid launch shaft according to the Fubuki web site. But I would have to order it untested. The J815's they have there have Fubuki shaft, so I could try that and see how that goes.

I watched a YouTube video today that Bridgestone Japan posted and these 3 older Japanese gentlemen where hammering the driver. It's a good watch actually. They did show the yardage they hit as they had them on Trackman.

Just remember, carry ALWAYS travels when you take your game on the road, run out doesn't necessarily.

I need to hit this. Is it club clash yet?

Last edited:
Well your notes are important to me and I'm glad you said something. I only looked at distance which is important to me but I certainly didn't get any roll out. 7 yards is not much. I'm going back tomorrow to get fit and I would not have looked at height and roll out as closely, but now I will. So, Thank You!

I do know that the driver is available at no up charge with a Fubuki ZT shaft, which is a mid launch shaft according to the Fubuki web site. But I would have to order it untested. The J815's they have there have Fubuki shaft, so I could try that and see how that goes.

I watched a YouTube video today that Bridgestone Japan posted and these 3 older Japanese gentlemen where hammering the driver. It's a good watch actually. They did show the yardage they hit as they had them on Trackman.

I don't know enough for you to make a decision based on anything I have said. I will always take more carry over less carry. good luck with the fitting!

I'm lucky enough to have an open field behind my house so I took this out and hit a few balls. Between tonight and the past simulator sessions I have not hit a bad shot with it. The shots tonight were dead straight or baby fade. I played nine earlier today and my LTD was for the most part all over the place. I'm not sure what's going on but this has just clicked with me. Looks like the LTD may not be a lock for the season.

On a side note this club was loud when hitting between houses. It definitely grabbed my neighbors attention across the street.

Sooo... Look what came home with Daddy today:
53155ffd6a9df93bfee7efbfb10abab4.jpg

Hit it against my BB 815 and I carried 20 yards further and rolled a total of 30 yds further.
Also had 5 mph club speed and 15 mph faster ball speed.

Plus I hit another 230 plus drive again today with a better smash factor and lower max height. A little right but I can play this one. That's twice in two attempts. That was enough for me.

5c838c5826ff49967007e40a5bd1ea68.jpg

6360bfa91975d94fe142ed799a3e0e8b.jpg
6fb3676e42f92d1cd65480a0d1025eeb.jpg

Last edited:
You picked up 15 mph of club head speed???? Am I reading that correctly?

CORRECTED: I went from 115 ball speed to 132. Club speed went from 92 to 100.

Last edited:
I went from 115 club speed to 132. Ball speed went from 92 to 100. I'am not kidding.
Flip those from your pics it was club speed 92 to 100 and ball speed 115 to 132.

Anyway you cut it solid gains.
This is a great looking driver IMO. I am more and more impressed with Bridgestone and their commitment to bring something out that fits everyone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

i was intrigued enough with the reviews here to check out the test drive line-up for this driver. while they do have a number of options to test, maybe a ten to a dozen sets, there is only one set with stiff shafts and none with a heavy shaft. so while some tour pros are bagging this club, is B marketing this driver, out of the box, to the smooth tempo type player?

Flip those from your pics it was club speed 92 to 100 and ball speed 115 to 132.

This is a great looking driver IMO. I am more and more impressed with Bridgestone and their commitment to bring something out that fits everyone.

Thanks I corrected my posts.

CORRECTED: I went from 115 ball speed to 132. Club speed went from 92 to 100.

absolutely those are solid gains. I'm intrigued by this club. At the show Kinchen mentioned that it wasn't a driver intended to get in the bag of their staffers, yet now it's played by Sneds and Kuch.

this is my top driver ponder this year. I dont need a driver at all, but I just keep coming back to it. Just need to stay out of this thread.

Markm- Did you test on the same monitor and same day? If not monitors can read very differently from day to day from my box store experiences.

I demo clubs several times a week and MAYBE see 2-3 mph difference with various clubs. Most of that is related to not being fully warmed up. Most of the time they are within 1 mph difference if not the same. In reality, an 8mph jump is like going from Speith's club head speed (112) to Dustin Johnson (121) type territory. Those are bold claims.

If you pulled that off by switching a club then props to you. I wish I found a club that got me 8 more mph.

JB, Jman etc - have you ever seen jumps like this on your Flightscopes just by picking up a different club ?

Thanks I corrected my posts.

Sorry!! I was trying to make sense of the pics, but with a 1 year old who hates sleeping, my brain is functioning at an all time low when I get to read this stuff at night. Impressive gains none the less!

Markm- Did you test on the same monitor and same day? If not monitors can read very differently from day to day from my box store experiences.

If you pulled that off by switching a club then props to you. I wish I found a club that got me 8 more mph.

JB, Jman etc - have you ever seen jumps like this on your Flightscopes just by picking up a different club ?

So on Saturday and yesterday, I hit 97 & 100 ball speed and 130 club speed on two different monitors

Sat:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458062320.985279.jpg
Monday:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458062338.628235.jpg

I only hit my old club for comparison yesterday. However it matched what I did 3 weeks ago for ball, club and distance. And that was done on third monitor. Same PGATSS.

That's pretty amazing! Glad it is working so well for you!! Gorgeous looking driver!

So on Saturday and yesterday, I hit 97 & 100 ball speed and 130 club speed on two different monitors

Sat:
View attachment 23836
Monday:
View attachment 23837

I only hit my old club for comparison yesterday. However it matched what I did 3 weeks ago for ball, club and distance. And that was done on third monitor. Same PGATSS.

Thanks for the followup. Congrats on the gains. Have you tried it on the course yet?

And it could be that the BB just wasn't a fit for me. I know that I only hit it 200 yds because the fitter said to me that with my swing I should be getting 230. I bought it from CPO and wasn't really fit for it.

This one is #1 on my list for #ClubClash.

Was talking to a salesman at my local shop. They have access to all gear and a monitor and he said the JGR is in the bag for 2016.

Back