John Daly and Champions Tour

JD always had / still does have a good short game, better than some on tour now, if he can try and control that "go for broke" drive off the tee and his attitude a bit, which often gets in his way, I think that he will do just fine on the Champions tour. I for one welcome him and I will be watching.

John Daly and Champions Tour

Are there any children's charities that sponsor Champions tour events? Just checking.

I am not defending him as a person at all, It has been clearly stated here in a couple of other threads the hate for him on THP and maybe it is well founded by personal experience by folks here. It is about the Golf and he can put butts in the seats IMO.

It sure is, but Daly is a despicable human being, thus why many can't stand him.

I am not defending him as a person at all, It has been clearly stated here in a couple of other threads the hate for him on THP and maybe it is well founded by personal experience by folks here. It is about the Golf and he can put butts in the seats IMO.

i can't speak to anyone's personal experiences. but i've talked to a former tour pro who knows john personally, i've talked to a businessman who grew up with john and has traveled with john and done quite a bit of gambling with john, and most recently i've talked to a retired gentleman who has volunteered at the travelers for many years. all 3 of these people speak highly of john, saying he is extremely generous with his time, that he is the nicest guy you want to meet, just has some very real demons and is his own worst enemy.

i pity him. i enjoy watching him, and i hope he does well.

Always had talent but he's a really screwed up person.

Like him or not, I think it will be interesting to watch how he does. I think he could be a plus for the Champions tour

I'll watch and I'll probably want him to do well. I'm a John Daly the golfer fan, just not a John Daly the person fan. Some don't think you can draw a line between the two, I think you can. Everyone has their demons. I'm no one to judge. I hope he does well

I'll watch and I'll probably want him to do well. I'm a John Daly the golfer fan, just not a John Daly the person fan. Some don't think you can draw a line between the two, I think you can. Everyone has their demons. I'm no one to judge. I hope he does well

Depends on the line. Let's say you found out he beat a child senseless? Same line?

So really it has less to do with separating golfer from person than it does where the line is drawn and what threshold one has for their actions away from their sport.

Depends on the line. Let's say you found out he beat a child senseless? Same line?

So really it has less to do with separating golfer from person than it does where the line is drawn and what threshold one has for their actions away from their sport.

Correct.

Coming to THP a little late, I was kind of surprised about the feelings for Daly. So, I did a little reading up on this charity thing. According to his lawyer (for what it's worth), the insurance company covering the tournament insisted the charity be included in the lawsuit. Is it a frivolous lawsuit? I can't say one way or the other. I just saw the quote and thought I'd post it for information's sake.

Coming to THP a little late, I was kind of surprised about the feelings for Daly. So, I did a little reading up on this charity thing. According to his lawyer (for what it's worth), the insurance company covering the tournament insisted the charity be included in the lawsuit. Is it a frivolous lawsuit? I can't say one way or the other. I just saw the quote and thought I'd post it for information's sake.

there have been many times i've wanted to post this in the threads that pile on daly. one could make the argument that a better man would drop the whole thing instead of potentially harming a children's charity. i wouldn't make that argument because i don't know the whole truth. the truth always lies somewhere between the two sides of the story.

there have been many times i've wanted to post this in the threads that pile on daly. one could make the argument that a better man would drop the whole thing instead of potentially harming a children's charity. i wouldn't make that argument because i don't know the whole truth. the truth always lies somewhere between the two sides of the story.

Well that depends on how much of the whole story you know. Some people actually know what happened.

Well that depends on how much of the whole story you know. Some people actually know what happened.

I don't know anything more than what has been made public. I know what the media says happened. I know what his attorney said happened. if there's other info available I'd love to know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will compete out there bc of his distance imo. And he WILL draw crowds, like him or not, he is a professional sideshow act.
Dude, with that platinum mullet and those pants he certainly is haha.

I don't know anything more than what has been made public. I know what the media says happened. I know what his attorney said happened. if there's other info available I'd love to know it.

I'd be interested, as well.

And people assume that the lawsuit is the only reason people cant stand him. Or that him trashing a tournament and person for not giving him an exemption. Or the countless other things he has done to make a mockery of himself and the sport. Not everybody has the wonderful cousin's brothers sisters uncle girlfriend says he is awesome interactions. There are THPers (we dont speak about personal appearances) that have said how poorly they were treated. Others might have loved their interactions. And thats cool too.

Wild is wild no matter what tees you play. He is one guy I could careless about

I am indifferent to JD and the Champions Tour. I'm not really up to speed on his transgressions. I guess I don't care enough about him to really look for that information and decide if it passes my personal threshold for liking or disliking somebody.

I just think he draws a crowd. "You know what else would draw a crowd? A golfer with an arm growing out of his a$$" lol

And people assume that the lawsuit is the only reason people cant stand him. Or that him trashing a tournament and person for not giving him an exemption. Or the countless other things he has done to make a mockery of himself and the sport. Not everybody has the wonderful cousin's brothers sisters uncle girlfriend says he is awesome interactions. There are THPers (we dont speak about personal appearances) that have said how poorly they were treated. Others might have loved their interactions. And thats cool too.
Fair enough.

Guys like Fred couples and Davis love still hit the ball pretty far. He won't have that much of an advantage.

He may win a tourney but he won't help ratings at all. His schtick is long past its prime. Happy Gilmore wasnt funny after happy Gilmore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yep, he trashed the Waste Management because they stopped wasting exemptions on him. Dude hasnt had status on the PGA Tour in over a decade, how long are people supposed to keep propping him up?

Back