Favorite Finishing Holes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking with the Dean of THP yesterday, we were discussing some of the best finishing holes in golf. What holes stand out to you?

18 at Pebble Beach and then there are those two finishing holes at True Blue and Caledonia.

Though not the most challenging hole to PGA players, 18 at the Old Course at St. Andrews sticks out to me. Mainly for the tradition and the iconic Swilcan Bridge certainly enhances that tradition.

Pebble, Augusta, Merion, Riviera, Quail Hollow, Whistling Straits.

18 at Pebble, 17-18 at Sawgrass, 17-18 at St Andrews.

Pebble and Augusta for me.

JM

any 19th hole....anywho, Pebble or 18th at Doral. Tee shot is so intimidating. 2nd shot is no joke either.

That I've played.....True Blue & Caledonia.

Tour.....Bay Hill, Pebble, and Sawgrass

I was going to say whistling straits. Dustin Johnson may disagree. Wait till you guys all see the view off the 18th tee at Erin Hills at the US Open.

That I've played that had amazing 18th holes: Sawgrass, Kapalua, Doral

On Tour: Pebble, St Andrews, Harbor Town

I am amazed at the love for 18 at Augusta. That hole is underwhelming to me.

I vote Pebble or Bay Hill

15-18 at the TPC Riverhighlands to me, but that may be because its 5min away from my house. Other than that the 16-18th at sawgrass are always a must watch

I was underwhelmed until I saw it in person.

I'm going 18 at Sawgrass, Augusta, Whistling Straits.

I can honestly never say that I've been excited to watch coverage of the 18th, until the final day, last couple of groups.

Pebble, Bay Hill, PGA National, Harbour Town.

18th at the Blue Monster is just a nasty finishing hole. It's a narrow drive usually into the wind which makes it tough to carry the water on the left side. Second shot is again into the wind with a green that slopes right to left into the water and guarded by bunkers on the right. Bogey is a great score on this hole.

On Tour: Pebble Beach, PGA National, Chambers Bay (as a par 5), Whistling Straights

That I've Played: True Blue, Caledonia, Northview Ridge Course

From the courses that I've played and come immediately to mind: True Blue, Caledonia, Links Course at RTJ Grand National, St. Andrews, Carnoustie, Whistling Straits

That I've played? 17 and 18 on the Dye course at The Hideaway!

Outside of that, like others have said. Sawgrass, Pebble, 16, 17, 18 at TPC Scottsdale, St. Andrews.

I'll take the 18th at Oakmont!! All the holes are tough because the greens are like glass but the slope on the 18th is impossible unless your in the right spot on the green. (Even then it's hard)

Pebble or Sawgrass. Pretty similar holes actually.

I'll stick with courses I have played...Finishing stretch at TPC Sawgrass Stadium course is pretty special. 16 is a fun par 5, then it cranks up with the island green on 17, and 18 is such a great hole to play, with a tee shot that you absolutely cannot miss left, and playing right towards the TPC clubhouse. Final holes at True Blue and Caledonia. Challenging, but fair, finishing holes going right back towards the plantation-style club houses. Just beautiful.

Last edited:
The ones at THP events, its becoming one of my favorite parts of an event.
Always fun playing in and then as a spectator as everyone else comes in.

18 at Pebble, 17-18 at Sawgrass, 17-18 at St Andrews.
All iconic stretches.

For some reason the old 18 at east lake for the tour championship always stood out being the long par 3 that it is.

My three favorites that I've seen in person are 18 at Harbourtown, 18 at Caledonia, and 18 at PGA National.

Pebble, Augusta and Doral come to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back