Anyone tee off with a hybrid?

If the hole calls for it, sure.

I ending up teeing many par 4's with my hybrid. One I can hit it straight and 90% of time which leads me to shooting lower

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I only use them off the tee when the hole does t require driver. I don't carry fairway metals, so hybrid is my next choice.

There are two holes at my club where tee-ing off with a hybrid makes a lot of sense for me - so I do it!

Thanks for the comments, guys. I just ordered the Arccos Golf system, so I am going to get some real data shortly. I am really curious to see how far I am consistently hitting the a12OS 3h. I may put the Bertha back in the bag to get some comparative stats. If I can bomb this hybrid, I wonder what I can do now with the big girl? I love high elevation golfing!

My local course has a couple of holes that a hybrid is best off the tee, due to a dogleg or distance needed.

Used mine 3 times at dubs dread this weekend at the gauntlet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I often use it or my 3i on two holes at my home course when I don't want to miss to the right.

Yes all the time. I love my 3H. I absolutely hit it wonderful and far. Looking to add a few more to my future bag :)

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Arron as I carry a 4, 5, and 6 hybrid I do use them off the tee a bit, mainly longer par threes and doglegs.

I got this crazy idea one day to use my Adams a12OS 3h to tee off with, and my Big Bertha has been sidelined ever since. I absolutely launch it with this R-Flex club. I actually started looking around for a backup, and will be getting one from Canada. Anyone else having great results using a hybrid to tee off with?
I use a hybrid a lot on short par 4's. I should start using it a lot more as it's my most consistent club off the tee box.

Yup, depending on how the hole sets up. It's a case by case basis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On short par 4's sometimes, and on one particularly tight par 5 I will hit my 3 hybrid.

Not as a rule of thumb, but with my 915 2H I am finding that I get a very consistent 230 out of it, so if the hole suits gapping based on 230 out then for sure, also I have managed my only hole in 1 on a par 4 with my 2H .....

Don't have any but I will tee off with my UT'S quite a bit. Such an outstanding club.

Not for nothing but try the mini driver SLDR....I am in love with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry 2 hybrids. a 17* and a 21*. They are my favorite clubs in my bag. I hit my 21* about 240 yards. When I need to be accurate on a hole thats typically the club I'll pull. I usually use it on dogless and shorter holes. For instance the first hole at the course I play most of the time is a slight dog less left with trees on both sides of the fairway and bunkers at 270-300. The hole is about 350 yards. I really like my 52* right about 110 yards. So I will hit a solid 21* Hybrid off the tee and hopefully have a perfect distance in.

I pull the 17* on short par 5's quite often as well.

I really wish I could hit my hybrid better. I can get about 210 out of it but it's all over the place. I tee off on long par 3s but when it comes to being accurate, I go old trusty 5 wood. I hit it a little longer than my hybrid but the dispersion is far less.

My home course has 3 holes that are essentially perfect 90* Elbow angles that I use my hybrid to play to the corner. All of them turn at 220 - 240. Trying to cut the corner or play too much club that it goes through the fairway is almost a guarantee that penalty strokes are incoming.

I have the exact hybrid and I use it as a mini driver. I have a tm jetspeed 3w too but the 3h is effortless to hit. I only get 185 out of it but it goes straight.

Last edited:
At the moment my Driver has been replaced by my 4 Hybrid due to poor performance. 3 Wood isn't much better, I think they might be too long for me. Now hitting the 4 H off the deck on the tee box and getting solid consistency for a change. Rolls out about as far as most of my playing partners Drivers. Whilst I sacrifice a little distance I've shaved about 8 shots per round as I'm not hitting OOB or hitting second shot from the tree line all the time. Amuses my partners no end but its hard to argue with better scores.

Lately I have been on fire with the driver, so unless it doglegs and I know I can drive through the fairway, I use my F6. But if I can go long, I pull either my FYBrid or D200 3H.

I'll take hybrid off a tee if the hole calls for it.

Back