Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

The only way this thing launches higher for me is if I tee it up and hit it out of the top half of the face. Hit right out of the center, it is more mid flight for sure. I did move my 12g weight to the back and the 6 to the heel but I did not notice any major differences. Aldila states the Orange is a high flight/spin shaft but by looking at the flight I am getting, I would never guess that. I was using a b330rx all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go hit that Bad Boy and let us know what you think - Be interested on you first impressions of the sound.

Just delivered..

f3dda46f9c8c91a63b41e661df4ed38e.jpg
5581ac1e8442529e52415db9aed0d6c9.jpg
0f5daa76b00f02b4536e9cf9ecec08f3.jpg
002b7ad185d275154d3900ca94e07278.jpg
Look forward to hearing how this compares for you. I'm curious to see what flight differences you see.

So, we're not going to see it on eBay anytime soon?

Haha. Too soon to tell. But the Fubuki ZT X flex with this head is taking the left side out of play for me. I've been battling a hook or power draw

So the beard is back.
I say by Gauntlet you are playing different. :D
Glad it worked for you.

Ha. Wife wanted it back for the vow renewal 2 weeks ago. Happy wife, happy life!

Monster drive and on the right hand side of the green. Looks like you may have something there.

jeez bro that's a HUGE hit! you sure you didn't hit that cart path??? seriously though that's an unreal number, and it's interesting that you said the fubuki is taking the left side out of play since i seem to remember that being your typical shape, and this driver is a little closed. keep up the posts.

Just wrapped up nine holes with this driver. Found 5/7 fairways. Longest drive of the day was 315, Shortest was 270. Ball flight wasn't anything I was concerned about, it was higher than my j715 with Ahina ion 60x but I would classify it as a more mid-high ball flight with a piercing trajectory. It was really nice. I remember hitting this back at Demo day with the stock shaft And was seeing higher ball flight. I played with three gentleman whom I've never played with before. One was a seven handicap and the others were mid Handicappers. All of them were asking what driver I was playing. So you know I had to tell them all about THP and this driver!!!

All of them loved the look and sound of the driver! Can wait to get this on the range and dial it in but I was SUPER IMPRESSED!

1) that's beautiful

2) thank God the beard is back!

3) I now want to hit this even more at ClubClash

1) that's beautiful

2) thank God the beard is back!

3) I now want to hit this even more at ClubClash
You and me both. I can't wait to get some swings with this one.

X.Man how are you playing the weights in it?

Did anyone tried the Jgr with a fujikura shaft (pro or speeder evolution 661) ?

Played quite a bit of golf this weekend and put the 715 back in the bag. Friday was not so great, but played 27 holes yesterday and it was gloriously like it was last year. The JGR was uppermost in my mind though. I just feel like I will get a few more feet of ball height with it.

JM

Is this as deep faced as it looks in the pictures? It looks "tall" like the R9 Super Deep, no?

I really like the looks of this driver. If it performs as well or better than my M1 I may have to make change!

Is this as deep faced as it looks in the pictures? It looks "tall" like the R9 Super Deep, no?

Here's a shot next to a old King Cobra:
b3447f1e4ea69d5a0214641ef0ccec10.jpg

JGR 2.125" Tall
Cobra 2.375" Tall

Guess it's just the picture then, cause 2.125" is not particularly tall. Actually the same as my R15. Thanks for measuring!

Here's a shot next to a old King Cobra:
b3447f1e4ea69d5a0214641ef0ccec10.jpg

JGR 2.125" Tall
Cobra 2.375" Tall

I wouldn't consider this a deep faced driver at all... not shallow, but definitely not deep. Still, very forgiving.... my only concern at this point is the sound. The more I hit it, the cheaper it sounds. Usually this stuff doesn't bother me, maybe I am getting older but as I have been hitting it next to the Fly Z, there is no comparison. I am taking the JGR out this week again so we will see. Love the looks and feel though.

Nixhex, how does it compare to the Fly Z... not only the sound, but how it performs?

I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

It does have that Nike SQ (Think that was the Nike driver) sound to it. You should here the 3w - it's really "Pingy"

Played quite a bit of golf this weekend and put the 715 back in the bag. Friday was not so great, but played 27 holes yesterday and it was gloriously like it was last year. The JGR was uppermost in my mind though. I just feel like I will get a few more feet of ball height with it.

JM

It's noticeably higher launching than J715 in the stock setup. If that's what your are looking for I think it's worth a try!

Back